Coach O Report

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Zombie Slayer

You are entitled to nothing.
Name
Dave
Absolutely fantastic! Love these reports. I for one am rooting for Pead. No one wants to see a wasted 2nd round pick. If he can be dynamic on special teams and as a 3rd down back and catching the ball out of the backfield, why would you not like that? Running back is a position of strength at this point with Cunningham and Watts.

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
Your opinion of thinness at OG is a little bit perplexing. Does that mean that Donnal and Reynolds (Wichmann hasn't yet even seen the field) have disappointed

It sure looks like the CoachO current OL lay out is what we expected from our past posts discussions. From his report thus far he is seeing Brandon Washington as first back up to Saffold @ OLG. This is BW's 4th NFL Training Camp. That could explain his current status. BW's back up is UDFA rookie David Wang.

Jamon Browns back up is Garrett Reynolds/Andrew Donnal both working both the ORT/ORG back up. The 4th reserve ORG is Travis Bond. If ones analysis was both Donnal & Donnal are way more ORT than ORG (This is where I am at) then the "thinness at OG" would really come into focus here as pointed out.

If Tim Barnes wins the OC starting post as I believe, then the very versatile Barrett Jones will enter into both OG post fray his entree is big. Even before that we should also see rookie OG Cody Wichmann enter the fray @ both OG posts too. Those two ingredients @ OG's post would certainly remove the early "thinness at OG" concerns or worries.(y)

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
Ahh... That was a great read.

aa74ff7d1bef998255df57c3fbf9289b.jpg

rdlkgliders

"AKA" Hugo Bezdek
Name
Don
Absolutely beautiful. @CoachO has the best reports, no offense to anyone else. Really glad to hear about Ogletree. Really disappointed to hear about Foles.[/QUOTE[/
@RAGRam . ..I wouldn't worry about foles yet. He is a competitor and the type of QB that will look better in games than at practice due to his competitveness like a more NFL ready A. Davis ( no not comparing to A.D ) other than to say they both are gamers. Give Nick time.

Last edited:

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

I don't understand.

Why is ramzfanz posting a coach o report?

Slappy967

Starter
FINALLY the Coach has come back to R.O.D.!!!!!!!

With a little help from his tag team partner at any rate. Great report as always and it sounds like this defense is going to eat people alive. Waiting to hear if Kaepernick and Wilson have asked for trades yet.

Can't wait to hear more details about the O line as camp moves forward and the ascendance of Sean Mannion.

Thanks again Coach

Ram65

Legend
• Ogletree is playing fast, and is all over the field. Laurinaitisshows no signs of any lingering effects of last years ankle issues. Ayers appears to be an upgrade over Dunbar. He does seem to struggle in coverage, but his size and athleticism are very noticeable.

• Hager seems to have pretty good instincts, and should be a big contributor on Special teams.

• The biggest thing that stands out to me about the LB corp, in this defense, Williams is able to bring guys from anywhere and at anytime. Pressure PressurePressure is the game plan thus far. And it’s been VERY EFFECTIVE.

Going to be fun with Ayers the best blitzing LBer. Barron is also a very effective blitzer while McDonald has some solid blitzing ability too. lot's of options and variations to look foward to.

Nice writeup!

Frogbelly

Rookie
Name
Frogbelly
How cool would it be for Mannion to become our Russell Wilson. Trade for or sign as a free agent qb, then draft one and have him become the starter

fearsomefour

Legend
Foles is very good when his first read is there, and he gets the ball out on time. He makes all the throws. Very concerned about him holding on to the ball too long and when he has to go through his progressions, to say he struggles is an understatement. He tends to get happy feet, and more times than not, forces a throw into traffic. He has thrown some BAD Interceptions in quite a few of these situation.
This is who he was for good stretches last year.
Maybe it can be addressed, but, I suspect this is who we are getting this year. Play action will be huge, the running game will be huge in terms of Foles being able to be consistently very good this year.

iced

@RamzFanz , what would you say the offensive play calling has been like? Lot of 2 TE formations, etc. ?

Mackeyser

Supernovas are where gold forms; the only place.
Name
Mack
"The one guy who flash, is Christian Bryant. One of my sleepers to make the team. Might be the best pure Free Safety on the roster. "
Yes, PLEASE!

I second that!

Alan

Legend
Mackeyser not seeing a reason for the hype:
I second that!
Fans and the Rams FO are all high on McCleod but I don't see it. He's a horrible tackler and was in the top whatever for blown tackles and the worst on the team but more importantly, he simply has not shown me that he can play centerfield and that, IMO, is absolutely necessary with the blitz happy Williams as our DC.

Is he improving? Maybe. We'll see this year.

RaminExile

Hall of Fame
Outstanding report once more Coach O. A million times better analysis and more depth than any team reporter with a media outlet I've ever seen. Thanks so much.

Re some of the points made - I'm not overly concerned with what Coach has seen in Foles. Its early, early days yet. If he's hanging on the ball looking like he can't process the D by week 3 of pre-season then I'll get a bit concerned. Also factor in our inexperienced line facing one of the greatest and most aggresive D's in all of football.

I'm rooting for Pead as well. People might be surprised and wonder why - but I think he's got talent and just gives us something else out of the backfield. I hope he makes the team and gets action as a 3rd down back.

LazyWinker

Pro Bowler
Name
Paul
Fans and the Rams FO are all high on McCleod but I don't see it. He's a horrible tackler and was in the top whatever for blown tackles and the worst on the team but more importantly, he simply has not shown me that he can play centerfield and that, IMO, is absolutely necessary with the blitz happy Williams as our DC.

Is he improving? Maybe. We'll see this year.
I like McLeod because he's a hard worker, though not a pro bowler he's a starting caliber safety, and he's willing to contribute on Special Teams. If someone better comes around, great, if not McLeod is going to give you all he's got.