DRAFT Day two: Rds 2 and 3

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Ramhusker

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Bo Bowen
We need to get into the 4th round. A lot of help for us there.

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
Folks complaining about a safety that ran a 4.6? That's exactly why he's a safety. I'd only worry if he were a CB with that time. Good pick as he's a ball hawk. We need someone that can have more takeaways. Guess complaining will happenbbecause the Rams aren't picking players they like. I'll put my trust in our scouting department.

I'm complaining because we drafted a deep safety who freelances and does undisciplined shit that gets him burned - and he doesn't have the recovery speed to make up for it. Basically Derion Kendrick, but at safety.

El Chapo Jr

Hall of Fame
I'm complaining because we drafted a deep safety who freelances and does undisciplined shit that gets him burned - and he doesn't have the recovery speed to make up for it. Basically Derion Kendrick, but at safety.
So coaching doesn't mean anything? How about giving our staff a chance to coach the kid instead of complaining about the choice. He has 11 ints in 2 years. If I heard correctly, only Ed Reed and Sean Taylor did that at Miami. Not bad company at all.

fanotodd

Diehard
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Fanotodd
The Rams needed some improvement on the back end. Deep Safety was concerning. Glad the Rams grabbed someone for the secondary with one of their three picks tonight.

Ram Ts

Hall of Fame
I didn’t like kitchens at 52 or earlier. But awesome at 99.

I think we got 4 nfl starters with these four picks so far. Can’t wait to see what’s next tomorrow.

PhillyRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Scott
Folks complaining about a safety that ran a 4.6? That's exactly why he's a safety. I'd only worry if he were a CB with that time. Good pick as he's a ball hawk. We need someone that can have more takeaways. Guess complaining will happen because the Rams aren't picking players they like. I'll put my trust in our scouting department.
Yeah, if he ran a 4.45 he would be a top 25 pick

Memento

Name
Jemma
So coaching doesn't mean anything? How about giving our staff a chance to coach the kid instead of complaining about the choice. He has 11 ints in 2 years. If I heard correctly, only Ed Reed and Sean Taylor did that at Miami. Not bad company at all.

He had coaching at Miami. We're not talking about a school that can't coach talent; it's fucking Miami! And he still freelanced. He still got burned. Ball skills are fantastic, but I worry about Kinchens discipline and speed. He's slow. Even for a safety, he's slow.

fanotodd

Diehard
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Fanotodd
3 of 4 to the D….Sean’s face is the a shade or two redder
He’s got nothing to complain about. The Rams backed up the $$truck to pay his OL and get him a TE.

Do you think a decent WR will be there in the 5th?

swmizzou83

Starter
He had coaching at Miami. We're not talking about a school that can't coach talent; it's fucking Miami! And he still freelanced. He still got burned. Ball skills are fantastic, but I worry about Kinchens discipline and speed. He's slow. Even for a safety, he's slow.
Or you could just trust the Rams staff knows what they are doing like they have repeatedly shown instead of questioning every pick.

RamsFan4Life

Starter
He’s got nothing to complain about. The Rams backed up the $$truck to pay his OL and get him a TE.

I hope so……that would put a bow on this draft for me.

or trade up to the 4th and make it so

Make It So Star Trek GIF

AvengerRam

Benevolent Troublemaker
I have two draft magazines: Athlon and Lindy's. Among safeties, they had Kinchens ranked 1st (2nd round) and 2nd (2nd round), respectively. That was before he ran the slow 40, so perhaps they'd rank him lower now, but it means that he met the "eye test."

Also, for what it's worth, he improved his 40 time to a 4.57 at his Pro Day.

Flatlyner

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2023 ROD Survivor Champion

With the amount of solid WR's still on the board, the odds are good.

Ramhusker

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Bo Bowen
Damn man, we basically just got 4 new starters. Look for the Rams to trade up tomorrow and try and get a 5th.

InfiniteRam

Rookie
I have two draft magazines: Athlon and Lindy's. Among safeties, they had Kinchens ranked 1st (2nd round) and 2nd (2nd round), respectively. That was before he ran the slow 40, so perhaps they'd rank him lower now, but it means that he met the "eye test."

Also, for what it's worth, he improved his 40 time to a 4.57 at his Pro Day.

Ed Reed ran a 4.57 also. 4.57, 4.60, 4.65 ... it's all the same when playing deep safety.

Memento

Name
Jemma
Or you could just trust the Rams staff knows what they are doing like they have repeatedly shown instead of questioning every pick.

I don't question every pick. I loved the picks of Verse and Fiske. But the front office, as fantastic as they are, aren't infallible. Burgess was another late third round safety, about the same size as Kinchens (but without the production). How did that work out again? Or Taylor Rapp (whom, I admit, I was hoping for in the second round of that year)? Bobby Evans? Darrell Henderson? David Long? Terrell Lewis?

They're not perfect, they're not going to bat, 1.000, and I have every right to question them as a fan.