Back to Davis?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Robocop

Pro Bowler
Name
J.
why the hell go back to a QB that throws the ball like a grenade? think Davis is making those throws to Britt? nope

Dodgersrf

Name
Scott
Hill was not on yesterday
He wasn't even within 5 yds on some of his throws. The big plays he did make were called back due to penalties.

Rivers on the other hand did exactly what he needed to do. He got the ball out in less than 2 seconds on possibly every passing play.

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
hEHEEHHEHEHEHEHEH.......Naw, not Davis, but I'd kick the tires on Keenum or Gilbert......Davis had his shot. Hill...man, same guy from Detroit.

Thordaddy

Binding you with ancient logic
Name
Rich
hEHEEHHEHEHEHEHEH.......Naw, not Davis, but I'd kick the tires on Keenum or Gilbert......Davis had his shot. Hill...man, same guy from Detroit.
Ya mean he keeps both teams in the game ? Or hot one week cold the next?

blue4

Hall of Fame
Name
blue4
Thanks Dave and for the rest of Ram fans that is why nobody can don number 7!
f115b1a2cd62bc236d8d1a154c84f909c45687e4.jpg

Also the only Rams player to wear his jock on the outside of his pants.

Sum1

Hall of Fame
At this point I don't think this has anything to do with the QB for this year. And neither Davis or Hill are long term answers...so I think you go with the guy that helps the offense grow as a unit the best.

My vote is Hill.

Ramathon

No. One real bad mistake at the end cost us that one - not a number of mistakes like Davis was making once he got flustered.

While I agree with your overall point, Hill seemed unusually inaccurate yesterday. There were more than a few overthrown balls.

BUT.....it was just one game.

Ramathon

This is as riveting as the Boller/Null debates. :sleep:

Fisher is in it to win it, and he's going to go with the guy who gives him the best chance to do that. He's not playing for the future. He's playing for the now.

And except in unusual circumstances, isn't that the way it should be? I'd hate to be a player on a team where the coach didn't go with what he thought was the best option to win each and every game. If he basically tossed in the towel to 'develop' a maybe for the future, I'm inclined to think I might be a little less likely to give my all each and every game. I'd like to think I could rise above that, but being perfectly honest, I'm not sure I would.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
That catch on the fade route was suhweeeeeet.
Which one? The one where Hill severely under threw it or the next one where it hung up like a kite and allowed a wide open Sted to practically field it like a punt?

Davis is too short.
1" shorter than Hill and 2" taller than Brees?

One bad throw, and your calling for Davis lol yeah right! Hill gives us the better chance to win.
There were ducks a plenty in that game and hill should have had at least three picks with far less pressure than Davis was seeing.

Hill turned the ball over three times, two of them led to 14 points for the Chargers and the other locked up the game for them. He barely completed 50% of his passes for 198 yards and 5.7 per attempt while making bad decisions and throwing bad passes.

He stunk and is the reason the Rams didn't come out on top. I'm all for staying with Hill if thats what Fisher wants but at this point I would prefer to see what Davis could be with more time under center.

Hill was horrible.

Agree with all the bolded part.

At this point, I don't know that switching back is a great idea. But I think you'd have to be blind to see that Hill has been under no where near as much pressure as Davis. Hill does a better job of stepping up in the pocket. That as it appears to me is the ONLY thing he does better. It has resulted in a few receptions that Davis MAY not have made.

Hill did nothing to throw his receivers open yesterday. If anything he threw them almost covered. I remember the announcers relating my feelings on one of them where he was saying it felt like the ball was in the air 13 seconds.

I think many of us remember the bad throws Davis had and don't remember the good throws. The throws where Davis DID throw the receiver open. It is true that Davis was feeling the rush way too quickly as time went on. But seriously? With as bad as our line played against MUCH better pass rushes than what we have seen the past two games? And if you ask me, Hill looked like he was starting to see the rush in this game as well.

Hill had one TD pass in the Denver game where the defender should have batted the ball away and had another wide open Britt that should have been an easy score. In that game he also missed seeing a couple wide open receivers. In the game yesterday, he was just plain awful. Most other offenses would have torn that defense up. San Diego came out to stop the run and did a decent job of it. It was our passing game that sucked big time.

Davis can and has hit on long pass plays lest we all forget. He makes things happen for better or worse. I'm not sure if he could overcome the jitters but if so, I think he gives us a better chance to win and more energy from the position. He is a work in progress whereas Hill is obviously in severe decline. Watching Hill absolutely wind up to throw a flutter ball 35 yards just makes me hang my head.

As Thor said, I'm in favor of what the coaches think but I would rather see Davis in there. I'd also like to see what he can do with even a modicum of time.

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
I agree with almosty all of that post 503. Davis was running for his life too often and I would like to see him in some games where he isn't facing defenses that are all top 5. Maybe it would develop some confidence and help him blossom.......who knows. I doubt if Fisher is going to go back to him but I wish he would.

tahoe

Pro Bowler
As bad as Hill was Davis was much worse the last 3 games he played. Hill might be a has been but Davis is a never was, he just isn't good enough and will be lucky to have the career that Hill has had.

PowayRamFan

Hall of Fame
Hill will start the rest of the year and lead us to an 8-8 record, let's hope our future QB somehow falls into our laps(praying that Bradford can somehow be that guy).

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
Ya mean he keeps both teams in the game ? Or hot one week cold the next?
Both, more keeps both teams in games, so I guess why he's better than Davis....IDK man, that was some terrible QB play for a while out there...Underthrows, wobbly balls, late throws, holding it too long...maybe he was rusty...maybe the Cali air....Maybe he went to TJ on Saturday night...IDK, but Hill didn't get better, he seemed to regress. And the way he played vs Denver, he didn't have a lot of wiggle room. I'd like to see Keenum, who at least had a stretch of 5-7 games with Houston when he played better than BOTH of these guys....Davis played well for 3 games, then just looked overwhelmed...Hill looked the same yesterday...Maybe Keenum can do better. What does the team have to loose? We need someone to come in with Sam & the rookie next year...It's not Hill...Maybe it's Keenum...Maybe it should be Gilbert...Wonder where he's at today?

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Which one? The one where Hill severely under threw it or the next one where it hung up like a kite and allowed a wide open Sted to practically field it like a punt?

The one where Bailey made the great catch. Because I was responding to a post about Bailey and complimenting Bailey. That comment isn't at all about Hill. Don't know why you'd choose to take a compliment of Bailey and twist it to insult the QB. That's not the type of behavior I'd expect from you, Stu.

1" shorter than Hill and 2" taller than Brees?

1.5" shorter and you can see it by the way they handle themselves in the pocket. Hill steps up and has much better vision over the middle of the field.

Brees is a truly rare talent. It's unique for a guy his size to work the pocket the way he does and have the field vision that he does.

NateTheRam

Rookie
Name
Nathan
It was not one throw. I'm calling for Davis because I see more drive in him than I do in Hill. One is playing for his contract and the other is playing for an NFL career.
If Hill makes the throw and scores you woudnt be saying this.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
The one where Bailey made the great catch. Because I was responding to a post about Bailey and complimenting Bailey. That comment isn't at all about Hill. Don't know why you'd choose to take a compliment of Bailey and twist it to insult the QB. That's not the type of behavior I'd expect from you, Stu.

Simple really. The thread is about the two QBs. He made a great play on a terrible pass. I wasn't dissing Sted at all. That was the second time we've seen him do that. Wasn't the first one called back too? Don't recall.

1.5" shorter and you can see it by the way they handle themselves in the pocket. Hill steps up and has much better vision over the middle of the field.

Brees is a truly rare talent. It's unique for a guy his size to work the pocket the way he does and have the field vision that he does.

I agree. My only point is that his height is not an issue. His field awareness and footwork may be. He doesn't have ideal height - of course. But there are things you can learn. Obviously height isn't one of them but saying his height is the issue, IMO doesn't really hold water.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
If Hill makes the throw and scores you woudnt be saying this.
But he didn't. Whereas Sam has made that same throw and you can literally hear it hit the receiver where the defender can't get to it, Hill hit the defender with great touch. It was plain awful and Hill absolutely locked on.

Yamahopper

Hall of Fame
I take it game by game. Or even half by half.
Hills not getting it done then bring in Davis.
QB isn't any different than any other position, either get the job done or next man up.
Its one thing if a QB that has had great success in the league, he gets benefit of the doubt. It's totally dif. when it's between a never was and a never will be.
play the guy who matches up the best for that game.