Bradley Marquez

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

blackbart

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim
I like what I have seen from him so far. He got ripped on a bad call against Britt for the block in the back a couple of weeks ago. He's got the quickness to run those slants and make something happen and made a nice catch on a low throw on the sideline against the bengals. I would not mind seeing him get 4 or 5 targets a game, that could loosen things up for TA and Gurley.

I know they aren't mathematically out but it is time for player evaluation

Athos

Legend
Just read an article the other day about how polished he was as a route runner. Few times I've seen him on the field I can believe it.

But as Welker proves, even being an elite RR means jack when your QB play is dreadful.

Zaphod

Hall of Fame
Except for the part where I wasn't joking. I mean besides Austin, who isn't a true WR, more of an all purpose weapon, none of these guys impress me at all anymore.
It seems to me like they were just comfortable with giving a lot of the routes he may have run to Austin.

If I'm not mistaken, he's still in the same limited role with the Ravens as well.

Ramhusker

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Bo Bowen
Marquez can ball. I think you will see him and Mannion have a pretty good chemistry if they ever get the chance. Make it so!!!!

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau
Pro day results:

Marquez (5-foot-10 1/2, 196 pounds), a wide receiver, ran the 40-yard dash in 4.56 and 4.52 seconds. He had a 38-inch vertical and a 10-3 broad jump. He ran the short shuttle in 4.11 and the 3-cone drill in 7.00 seconds, and he had 17 bench-press reps.

There were no quarterbacks present at Texas Tech's pro day, so three scouts took turns throwing to Marquez in his drills. He looked good catching the ball and running routes despite working outdoors on a turf that was not in good condition.

From Gil Brandt.

My take, he's tough kid, good hands, and plays faster than his timed speed, as shown in his special teams play. His numbers, back up his explosiveness on the field.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
Marquez is very good on teams, and the type of player who you can trust to execute his assignment, but he's limited in terms of his ceiling as a WR.

I'm good with them giving the guy more looks, not like it's gonna matter now that this flawed team has dug too big a hole to climb out of. He does have a future with the team, which is more than I can say about the rest of these clowns not named Austin...

Britt: cap casualty.
Quick: Rams will let him walk.
Bailey: medically he might be done, no idea but not going to assume the team can count on him coming back.
Welker: they might elect to keep him around if he survives the remainder of the sched and isn't looking for too much cashish but likely gone.

This offseason is gonna be all about WR and QB. They'll draft a QB high I am sure, but also should be drafting at least 2 wideouts. Plus we can expect them to go after a FA hard and heavy at wideout as well. After all that Marquez will be right where he should be, at the bottom of the depth chart as a special teams dynamo.

raised_fisT

Hall of Fame
Dude is in on almost EVERY special teams play. I like what I see from him.

It's too bad these WR's don't get more targets each game. I swear any other WR in the league has more actual CATCHES than all of our WRS combined get tTARGETS each game. Piss poor offense.

RamzFanz

Damnit
Chris Givens was our best WR, and we traded him.

You know, I don't know why they traded him except to make space, but that dude is fast.

Best WR is way over the top though. He has never been anything but a straight line speedster. I feel like he and Keenum might have made some magic though.

RamzFanz

Damnit
What's the point of continually playing players who you don't see as long term solutions (Britt & Quick to name two) when you have a chance to give a player with potential an opportunity to to get some experience and for the Rams to get a better idea about what they have now and what they still need. Good idea FRO.

I can't disagree more about Britt. Dude has made some very big and very clutch plays. His problem is he's supposed to be the 2nd or 3rd option and there's no one to throw to him. Dude has kahonas.

RamzFanz

Damnit
Dude is in on almost EVERY special teams play. I like what I see from him.

This. He's shown how good he is on special teams. Amazing really. This is how he earned his WR spot and now he seems to be earning that too.

Mikey Ram

Hall of Fame
Name
Mike
You forgot the blue font. Lol.

He was at the bottom of the depth chart and a free agent at the end of the year. Getting anything for him was a coup.

Givens: Make of it what you will...I like his YPC but other than that I'm not impressed...

Pos Num Player Name Status Quick Stats Team
WR 13 Givens, Chris ACT REC 14 YDS 223 AVG 15.9 TDS 1 BAL

Alan

Legend
RamzFanz still a fan:
I can't disagree more about Britt. Dude has made some very big and very clutch plays. His problem is he's supposed to be the 2nd or 3rd option and there's no one to throw to him. Dude has kahonas.
You could be right about him. As I've said elsewhere, I was a big fan of his before the start of the season but what I've seen this year (very small sample) hasn't been great. Good? Maybe. My problem is he'll be a $4,850,00 CAP hit next year. Has he played that well in your opinion and is he worth that much money to be a #3 or #4 WR?

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
Marquez is very good on teams, and the type of player who you can trust to execute his assignment, but he's limited in terms of his ceiling as a WR.

I'm good with them giving the guy more looks, not like it's gonna matter now that this flawed team has dug too big a hole to climb out of. He does have a future with the team, which is more than I can say about the rest of these clowns not named Austin...

Britt: cap casualty.
Quick: Rams will let him walk.
Bailey: medically he might be done, no idea but not going to assume the team can count on him coming back.
Welker: they might elect to keep him around if he survives the remainder of the sched and isn't looking for too much cashish but likely gone.

This offseason is gonna be all about WR and QB. They'll draft a QB high I am sure, but also should be drafting at least 2 wideouts. Plus we can expect them to go after a FA hard and heavy at wideout as well. After all that Marquez will be right where he should be, at the bottom of the depth chart as a special teams dynamo.

They can't just dump everyone but Marquez. They have to keep Britt IMO. Marquez and a bunch of rookies wont be better than what they already have. Rookie WRs can take time to blossom.

HitStick

Van Jefferson’s #1 fan
They can't just dump everyone but Marquez. They have to keep Britt IMO. Marquez and a bunch of rookies wont be better than what they already have. Rookie WRs can take time to blossom.

Maybe with our behind the times coaches.

AJ Green, Julio Jones, Odell Beckham, Allen Robinson, Allen Hurns, Sammy Watkins, DeAndre Hopkins, Kelvin Benjamin, Keenan Allen, Josh Gordon, Mike Evans, Amari Cooper, Stefon Diggs, and probably more, but I would take any single one of those as rookies over ANY of our WR + Jared Cook.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor

They're gonna sign a FA WR who can contribute immediately. If they do that plus actually draft a couple good WR prospects that can run an effin route this offense will be fine at the position IMO. Britt is a non-factor.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Oh and BTW a good example of the type of WR the Rams need is Tyler Boyd. Smooth route runner that gets consistent separation in spite of non-elite athleticism, and catches with his hands and boy are they sticky. Instant starter, and IMO he's gonna be a star in the NFL.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
They're gonna sign a FA WR who can contribute immediately. If they do that plus actually draft a couple good WR prospects that can run an effin route this offense will be fine at the position IMO. Britt is a non-factor.

I doubt they are strong in the free agent market with so many of their own to sign. Drafting young Wide Receivers is great but as a plan to go into the season lacking any veteran talent is a bad idea. Britt is better than given credit for here. He is the focus of the defenses because he is the single threat as a receiver, yet he still catches passes.

Resign Britt and draft someone. Fisher/Snead have a sketchy record when it comes to recognizing WR talent. Dropping Britt would be similar to what they did with the Oline last season.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
Oh and BTW a good example of the type of WR the Rams need is Tyler Boyd. Smooth route runner that gets consistent separation in spite of non-elite athleticism, and catches with his hands and boy are they sticky. Instant starter, and IMO he's gonna be a star in the NFL.

I like Boyd and have followed him his entire career, since he nearly committed to PSU. He looks like a very good receiver and should prosper in the NFL but not every drafted receiver that should do well does. No guarantees.

Despite agreeing that the Rams really need to improve the WR corps I don't want them going into the draft saying 'We need a first round receiver" bad strategy. Some project Boyd to round 2 but I will believe that when I see it.