Back to Davis?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

thirteen28

I like pizza.
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Erik
No.

True, Hill didn't have a great game today. Some of it is on penalties. Some of it is on an OC that decided to go away from the run, having Hill put the ball up significantly more times than we ran it. He's supposed to be a guy that runs a run-first offense, taking selected shots when we can and throwing enough to keep the defense honest ... like we did last week. It doesn't make much sense that we went away from that formula today. It put Hill in a bad position and cost us a win.

I didn't have any problem with Fisher going with Davis when he did, or with the amount of time he kept him in as the starter. It was a situation that we had to let play itself out, and we had to see if Davis could recover from some bad outings. He didn't so that's why he went back to Hill, and now we've got to ride this one out. We might be needing to bring one of these guys back next year as a backup, let's see what Hill can do now.

Pancake

Hall of Fame
Name
Ernie
I think stay with Hill. Flip flopping back and forth is bad for the whole team. I don't think Hill has any upside for the future though.

wmc540

Pro Bowler
I think it is night and day who is the better quarterback (Hill). Unfortunately, that doesn't mean that either is a great option.

theduke

Rookie
Camp Reporter
Look at what Stedman Bailey did today. You don't bring Davis back. He doesn't stand in the pocket and allow routes to develop in the same way that Hill does. I'd rather see our young WRs develop. Hill helps more with that than Davis.

This is a good point. While it's true that Hill is not the future, our wide receivers are. We need them to get more experience for when Sam gets back. (Yes, I believe Sam will be back; not sure of the price, though.)

theduke

Rookie
Camp Reporter
For me,,, this game showed us what we all already know. None of the QBs on this team are quality starting material. I think Hill is a better player than Davis, but we see why he has been nothing more than a backup throughout his career.

We are handicapped at the game's most important position. It's gonna stay that way for the rest of the year.

Unfortunately, this is true. And it's also true that most of us knew this from the very beginning, when Sam got hurt. Sam is the best choice for us going forward. Mariota is not going to translate well to the NFL; Jameis is a headcase, with more red flags than RGIII had when he was coming out. If we must pick a QB next year, I'm hoping for Hundley. He's the best pocket passer in the class.

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
QB rating 156.3
4 for 5
60 yds
1 TD
80% completion 12 yd avg
Can also punt and interview teammates
th

To be honest I don't think it matters, Hill has been less accurate, turned the ball over at a greater rate etc. but we're not doing anything this year regardless, hell I'd put Hekker in for a quarter for all the difference it will make.

blue4

Hall of Fame
Name
blue4
For all the talk about QBs, our insistence on playing stupid football is to blame just as much. Penalties, blown assignments, and head scratching play calls, poor game management by coaches. These are even more to blame than QB play.

tahoe

Pro Bowler
Hell no!!!! They wouldn't have even had a chance to win with Davis in there

A55VA6

Legend
I would question Jeff Fisher if he benched Hill and put Davis in. You can't keep going back and forth. It's Hill's team for the rest of the year unless he gets injured.

Oldgeek

I'm old and can't wait another 20 years for a SB W
Name
Steve
Davis had his chance, now give Hill enough games to prove what he has. When Davis didn't do well after his fast start.

drasconis

Starter
Name
JA
Fish can't flip-flop like that - would lose the team. Hill clearly is not the answer, that said Davis wasn't showing much when he got pulled either. We need to give recievers continuity at this point.

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
Look at what Stedman Bailey did today. You don't bring Davis back. He doesn't stand in the pocket and allow routes to develop in the same way that Hill does. I'd rather see our young WRs develop. Hill helps more with that than Davis.
Even if we don't make it to the play-offs this year, we could still end up with a winning record over-all and in our Division, Hill gives us the Best chance for that!!(y)

Thordaddy

Binding you with ancient logic
Name
Rich
I say no , but not because I think in a vacuum it's the right thing to do,in fact I don't really know how Hill played,didn't see the game , but I do know we would easily have tied the game and possibly won it had we gone for the FG and played for the tie , so I can't blame Hill for the loss given that.
Hell we don't know we wouldn't have scored had we run the ball do we?

There is a big part of me that wants to see Davis get the experience of playing against the softer part of the schedule coming up and to regain some confidence which we can avail ourselves of and I think as some have said this debate illustrates that we don't have a QB really capable of bringing this team to the promised land ,and the chances of either ever being that much better aren't in Hill, but going back and forth has been done enough, IMO Fisher has to stick with this decision and let it play out more .

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
No. One real bad mistake at the end cost us that one - not a number of mistakes like Davis was making once he got flustered.

Hill turned the ball over three times, two of them led to 14 points for the Chargers and the other locked up the game for them. He barely completed 50% of his passes for 198 yards and 5.7 per attempt while making bad decisions and throwing bad passes.

He stunk and is the reason the Rams didn't come out on top. I'm all for staying with Hill if thats what Fisher wants but at this point I would prefer to see what Davis could be with more time under center.

Hill was horrible.

Hill turned the ball over three times, two of them led to 14 points for the Chargers and the other locked up the game for them. He barely completed 50% of his passes for 198 yards and 5.7 per attempt while making bad decisions and throwing bad passes.

He stunk and is the reason the Rams didn't come out on top. I'm all for staying with Hill if thats what Fisher wants but at this point I would prefer to see what Davis could be with more time under center.

Hill was horrible.

I believe it was only 10 points, although he did try his best to create a 4th turnover on a simple RB pitch.

Faceplant

Still celebrating Superbowl LVI
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2023 ROD Pick'em Champion
Yeah, for anyone to say that Hill had one bad throw in this game.....they clearly did NOT watch that game. It was an awful performance by Hill and one I was surprised to see out of him. At this point I think you stay with him and try to get the young players more opportunities. Another wasted season...