Bradford Still My QB

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

mr.stlouis

Legend
Name
Main Hook
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
If it helps you to get over it, JaMarcus Russell may have the strongest arm coming out of college in the past 2 decades.

Just sayin...

Yeah, not really. I don't want Mallete, either. Sam had plenty of juice. In preseason, he made 25 yards look like 10. He was smoking it.

LosAngelesRams

Hall of Fame
Goodness lol, that's a man that's is 100% ready to move on.

Understandable, man

Yea, sorry if it sounded blunt.

Cant go through another season thinking hes going to "break out" but the only think that breaks is his body and we are up in the air at QB. I dont think we will be able to retain them both which is why i said id run Davis and a draft pick.

Davis has been playing great and I do not think, at all, Bradford should be able to just come back and be the starter for whatever reason.

I supported Bradford, I still do, just not as our starting QB. :(

mr.stlouis

Legend
Name
Main Hook

Cant go through another season thinking hes going to "break out" but the only think that breaks is his body and we are up in the air at QB. I dont think we will be able to retain them both which is why i said id run Davis and a draft pick.

Davis has been playing great and I do not think, at all, Bradford should be able to just come back and be the starter for whatever reason.

Yeah, man, it's still heartbreaking. If we don't retain him than that b-word will prowel every corner of Rams nation. Thing is he'll just light it up somewhere else and STL will just be deemed as a very misfortunate place for him. That'll will tear me up every Sunday.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I really liked what Davis did vs the Hawks..very smart player......and when it can down to that last drive for a TD, he did what a good starting QB does, he led the team for a TD when they had to have it. He was mobile and made plays. Shawn Hill does well at times, but I would have expected him to throw a pick in the exact same situation, which is why he is a perennial back up. Austin Davis made plays, that I am not sure even Sam would have made....Others have mentioned the INTs/Ducks thrown up..Dude is a rookie trying to win a game(previous losses), and so he went down swinging....
It has been said that Davis is learning every game, on how to play in this league....He doesn't have a cannon of an arm, but then neither did Joe Montana...JaMarcus Russell had a big time cannon!;)
He's not Kurt Warner or Drew Brees yet.....But I am not limiting what he can be, and don't know how anyone at this point, could.

SaneRamsFan

Rookie
Ive supported Sam from the beginning. But facts are facts, and he has missed big chunks of the 3 of the last five seasons(including his last year at ou) and all of this season. That is what they call injury prone player. Fine young man that I have sympathy and respect for.
But its time for the Rams to move on to the next page at the qb position. Unless Davis regresses or is injured I see him starting next year and us drafting a qb high for developement/competion. We have decent weapons and with stability at the qb pposition they will only immprove. As mediocre as clemons was they improved with him at qb after a period of time. I just would be scared to death having to rely on Sam in any capacity at this ppoinnt.

mr.stlouis

Legend
Name
Main Hook
Ive supported Sam from the beginning. But facts are facts, and he has missed big chunks of the 3 of the last five seasons(including his last year at ou) and all of this season. That is what they call injury prone player. Fine young man that I have sympathy and respect for.
But its time for the Rams to move on to the next page at the qb position. Unless Davis regresses or is injured I see him starting next year and us drafting a qb high for developement/competion. We have decent weapons and with stability at the qb pposition they will only immprove. As mediocre as clemons was they improved with him at qb after a period of time. I just would be scared to death having to rely on Sam in any capacity at this ppoinnt.

Great post, I really hope the limitation I put on his arm strength blows up. There are several attributes he has on Sam. I think he has the ability to be excellent against blitzes if he continues in this positive trend. He just has to make them pay, I have a lot of confidence in him. But as a pure pocket passer, Sam would carve up anybody. BUT, Sam was bad about locking onto targets. Davis doesn't lock on to anybody a vast majority of the time. Very, very, impressive in that regard.

Yamahopper

Hall of Fame
Whoever can win the most games. Keep both, cut or trade one, draft a couple more, whatever.
It's all about the win column.

Afro Ram

Pro Bowler
If Sam wasn't commanding thirteen million dollars next year I'd be a lot more inclined to back him. Just think of the moves they could make in free agency if they free up that money. I've been a big Bradford supporter but that's way too much money.

jjab360

Legend
Just went back and looked at some Bradford games, the guy is crazy talented. His teammates let him down almost every other play one way or another though, but it ends up looking like everything is his fault. He was looking really good in preseason, taking a lot of shots downfield, I think he would've finally broken out this year.

I like Austin Davis, too, but he just doesn't have that raw natural talent. He does seem to have a lot more fire, though, and throws a more catchable ball because of the touch he uses. I don't know who the guy is next year, but what I do know is that I don't see anybody coming out of college football right now that I would take over either one of these guys.

Dodgersrf

Name
Scott
I'm on the fence with just about everything regarding our qb situation. In a good way.
I am a Sam mom. Hated seeing him go down.
I am also very happy with Davis so far. He's fun and exciting.

Whatever happens next season happens. I just hope it's the right decision to benefit our Rams for many years.

LosAngelesRams

Hall of Fame
Yeah, man, it's still heartbreaking. If we don't retain him than that b-word will prowel every corner of Rams nation. Thing is he'll just light it up somewhere else and STL will just be deemed as a very misfortunate place for him. That'll will tear me up every Sunday.

It would suck if he went off to another team and blew up but sometimes that just what a change of scenery does to a player unfortunately.

RaminExile

Hall of Fame
'
Just went back and looked at some Bradford games, the guy is crazy talented. His teammates let him down almost every other play one way or another though, but it ends up looking like everything is his fault. He was looking really good in preseason, taking a lot of shots downfield, I think he would've finally broken out this year.

I like Austin Davis, too, but he just doesn't have that raw natural talent. He does seem to have a lot more fire, though, and throws a more catchable ball because of the touch he uses. I don't know who the guy is next year, but what I do know is that I don't see anybody coming out of college football right now that I would take over either one of these guys.

That's the thing that scares me. If we cut loose a guy with that freaking unreal level of talent its going to kill us down the line. He is due a run of good health - I feel he's just been incredibly unlucky (freak injury in the Carolina game - I don't think its to do with injury proneness or anything). As I said in another thread there is no one else available that we could get (and I'm talking draft choices, FA targets, trade targets (except maybe Brady if the Pats want to go with Garropolo) that gives us as good a chance to win as Sam Bradford.

jjab360

Legend
Maybe not here but there are some serious weirdos on other boards who have a hard-on for the guy. Not gonna name names, wouldn't want to give them the attention they crave. Or how about this fella?

http://tyrannyoftradition.com/2014/05/07/danzig-to-sue-everyone-on-earth/
In a stunning declaration of war against the entire human race, Glenn Danzig has filed a lawsuit in Manhattan Federal Court against over seven billion human beings. Danzig, who is acting as his own attorney, claimed in one of the over 40 billion documents brought into court by an entire fleet of Federal Express trucks that “He has been done wrong by everyone including Misfits bassist Jerry Only, German Chancellor Angela Merkel, actor Eli Wallach, NFL quarterback Sam Bradford, Frank Oz (the voice of Yoda) and everyone else on this godforsaken planet.

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
Great post, I really hope the limitation I put on his arm strength blows up. There are several attributes he has on Sam. I think he has the ability to be excellent against blitzes if he continues in this positive trend. He just has to make them pay, I have a lot of confidence in him. But as a pure pocket passer, Sam would carve up anybody. BUT, Sam was bad about locking onto targets. Davis doesn't lock on to anybody a vast majority of the time. Very, very, impressive in that regard.

Not trying to pick a fight, and I respect you as a poster........but Bradford has never really carved up anyone. He's had a handful of good games but in these discussions his performances turn into a fish story too often.

CodeMonkey

Possibly the OH but cannot self-identify

This is pretty much where I'm at. Especially considering the money aspect going into next season.

Sgt. Ram

the present moment is all you will ever have
I am loyal to the extreme, so if Sam comes back and can stay healthy and play well, I would be ok with it. that said Davis should have chance to compete for job if he finishes the year well. if rams move on from Sam. then they do. nothing I can do about it.