Assessing the trade market for RG III

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Rambitious1

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tom
I'd give up a 2nd.

giphy.gif

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
I'd definitely give up a third if that was all it took. RG3 still has a ton of talent with his arm and legs, he's a good member in the community, and to compare him to Vick is just insulting; Vick never had the accuracy that RG3 has. And if there's anyone who can coach him up, it has to be Fisher.

The only problem I see are the injuries, but the upside to this is worth it. And I'd love to read Redskins forums after RG3 becomes a franchise quarterback for our team.

Mackeyser

Supernovas are where gold forms; the only place.
Name
Mack
Nothing. He doesn't take responsibility. Ask most starters and even if the receiver went the wrong way, the QB will take the hit with the press and speak to how he needs to "make better throws".

Not RG3. He finds a way to throw his own players under the bus so as not to have to take any blame.

Sorry, but you can't lead if you can't shoulder any burden beyond your own.

My final offer is this: nothing. Not even the fee for the contract transfer, which I would appreciate if you, Snyder, would put up personally.
Al_Pacino_as_Michael_Corleone_in_The_Godfather-A.jpg

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

No doubt he has issues but I look at how much Bradford's mechanics, pocket presence, and pocket movement improved since Cignetti and Schotty took over and I think it's worth the risk. Yes, both him and Bradford are injury risks...but Mariota or whatever QB we drafted could turn out that way too.

We aren't going to get as talented of a QB in the 2nd. There's no doubting RGIII's arm strength, athleticism, and his accuracy when he's mechanically sound. The guy just has a lot of things to clean up. But I think it's worth the risk. I also think he'd be really dangerous in our offense.

Rambitious1

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tom
No doubt he has issues but I look at how much Bradford's mechanics, pocket presence, and pocket movement improved since Cignetti and Schotty took over and I think it's worth the risk. Yes, both him and Bradford are injury risks...but Mariota or whatever QB we drafted could turn out that way too.

We aren't going to get as talented of a QB in the 2nd. There's no doubting RGIII's arm strength, athleticism, and his accuracy when he's mechanically sound. The guy just has a lot of things to clean up. But I think it's worth the risk. I also think he'd be really dangerous in our offense.

You have some points.

Dear Lord I hope we don't draft Marriotta.
That might test my patients as a Rams fan.

Thordaddy

Binding you with ancient logic
Name
Rich
Nothing. He doesn't take responsibility. Ask most starters and even if the receiver went the wrong way, the QB will take the hit with the press and speak to how he needs to "make better throws".

Not RG3. He finds a way to throw his own players under the bus so as not to have to take any blame.

Sorry, but you can't lead if you can't shoulder any burden beyond your own.

My final offer is this: nothing. Not even the fee for the contract transfer, which I would appreciate if you, Snyder, would put up personally.
Al_Pacino_as_Michael_Corleone_in_The_Godfather-A.jpg

Yeah Mac I think there are several of the guys team mates who feel that same way and the reason Cousins has any success is not accruing so much to his talent as it is the rest of the team will play their hearts out for him,and beyond RG they have some talent.
But back to the trade subject and IF Cousins keeps playing at this level , ardunno I think he'll come back to earth and Washington will be faced with two undesirable alternatives.

Mackeyser

Supernovas are where gold forms; the only place.
Name
Mack
Well, I dunno. I really liked Cousins coming out... So, I wouldn't short Cousins just yet. I always thought that if there were a straight up QB competition that Cousins might have won it.

That said, I think RG3 has tremendous talents and not just with his legs. That said, he's got to get his head and heart right. He HAD them right, seemingly, coming out of Baylor where those guys seemed to want to run through a wall for him. So, I dunno what happened. I know that RG3 certainly "manned up" when it came to playing because he certainly should NOT have come back so quickly and played on that bad leg. Watching him just made me sick. And to this day, I still think that if someone from the NFL didn't have crap all to say about the state of the FedEx field, then something was wrong because guys got injured that game. Not just RG3, either.

I think, ultimately, he'll need a change of scenery. And that's too bad for Washington fans because they gave a boatload of picks for a guy they thought would be their Franchise QB and the Rams may have been able to establish a solid foundation from that bounty. Whereas Washington... they are missing those picks right now and... well, they're using Cousins whom they got in the 3rd round and could have been grooming all along...

Thordaddy

Binding you with ancient logic
Name
Rich
Well we won't have long to wait and see ,it's Philly v Redskins this week

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
In 'Wall Street' they might 'Pull this Stock' from the trading floor, because the bottom has fallen out of it! The Stock is Now "Worthless!"

HometownBoy

Hall of Fame
Name
Aaron
I definitely wouldn't give up a third or a second, and I doubt any team would unless they're a team desperate. Mallet only garnered a 7th rounder, and there's no question on if he could stay healthy or not to do what was necessary of him. Wasting high picks on injury prone, high risk players is the type of shit the Al Davis Raiders do.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I definitely wouldn't give up a third or a second, and I doubt any team would unless they're a team desperate. Mallet only garnered a 7th rounder, and there's no question on if he could stay healthy or not to do what was necessary of him. Wasting high picks on injury prone, high risk players is the type of crap the Al Davis Raiders do.

Mallett also has shown nothing but poor play in the NFL and wasn't a #2 overall pick. Kevin Kolb got a 2nd and DRC. Alex Smith got two 2nds. RGIII will get a 2nd at minimum. Too many teams desperate for a QB.

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
Well, I dunno. I really liked Cousins coming out... So, I wouldn't short Cousins just yet. I always thought that if there were a straight up QB competition that Cousins might have won it....

During the pre season there were some people claiming Cousins looked better............so there is an undercurrent present and if he plays well for the next couple of weeks it could get ugly in WASH.

LazyWinker

Pro Bowler
Name
Paul
I don't think he's worth more than a 5th. I say a 5th because, he's not going to be of much use this year. He's more so an investment for 2015.

209RamsFan

I'd give them a used Q-tip, A big Gulp-a Pak of slim jims and burger from 7-11