Coaches hired and fired

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Psycho_X

Legend
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Don't like the idea!! Look at what he did with Cam Newton, he stinks!!JMHO!

I didn't offer an opinion one way or another just thought it might happen with the family connection. But the Rams promoted from within since then so its a moot point at this juncture.

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
But I think Andy Reid called the plays still? I don't know, dude doesn't have much of a track record to speak of. The Andy Reid coaching tree just loves planting those average seeds all over the NFL doesn't it... at least when it comes to offense?
Naggy took over during a losing streak...turned them around..just in time.

I really like a bunch of the plays the Chiefs run...innovative...
Compare that to a team like Chargers who have Melvin Ingram, Hunter Henry, Antonio Gates, Keenan Allen, Travis Benjamin.
Chiefs offensive and defensive players are better...DeMarcus Robinson is a very good wr...should grow with Hill & Kelce....and the D. Thomas...of Oregon and Crenshaw High fame...DAT...

Chiefs had a good lil offense...Defense fell apart....

Psycho_X

Legend

giphy.gif

thirteen28

I like pizza.
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Erik

I have to do it again ... just have to:

58683008_2dc4c01d94_z.jpg

One great thing you'll see if Schotty goes to Seattle is that once a play is run with great success, it will NEVER EVER EVER!!! be used again ... EVER.

Plus, you'll get a guy who will get all Darrell Bevel and throw in obvious goal-line running situations ...

PLEASE Seattle, HIRE THIS GUY NOW!!!

And if he won't come, I recommend this guy:

upload_2018-1-11_13-29-22.jpeg

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2018/01/11/raiders-hiring-alabama-defensive-backs-coach/

Raiders hiring Alabama defensive backs coach
Posted by Charean Williams on January 11, 2018

Alabama defensive backs coach Derrick Ansley has accepted a job to coach the Raiders’ secondary, footballscoop.com reports.

Ansley agreed Monday to become Colorado State’s defensive coordinator. But Jon Gruden called and lured Ansley to Northern California.

Ansley spent two years at Alabama and had one of the top units in college football in 2017. Alabama defensive back Minkah Fitzpatrick, who declaredfor the draft Thursday, won the Thorpe Award as the nation’s top defensive back and the Bednarik Award as the game’s top defensive player.

Ansley previously served as defensive backs coach at Kentucky (2013-15) and Tennessee (2012) and as a graduate assistant at Alabama (2010-11).

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Mcvay is/was special last year. He was known for being a possible savant HC, but was too young. For the old owners,too young used to mean a sure fail. Kroenke/Demoff/Snead rolled the dice and won with him, now we will watch the copycats fail, trying to duplicate a rare outcome.

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
Talk about nepotism. Turner, his son, his brother, and his nephew all coaching the Panthers offense.
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2018/01/11/panthers-reach-agreement-with-norv-turner/

Panthers reach agreement with Norv Turner
Posted by Charean Williams on January 11, 2018

roflbot.jpg

Getty Images

The Panthers have finalized a deal with Norv Turner, via multiple reports. The long-time coach replaces Mike Shula as the team’s offensive coordinator.

Turner was the favorite for the job, and Carolina didn’t waste any time getting him on board.

Turner’s son, Scott, the quarterbacks coach at the University of Michigan, will join the Panthers’ staff as quarterbacks coach. He will replace Ken Dorsey, whom the Panthers fired Tuesday.

Carolina already employs Norv Turner’s brother, Ron, as an offensive consultant, and Norv Turner’s nephew, Cameron, as assistant quarterbacks coach. Scott was the quality control coach during Rivera’s first two seasons.

Norv Turner, 65, parted ways with the Vikings midway through the 2016 season and did not coach in 2017.

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
http://www.theredzone.org/Blog-Desc...orite-to-become-the-next-Cardinals-head-coach.

Pat Shurmur has emerged as the frontrunner to replace Bruce Arians and become the Arizona Cardinals' next head coach, sources have told sports director Craig Fouhy of ABC15 in Arizona.

The 52-year-old Shurmur is currently the offensive coordinator for the Minnesota Vikings. Sources have told Fouhy that Shurmur, who has already interviewed for the Cardinals job, is an attractive candidate in part because he could potentially lure Vikings QB and soon-to-be free agent Case Keenum to Arizona.

Coaching is in Shurmur's blood, as his uncle Fritz was an NFL coach for nearly a quarter century and helped lead the Packers to a Super Bowl XXXI victory. Shurmur has coached in the NFL since 1999 and has also served as offensive coordinator for the Eagles and Rams.

Shurmur spent two seasons as the head coach of the Cleveland Browns but failed to win more than five games in either season. He was the Eagles' interim head coach for one game in 2015 after Chip Kelly was fired.

The Cardinals could have some competition, however, as reports say the Giants and Lions might also have Shurmu

den-the-coach

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
Case Keenum & Pat Shurmur in Arizona, now I realize the adage...."Be careful for what you wish for." But I was concerned if the Cardinals hired Matt Patricia and if they land Shurmur and Keenum becomes the starter, well, I'm feeling pretty good.

Now I have nothing against Pat Shurmur, loved his Uncle Fritz who coordinated the great defenses in the 80's under John Alexander Robinson, but his nephew in Arizona and now with Schotty possibly interviewing in Seattle for OC....When you wish upon a Star.

Psycho_X

Legend
Case Keenum & Pat Shurmur in Arizona, now I realize the adage...."Be careful for what you wish for." But I was concerned if the Cardinals hired Matt Patricia and if they land Shurmur and Keenum becomes the starter, well, I'm feeling pretty good.

Now I have nothing against Pat Shurmur, loved his Uncle Fritz who coordinated the great defenses in the 80's under John Alexander Robinson, but his nephew in Arizona and now with Schotty possibly interviewing in Seattle for OC....When you wish upon a Star.

Out of all the OC's we had between Spags and Fishers tenure I'd have to give Shurmur props as the best one... if that's a ranking anyone wants to be a part of. He actually did decent with Bradford's rookie year. And he got the Browns to win 5 games which is like a playoff appearance for them. But yeah, I don't fear him as a coach or an OC... but he's not completely awful.

den-the-coach

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
Out of all the OC's we had between Spags and Fishers tenure I'd have to give Shurmur props as the best one....

Sad part is McDaniels was part of the group being OC in Spagnuolo's last year...If the Cardinals do hire Shurmur must be the fact they feel he's closer to Arians and the fact he can bring a QB with him. Now I agree, he was the best OC, but there was not much competition, with the exception of McDaniels, who like Al Saunders under Scott Linehan ended in disaster.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Shurmer did a good job with the Rams. Earned a promotion that was unfortunately the Browns. Plenty of good coaches run thru that mill and plenty came out of it ok. Childress and Shanahan got HC jobs later. I think the time spent with Kelly did Shurm some good, expanded his philosophy. Can’t downplay the success he’s had in Minnesota. He got a heck of a lot more out of their offense then QB whisperer Norv Turner did.
End of the day, I’d be careful looking down on Shurm going to Arizona. I think he could resurrect that offense and the D can be pretty good

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
http://www.theredzone.org/Blog-Desc...orite-to-become-the-next-Cardinals-head-coach.

Pat Shurmur has emerged as the frontrunner to replace Bruce Arians and become the Arizona Cardinals' next head coach, sources have told sports director Craig Fouhy of ABC15 in Arizona.

The 52-year-old Shurmur is currently the offensive coordinator for the Minnesota Vikings. Sources have told Fouhy that Shurmur, who has already interviewed for the Cardinals job, is an attractive candidate in part because he could potentially lure Vikings QB and soon-to-be free agent Case Keenum to Arizona.

Coaching is in Shurmur's blood, as his uncle Fritz was an NFL coach for nearly a quarter century and helped lead the Packers to a Super Bowl XXXI victory. Shurmur has coached in the NFL since 1999 and has also served as offensive coordinator for the Eagles and Rams.

Shurmur spent two seasons as the head coach of the Cleveland Browns but failed to win more than five games in either season. He was the Eagles' interim head coach for one game in 2015 after Chip Kelly was fired.

The Cardinals could have some competition, however, as reports say the Giants and Lions might also have Shurmu
It's possible that IF Shurmur gets the Job in Arizona he could take Both Keenum and Bradford there with him. JMHO

Rmfnlt

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Shurmer did a good job with the Rams. Earned a promotion that was unfortunately the Browns. Plenty of good coaches run thru that mill and plenty came out of it ok. Childress and Shanahan got HC jobs later. I think the time spent with Kelly did Shurm some good, expanded his philosophy. Can’t downplay the success he’s had in Minnesota. He got a heck of a lot more out of their offense then QB whisperer Norv Turner did.
End of the day, I’d be careful looking down on Shurm going to Arizona. I think he could resurrect that offense and the D can be pretty good
I agree. Shurmur wasn't all that bad.

Boy, did some Rams fans hate him, though... ."Murmur" is what one fan used to call him.

Got an awful lot of flack for his "dink-and-dunk" offense when Bradford was a rookie.
It always seemed like some fans couldn't grasp that Bradford was a rookie and, as I recall, the Oline wasn't very good.

So, to some extend, Shurmur's hands were tied. I think he made the best of what he was dealt.

But, it appeared to me he kept with that predictable philosophy for years after he left the Rams (of course, what the hell are you gonna do in CLE?).

Anyway, I liked the guy and it's nice to see what he's been able to accomplish in MINN this year.

Just not sure he's Head Coach material. If he is in AZ, I hope he's not (Head Coach material).

The NFC West is in a lot of flux right now. Rams seem to be the most stable, then SF.

I don't know what's gonna happen in either SEA or AZ. But I think it's gonna take time for them to re-set their course and start winning consistently. Of course, that's what I thought about the Rams before the season. Difference is... guys like Carroll and Shurmur are known quantities. Just couldn't know what McVay would be able to accomplish... glad he is succeeding!

FaulkSF

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
FaulkSF
Pat "Passes Short" Shurmur. Nobody does well in Cleveland. Expect Arizona to be a little worse off as they rebuild, but with a lot of potential to improve.