Donald vs Suh

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

CodeMonkey

Possibly the OH but cannot self-identify
If we didn't have Brockers, I might be on board for a low price (which won't happen).

Bringing him in to force Brockers to the bench or trade wire? No. Just no.
Imagine the rotation though... good god.

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
You left out bone-headed penalty yards. Suh's got AD there. Donald is in the backfield more than any DL in recent memory & he's just getting started! I'd take Donald over any DT, especially that Diva Suh
Off Topic, a little, But did anyone else see how easily Kyle Long was handling Suh in the Detroit/Chicago game? Kyle looks real good! I'd like to see him in a Ram Uni! maybe we could swing a trade!

Mikey Ram

Hall of Fame
Name
Mike
Imagine the rotation though... good god.

Without singling out your post, I am leery of that kind of optimism...Example: How many toies this off season did somebody say "Just think about how awesome the front 7 is going to be..Maybe the best in the NFL"..With the exception of the 3 game stretch, they've been nothing even resembling the best..That's just an example...(In time, they may be just that, but I'd rather see it first over a bigger sample size)...My point is simply "Clowney ...this, Blackmon that...RG III, et. al..It's a long list...What's my point ??? Not sure I know...I real guess it's just that I think as fans (myself included) we anoint players or groups of players as the next real deal, without seeing some of it first...Sorry, I'm done now...

CodeMonkey

Possibly the OH but cannot self-identify
Without singling out your post, I am leery of that kind of optimism...Example: How many toies this off season did somebody say "Just think about how awesome the front 7 is going to be..Maybe the best in the NFL"..With the exception of the 3 game stretch, they've been nothing even resembling the best..That's just an example...(In time, they may be just that, but I'd rather see it first over a bigger sample size)...My point is simply "Clowney ...this, Blackmon that...RG III, et. al..It's a long list...What's my point ??? Not sure I know...I real guess it's just that I think as fans (myself included) we anoint players or groups of players as the next real deal, without seeing some of it first...Sorry, I'm done now...
Didn't mean to create a great controversy. I mean I realize it was just a fart in the wind. But I'm glad you were able to get that off your chest. :cheers:

RaminExile

Hall of Fame
Wow. Shame he wont win DROY because he's a Ram - they'll give it to Borland or someone like that instead.

Mikey Ram

Hall of Fame
Name
Mike
Didn't mean to create a great controversy. I mean I realize it was just a fart in the wind. But I'm glad you were able to get that off your chest. :cheers:

No controversy, just one of my dumb things... :cool:

junkman

Farewell to all!
Name
junkman
PFF has Suh as the top DT right now with a +27.6, Donald right behind him at 25.7. But... this is shaping up to be Suh's best year. He didn't get to a positive season per PFF until his third year when he was +15.2.

But these are not historic seasons for DTs (at least not yet). McCoy was +48.8 in 2013. Geno Atkins was +73.6 in 2012. Those were the best DT seasons since 2007, per PFF. The best rookie DT grade since 2007 was Pernell McPhee with a +20.7 in 2011, except he was really just a pass rush guy.

Geno Atkins is a great player to compare to Donald. Similar size, similar style. His rookie year in 2010, he was +15.6, followed by +27.2 his 2nd year, followed by the incredible +73.6.

The idea that Donald is making more of a splash than Atkins made his rookie year is really saying something... but it's saying something that every Rams fan already knew. Simply put, Donald is special. Remarkably special.

Jumava1968

Starter
Name
Jumava
Off Topic, a little, But did anyone else see how easily Kyle Long was handling Suh in the Detroit/Chicago game? Kyle looks real good! I'd like to see him in a Ram Uni! maybe we could swing a trade!
I was hoping we would draft him,and yeah I saw a few plays of him locking Suh down.

junkman

Farewell to all!
Name
junkman
Wow. Shame he wont win DROY because he's a Ram - they'll give it to Borland or someone like that instead.

Borland didn't play most of the year. He'll be exposed before the year is up. My money is on Mack as the main competition for Donald.

RamPower44

UDFA
Name
Marco
Donald is a effin beast. The guy is so quick and solid in all phases in the game.