DRAFT Day two: Rds 2 and 3

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Production was mainly due to freelancing and undisciplined play. Not a fan of this pick at all, especially with his slow speed. We just drafted Derion Kendrick, but the safety.

Yay.
Could be worse. Could have drafted some terrible player, like that Abrams guy from Missouri. :zany:

Ramhusker

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Bo Bowen
Ton of talent left in this draft. Crazy.

AvengerRam

Benevolent Troublemaker
Our depth at DB is looking pretty good, particularly if Tre'Davious White can get/stay healthy.

White, DWill, Durant, Kendrick, Tomlinson, Lake, Curl, Yeast, Kinchens. It will be interesting to see how the starters emerge.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
He had coaching at Miami. We're not talking about a school that can't coach talent; it's fucking Miami! And he still freelanced. He still got burned. Ball skills are fantastic, but I worry about Kinchens discipline and speed. He's slow. Even for a safety, he's slow.
Miami's coaching is pretty shitty. As for speed, a 4.65 40 is fine. Jordan Fuller ran a 4.67 40, and he was a solid player for us.

swmizzou83

Starter
I don't question every pick. I loved the picks of Verse and Fiske. But the front office, as fantastic as they are, aren't infallible. Burgess was another late third round safety, about the same size as Kinchens (but without the production). How did that work out again? Or Taylor Rapp (whom, I admit, I was hoping for in the second round of that year)? Bobby Evans? Darrell Henderson? David Long? Terrell Lewis?

They're not perfect, they're not going to bat, 1.000, and I have every right to question them as a fan.
Well obviously every pick isn't going to work out but there isn't a single team that bats 1.000. Our staff has been very good over the years and we have no control over any of it so there is no reason to not to just support the picks and trust the staff picked them for a reason.

El Chapo Jr

Hall of Fame
He had coaching at Miami. We're not talking about a school that can't coach talent; it's fucking Miami! And he still freelanced. He still got burned. Ball skills are fantastic, but I worry about Kinchens discipline and speed. He's slow. Even for a safety, he's slow.
Yet somehow had 11 picks. He has ball skills to work with. Any player picked at this spot will have holes that need to be worked on and molded. I'd trust an NFL staff like ours to get more out of a player than the college game. He's not slow for a safety, he's at least average though lol

Screenshot_20240426_204030_Samsung Internet~2.jpg

LARams_1963

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
greg
So whats the word on the street…. We drafting a kicker in the later rounds??? Sure hope we do something

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
Well obviously every pick isn't going to work out but there isn't a single team that bats 1.000. Our staff has been very good over the years and we have no control over any of it so there is no reason to not to just support the picks and trust the staff picked them for a reason.

I know they picked them for a reason. Every team has a reason for picking the players they do. But let's not pretend that everyone's going to work out for the team. 2019 and 2020 were terrible drafts with the exception of Gaines, Scott, and Fuller - and the latter. Three players - all of them not with premium picks. We had three seconds and five thirds, and none of them panned out.

We have survived and thrived with a few dominant players that were drafted early on (AD, Kupp, Gurley, Goff, Havenstein, etc.), smart free agent and trade acquisitions, and role players in the right time and place...until 2023. We'll see if 2024 does the same thing, especially now that AD has retired. The Verse and Fiske picks make perfect sense. I question the need for a safety this early, and I question this safety period.

Yet somehow had 11 picks. He has ball skills to work with. Any player picked at this spot will have holes that need to be worked on and molded. I'd trust an NFL staff like ours to get more out of a player than the college game. He's not slow for a safety, he's at least average though lol

View attachment 65436

By freelancing and blowing his proper assignments. Sometimes (eleven picks) it helps. Other times (multiple blown coverages and the inability to recover in time to prevent the long gain/touchdown - which happened twice at North Carolina), it will hurt the team. As a safety, the last line of defense, I am concerned with Kinchens.

Miami's coaching is pretty shitty. As for speed, a 4.65 40 is fine. Jordan Fuller ran a 4.67 40, and he was a solid player for us.

Jordan Fuller was still pretty slow and eventually got relegated to a backup role. As for Miami's coaching? If he's not listening to their assignments, why would he suddenly listen to ours in a more complicated defense?

Flatlyner

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2023 ROD Survivor Champion
Can't help but be pretty damn happy about our haul thus far. We have added to the unit that needed it the most and, so far, we have added 3 starters on D and a very useful RB. Remember those games Kyren missed and we trotted out street free agents? Corum is so far and away better then that. We won't skip a beat.

Lets get a solid WR tomorrow and I'm pretty damn stoked about the season!

Flatlyner

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2023 ROD Survivor Champion
I know they picked them for a reason. Every team has a reason for picking the players they do. But let's not pretend that everyone's going to work out for the team. 2019 and 2020 were terrible drafts with the exception of Gaines, Scott, and Fuller - and the latter. Three players - all of them not with premium picks. We had three seconds and five thirds, and none of them panned out.

We have survived and thrived with a few dominant players that were drafted early on (AD, Kupp, Gurley, Goff, Higbee, Havenstein, etc.), smart free agent and trade acquisitions, and role players in the right time and place...until 2023. We'll see if 2024 does the same thing, especially now that AD has retired. The Verse and Fiske picks make perfect sense. I question the need for a safety this early, and I question this safety period.

By freelancing and blowing his proper assignments. Sometimes (eleven picks) it helps. Other times (multiple blown coverages and the inability to recover in time to prevent the long gain/touchdown - which happened twice at North Carolina), it will hurt the team. As a safety, the last line of defense, I am concerned with Kinchens.

Jordan Fuller was still pretty slow and eventually got relegated to a backup role. As for Miami's coaching? If he's not listening to their assigments, why would he suddenly listen to ours in a more complicated defense?
Are we pretending that Miami has a good coaching staff/team like they used to? This might be the issue with Kitchens development. To me, it is worth the risk to get a ball hawking safety at end of 3rd. Miami is simply not a good team, and haven't been for a while.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Jordan Fuller was still pretty slow and eventually got relegated to a backup role. As for Miami's coaching? If he's not listening to their assignments, why would he suddenly listen to ours in a more complicated defense?
Jordan Fuller started 17 games last year and played 93% of our defensive snaps. When was he relegated to a backup role? He was certainly on the slower side, but he was a solid starter because he was smart, instinctive, and disciplined.

On Kinchens, who knows what he will or won't become. He's a young player. Young players make mistakes. Young players try to overcompensate. Young players do reckless things. That's particularly true when you have bad coaching. Why might he listen to our coaches? Because our coaches are better at teaching and communicating assignments and he has more trust in his teammates. Discipline will matter. Hopefully, our coaches and players get through to him.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
I think we got 4 nfl starters with these four picks so far.
Four of starter quality who seem like nice fits, no doubt. It's a pretty damn good haul so far. Kinchen could have gone off earlier too, so I think he may have had the best value for where we got him.

Corner would have been nice then get the RB round five. That's the one complaint I'd make if I had to voice one. But Corum is of such quality that it's a wash. I'm really happy with these first few rounds. Nice job Rams.

Now hopefully at least one returner and a kicker in the remaining picks. DL depth rotation type. And maybe another ILB in form of a safety conversion type. But whatever. It's all gravy from here.

Ram_Rally

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Fun fact: all of our defensive players drafted so far wear number 5. Verse and Kinchens are 5 and fiske is 55. Haha.