Best fast food restaurant...Chick-Fil-A?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

1maGoh

Hall of Fame
I ate at a Chik-fil-A express. It sucked. It was bland and dry. Mickey Ds has better nuggets because they have better batter dipped coating. I'd take just about any other local fast food joint over That place.

I loved Roy Rogers back in the day. That place ruled. Roast beef sandwiches and fried chicken at the same joint. It was quality food.

Right now I prefer Arby's over them all. Popeye is a close second....but my buddies and I all got sick on Popeyes once. It is hard to forget that, but their chicken doesn't make me feel bloated like KFC does.

The one fast food I consistently love is breakfast sandwiches. McDonald's, or Burger King. Biscuit or Croissants. Love them both. I make even better with bagels and scrapple as the meat.
I feel like I'm about to get a lecture and a lot of WTF faces, but what is scrapple? Apparently my phone knows what it is. It didn't auto correct to something else. WordW.

OregonRamsFan

All Horned Up
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I don’t like and can’t palette most fast food anymore. Especially Taco Bell. Nowadays, I just visit Hooters and drool on the table.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
There's a reddit thread claiming the NFL might try to force the Chargers back to SD.

I feel like I'm about to get a lecture and a lot of WTF faces, but what is scrapple? Apparently my phone knows what it is. It didn't auto correct to something else. WordW.

Scrapple is a remnant from the days that butchering meant, using all of the edible parts of the animal. Many countries still practice this with Menudo (intestine soup), tripe (stomach) , blood sausage, etc,... Here in PA, scrapple can be found in restaurants and most butcher shops. Basically, after but hearing a pig, the useable meat scraps are cooked and ground up finely, then mixed with corn meal and seasoning and pressed into a pan/loaf shape. It is edible in this form but most people slice it fry it. I am one of the few that bake it. I slice it thin, so it gets crispy. Most like it thicker and crunchy on the outside soft on the inside. Some put syrup on it.

The thing with scrapple is it varies greatly. Most pre packaged scrapple has way too much corn meal and the meat quality isn't great. It's not good. Many butchers screw it up too. They get crazy with the spices, which never is good. But well made scrapple, using real meat that has little fat can be very good. In one of my cross country trips, I was surprised to find some great scrapple in a diner in Durango CO. It's mostly a Northeastern thing.

HeiseNBerg

Pro Bowler
IDK what Bells you go to, but the ones in Tulsa and Houston are very nice.

Taco Bell's quality and cleanliness varies dramatically from location to location. They've got a serious quality control problem. There's ONE good location in my area, one marginally acceptable store, and about 5 other stores that need to be classified as "avoid at all costs".

As far as Sandwiches. Do they have Capriottis in AZ? If you every see one, go. Incredible sandwiches. They actually cook their own turkeys in the store.

I've seen a Capriotti's in Tempe (the main drag near ASU's campus) and one in Old Town Scottsdale. Their Turkey Bobby sandwich is pretty good, but I prefer the Capastrami!

HeiseNBerg

Pro Bowler
As for the original post's map or the whole idea of "Best Fast Food Restaurant":

I can't put it down to just one place -- it all depends on what I'm in the mood for. Sometimes I get an itch that only a Big Mac can scratch. Sometimes I want a Baconator, or a Double Whopper, or an Arby's Beef & Cheddar.

Not a fan of Chick Fil-A, because my stomach feels queasy afterwards. KFC has that effect on me, as well.

norcalramfan

Starter
Rams On Demand Sponsor
KFC stopped making wings? They used to have the grilled wings which were great but the spicy hot wings are pretty good and last I checked they still had
Maybe they reintroduced them. I haven’t been back since about October last year. I was visiting in Atlanta in September and they didn’t have them and when I got back to the Bay Area they didn’t have them here either, at least the franchises I visited.

DCH

Madman with a box.
Name
Dewey
How the hell did Vermont go Wendy's? And how does anyone pick McDonald's?

I love me some Chik-Fil-A... I'm about 5 minutes away from the only one I know of in MA.
I wish we had Culver's up here.
In-n-Out is way overrated based on the one time I went to one. Don't @ me.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
One sentence you will never hear me utter..... "I want me some White Castle."

In n Out is still just your good basic burger. If you are looking for great burgers, it's not really one and their fries have zero flavor. I go to them because I know exactly what I am going to get EVERY TIME, it's going to be good (I order a triple triple - no fries), and everyone working there is going to be clean, courteous, and look me in the eye when they talk to me. Whataburger IMO is a slightly larger In n Out burger. Nothing to complain about any time I've eaten there.

Now I am also one who knows that I'm ordering FAST FOOD. I don't expect greatness as evidenced by my infatuation with the McRib. When it comes out, I absolutely have to order two of them. Then I'm done until the next time they release them.

Personally though, my favorite fast food place is El Polo Loco.

Riverumbbq

Angry Progressive
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
River
Can't help but Love a big sloppy burger on occasion, and load them up with everything, including bacon, avocado, cheddar cheese, onion, tomato, sliced dill pickle chips, lettuce and often enough with jalapeños when I can make it all fit. Since I generally prefer to make my own, I use 1/2 lb. of ground chuck (80-85%) per burger and grill over a flame, use large onion rolls as a bun and Bob's 'Famous' 1000 Island dressing as 'my' secret sauce. They almost look like @CGI_Ram's avatar when done. I'll pretty much wash everything down with Stella Artois.
If there is one thing I hate, it's soggy french fries, most businesses are OK, but those that do this get them sent back for extra time in the fryer. Since I usually know in advance which 'outlets' do this, i'll now ask for them well done when placing the order.

I make my own pizza, I can't/won't recommend any of the big named 'fast food' delivery pizza companies as they are often either terrible or just terribly inconsistent.

I'd love to name off some excellent fast food tacos/Mexican food joints, but they all suck at it. Taco Bell & Jack in the Box are among the worst offenders. One great thing about So. Cal. & Arizona is there are thousands of independent Mexican restaurants and food trucks which do it very well. The best fish tacos i've ever had were along the wharf in San Diego, so i'm still hunting for a near match in L.A. & Lake Havasu.

For 'fast food' burgers it's :

1) In 'n Out
2) Jack in the Box
3) Fatburger
4) Original Tommy's Burgers

'Fast food' Chicken :
1) El Pollo Loco
2) Popeyes

Chicken Wings :
1) Wingstreet

'Fast food' Fish n Chips :
1) H. Salt Fish n Chips

French Fries :

1) Jack In The Box 'Potato Wedges'
2) In 'n Out (tell them well done as some In n Out's they seem a bit soggy)
3) Tommy's seasoned french fries
* I'm not much of a ketchup user, so my preferred FF dip is either BBQ sauce, tartar sauce or a vinegar sauce like when used with fish n chips.

Onion Rings :
1) Jack in the Box

Ice Cream Wars :

Can't decide on Stone Cold Creamery or Baskin Robbins, ... kind of a win-win. Still, i'm looking at some electric ice cream/sorbet makers as there is nothing like home-made, and I prefer to use stevia as a sweetener rather than sugar these days.

jmo.

Rabid Ram

Legend
Name
Dustin
In and out Burger is appropriately named as as soon as it goes in its ready to come out lol. Culvers is hands down the best

Rmfnlt

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
"I want me some White Castle."

WHAT???

You don't like "murder burgers"... "belly bombs"???
:LOL:

I'll tell you one thing... when you've been out drinking way too much, those things are delicious!
:ROFLMAO:

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
WHAT???

You don't like "murder burgers"... "belly bombs"???
:LOL:

I'll tell you one thing... when you've been out drinking way too much, those things are delicious!
:ROFLMAO:
Yeah. No they’re not. I can tell that all your taste is in the football team you cheer for.

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
Scrapple is a remnant from the days that butchering meant, using all of the edible parts of the animal. Many countries still practice this with Menudo (intestine soup), tripe (stomach) , blood sausage, etc,... Here in PA, scrapple can be found in restaurants and most butcher shops. Basically, after but hearing a pig, the useable meat scraps are cooked and ground up finely, then mixed with corn meal and seasoning and pressed into a pan/loaf shape. It is edible in this form but most people slice it fry it. I am one of the few that bake it. I slice it thin, so it gets crispy. Most like it thicker and crunchy on the outside soft on the inside. Some put syrup on it.

The thing with scrapple is it varies greatly. Most pre packaged scrapple has way too much corn meal and the meat quality isn't great. It's not good. Many butchers screw it up too. They get crazy with the spices, which never is good. But well made scrapple, using real meat that has little fat can be very good. In one of my cross country trips, I was surprised to find some great scrapple in a diner in Durango CO. It's mostly a Northeastern thing.

I first ran across scrapple at a small chain restaurant that isn't around anymore called Dutch Pantry.

It's wasn't bad but I've never seen it since at any restaurant.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
I first ran across scrapple at a small chain restaurant that isn't around anymore called Dutch Pantry.

It's wasn't bad but I've never seen it since at any restaurant.
Just look on the kitchen floor of any other restaurant.

Juice

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I haven't eaten at a fast food place in over twenty years. They aren't really vegetarian friendly. However, my wife swears by Arby's. She doesn't eat it a lot, but I get that call every once and a while.

Dieter the Brock

Fourth responder
I just got done with the Austin to LA roadie in my 2007 chevy 2500
Every town along interstate 10 to 8 was fast food bullshit
McDonalds and Subway dominated
the occasional In n Out was always packed beyond belief - and whatever charm that chain has is lost when you're filling up $40 of diesel in Yuma Az, there is no way it's as good as you imagined it was when you were stoned out of your mind and 23 years old

I have to say breakfast/lunch at Cracker Barrel and the late night Chic Fil A saved my life

I am 4 lbs heavier but at least i'm not dead