Carson Wentz

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

tahoe

Pro Bowler
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Wentz's measurements - 6'5 1/4" 233 lbs 10" hands 32 3/8" arms and 78" wingspan

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
Wentz is going to fly to the top of this years QB class. I'm telling ya we need to move heaven & earth to lock him up. Yes at #1 folks. Ya heard it hear 1st

Well actually that has been out there for a few weeks about Wentz going #1 overall. I am not buying it though.

jjab360

Legend
You're not going to get any quotes. Nobody going on the record like that. These guys are all out to land an NFL gig and don't want to be attached to any bulletin board stuff. And also, he is/was their teammate. Got to muster up support some how.
Cat wasn't elected captain in 3 years and not getting raves from his teammates.
Says a lot
Except publicly he is. I believe somebody posted some quotes from teammates eariler.

And Pauline's quote "word here...less than effusive", the wording is phrased as a rumor of a rumor. He said, she said. The only people who would put more faith in that than a direct quote have an agenda to push, not saying that's you.

jjab360

Legend
Yeah all this possible number 1 QB talk is killin me. He is my favorite QB prospect but I will be happy as long as they got one of Goff, Wentz, Lynch.
Wentz and Goff are my guys, warming up to Lynch as the guy who we might be most likely to end up with tbh. Snead loves drafting potential and Lynch oozes potential. He's also the guy who scares me the most of the 3, though.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rave reviews thus far about Wentz. I thought this tweet was funny:

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
Wentz and Goff are my guys, warming up to Lynch as the guy who we might be most likely to end up with tbh. Snead loves drafting potential and Lynch oozes potential. He's also the guy who scares me the most of the 3, though.

I have zero concerns with Lynch. I love the fact he honored his word with the team he first made a deal with. Takes care of the ball, moves the chains, extends plays, possesses gargantuan upside...

Having that dude on our roster would make me a very, very happy fan.

jjab360

Legend
I have zero concerns with Lynch. I love the fact he honored his word with the team he first made a deal with. Takes care of the ball, moves the chains, extends plays, possesses gargantuan upside...

Having that dude on our roster would make me a very, very happy fan.
I have a few, but they mostly start with the offense he plays in. Gimmicky spread option O, designed to get wide open players, and very few actual progression reads. Physically he seems to have it all, but lower body mechanics need work and he doesn't really throw a tight spiral. He seems like a smart enough guy so I wouldn't be worried if we had an offensive staff who knew how to develop a QB but that has obviously yet to be seen.

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau
The more I learn about Wentz the more I like him! Of course that means the 49ers will draft him...
IDK, but I can sure see the "Boys" going after him. They will get a good look, seeing as how they are coaching him this week, and like our former QB, Sam Bradford, Romo can't stay healthy.

That has to factor in, at this point in his career.

Side note: From what I've seen, both Hogan, and Prescott have cleaned up their throwing motions quite a bit this year.

ramfan46

Pro Bowler
Get Baltimore on the phone and find out what it takes to get to #6. I think a 2nd and the 6 would get it done. Wentz is the guy I really want to land this year.

PressureD41

Les Snead's Draft Advisor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Eddy

I agree, I have Wentz 1, Gobb 2 then a drop off followed by Lynch who makes me nervous also!!!

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau
Just watched the Wentz interview, after the 1st Senior Bowl practice, and I like him even more. He is a legit face of your franchise guy.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

Wentz? Why would a 6th round/UDFA be your guy?