Could Pete Carroll and John Schneider be a package for LA in 2017?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
idk if you watch stanford much, but Shaw is crazy conservative

I still believe he's a quality Head Coach that could transition well into the NFL, but like I have posted many times, I believe Fisher will begin a run this year and start to win consistently.

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
While I agree it would be a story for Hollywood, I think I would be ill for a full season. I don't like Pete Carroll and it isn't just because he is a Seahawk. I just don't like his coaching style, his antics on and off the field, or his pressroom persona.

And I don't like William Stephen Belichick either, but if he was coaching my team and we were winning multiple Super Bowls, I believe I could stomach him.

DickersonGurley

Naga...nagunnaposthereanymore
Name
Faulk
Uh....didn't he help cause a scandal at USC? As far as recruiting, etc? And then escape like a rat when the consequences came down?

I would think he is persona non grata in the Coliseum. I hope he is booed and super uncomfortable week 2.

:rant:And needs a Heimlich to punch out a wad of gum!
No, he left to coach in NFL. If you think he's a Rat for anything he might have done, then you must think about 90% ofNCAA coaches are rats. There are so many hands in the cookie jar, and so many moving parts, most times the head coach isn't the guy calling the shots on those decisions.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
No, he left to coach in NFL. If you think he's a Rat for anything he might have done, then you must think about 90% ofNCAA coaches are rats. There are so many hands in the cookie jar, and so many moving parts, most times the head coach isn't the guy calling the shots on those decisions.

So you are using the old "everybody else is doing it" argument? How many of those other HC's left a successful college program ahead of NCAA suspensions for a gig in the NFL? He knew the ship was going down and he escaped responsibility....I'm sorry, but I still think character matters...and good ole Pete had shown how little of it that he had.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Pete is like the Captain of this ship, comforting his staff and players at USC, when the NCAA sank the USC program as he was heading out the door to Seattle...

View: http://imgur.com/6GGosvX

Ramatik

Starter
Do you want a candidate to be best man at your wedding, Fatbot?

Or do you want the best possible HC to win games for the Rams?

I'm all about the latter.

Carroll, Jim Harbaugh, and Arians may not be at the head of my next Thanksgiving table, but they can all coach rings around Jeff Fisher based on the evidence of the last 4 years.

I would trade Fisher straight up for any of them in a heartbeat.

Personally, I would like a guy that I like. I would like him to be tough and have integrity. Those 3 coaches are straight up scum. AND based on the evidence of the last 4 years, I have not seen them coach circles around Fisher. What are each of their records heads up against the Rams? Or, I misunderstand what the world circles means.

I wouldn't trade bulger for any one of those douche bags.

Sometimes people get all giddy and starry eyed over the dumbest b.s.

SaneRamsFan

Rookie
Hilarious that anyone would think that a team owned by Kroenke would consider any kind of ethics when selecting a coach. If he thinks Carroll would win and make him the most money than Carroll it is. Im with the group who wouldn't watch them anymore because I cant stand to even look at the little weasel. (Not saying I wouldn't listen on the radio) I think Fisher is a mediocre coach but likeable as a person.

Rams43

Hall of Fame
Hilarious that anyone would think that a team owned by Kroenke would consider any kind of ethics when selecting a coach. If he thinks Carroll would win and make him the most money than Carroll it is. Im with the group who wouldn't watch them anymore because I cant stand to even look at the little weasel. (Not saying I wouldn't listen on the radio) I think Fisher is a mediocre coach but likeable as a person.

You nailed it, SRF.

Fisher is a likable person. Who wouldn't want to have a beer with him? Including me.

But you're also correct about him being a mediocre HC. His career record says as much. More importantly, his Ram career record says as much.

He can assemble a good to very good D and ST unit, and put together fine coaching staffs for each unit.

But when it comes to the O, well, he struggles. And that's being polite.

Some have posted that they couldn't support Carroll, Arians, or Harbaugh as Ram HC's. I think that they're forgetting the role of a HC. The HC doesn't need to be their best friend or even favorite uncle.

His job is to win games and make the playoffs. Then go on and win the SB. Everything else is secondary.

As den pointed out, for example, Belichik is not a personable man. Not much warm and fuzzy to him, at all.

But Dang!

He wins games.
He wins playoff games.
He wins SB's.

THAT'S job One for my HC. I can go have a beer with someone else.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
And I don't like William Stephen Belichick either, but if he was coaching my team and we were winning multiple Super Bowls, I believe I could stomach him.

I might be cutting off my nose to spite my face but I still wouldn't like him. If he was the Rams coach I would be forced to accept it but I still wouldn't like him. It's just like when the Yankees started winning in 96'. Eventually they started to plug in higher and higher profile free agents to fill in around their core. When they signed Clemens and A Rod, I hated it. Both went on to help the team win big but I was happy when Clemens was gone and can't wait for ARod to be gone too.

I could be okay with Ariens coaching the Rams but not Carroll or Belichick. I would just have to grin and bare it.

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
.524 = Dick Vermeil's career W/L %
Eight = number of non-winning seasons in 15 years as HC

I agree that it's time to shit or get off the pot for Fisher's Rams...but it's not like he got here in 2012 and all he had to do was luck into a legit QB and fast track this team to the playoffs. It's been the best division in football for four years. The Rams haven't been good enough and neither was Bradford.