Anybody going to Eagles vs Rams game ?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Rynie

Cowboys rudeboy.
Name
Rynie
Unless you have enough money to fly back for a court date, I wouldn't go. As a Cowboys fan, I've heard countless stories about Philly. Yes. It's really THAT bad.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I live in Jersey and will not be going. Made that mistake before. Eagle fans are worse than you could ever imagine, I was truly scared. I'm going to Wash in December.
Agreed. Im in Jersey too, and stopped going to Rams games there. Just not worth it.

joeyknish

UDFA
I am going is anyone else in the philly area going or St Louis away game trips

Really, really, want to, but can't.
he aint kidding either Mitch...be careful

There's a big difference between the Linc and the Vet. If the Eagles were still playing in the Vet, then I would agreed, proceed with all caution. But, the Linc is much more congenial to opposing fans.

joeyknish

UDFA
I was gonna go see a Ravens game when I lived in the outskirts of Philly. My boy said unless I'm in a Eagles jersey, I best not go. There's a reason they have a holding cell in their stadium.

That was a staple of the Vet, not the Linc. Vet's been gone for better than 10 years now.

joeyknish

UDFA
Unless you have enough money to fly back for a court date, I wouldn't go. As a Cowboys fan, I've heard countless stories about Philly. Yes. It's really THAT bad.
Make sure you don't dress up as Santa Claus...

That was in the sixties, and by all accounts, that Santa Claus was drunk off his ass. Completely intelligent response to throw snow balls at him. Now, the batteries at J.D. Drew, completely uncalled for and dangerous.

joeyknish

UDFA
I haven't been there since the Vermeil/Martz era and wore my Rams gear and just got some comments but nothing threating. This time I am going with the wife her 1st time and will choose to maybe just wear mt rams hat. Don't need to get her picked on. I am not an opposing figure.

You should be fine, man! It's a beautiful complex. I would tailgate in the parking lot early, and then head over at 12.

joeyknish

UDFA
Dangerous city is one thing, dangerous stadium is another. Mob mentality is a bitch and they have it bad. I'm sure it's just a few bad apples but they can get the stuff goin whether they're winning or losing.
I'm 6'1"/230 and in pretty good shape outside of this damn keg I carry with me:( That just makes em come at you in a pack even more. I was with the wife and ill never make that mistake again. It was back a few years, but damn if i

I don't know what happened. But seriously, I am sorry, if anything did. I have been to many sporting events at the new complex and have seen numerous people wearing other peoples' jerseys and nothing has ever happened to them.

RamzFanz

Damnit
2011:

Philadelphia sports fans always claim they get a bad rap. Sure, they can be boorish. But so are fans in New York and Boston!

Eagles fans got so upset Sunday about their unfair stereotype that they had to take it out on something, like the car of a Packers fan.

A Wisconsin native that now works in Pennsylvania as a college professor attended the Eagles-Packers game with his father. His Toyota Camry was “stomped on, kicked and beaten.” Mirrors were broken, wipers torn out, and dents made on the hood, trunk, and roof.

“When I left Green Bay everyone said to be careful — the Philadelphia fans have a reputation,” Peter Coenen (the father) told the Morning Call of Lehigh Valley. “My son had a Green Bay Packers shirt on. As we drove in, they gave us the finger.

2014:

The fan told the Philadelphia Inquirer that because he was wearing a Barry Sanders jersey, Eagles fans pelted him with snowballs throughout the game, and that as he left after the game, a group of six men surrounded him and screamed at him.

“I was like, ‘Are you guys serious? You won, enjoy it,'” the man said.

Instead, he says, the group of Eagles fans attacked him, punched him, choked him and knocked him unconscious.

2010:

2014:

Yes, the fans are loud. Yes, they can be nasty. Yes, it is unwise to wear another team's jersey -- particularly the Cowboys' -- to Eagles home games. Yes, there is what Smolenski called a "police reception center" in the bowels of the stadium that gets used with regularity. Fifteen fans were arrested at the last home game in Week 16 against Chicago; 68 were ejected.

joeyknish

UDFA
2011:

Philadelphia sports fans always claim they get a bad rap. Sure, they can be boorish. But so are fans in New York and Boston!

Eagles fans got so upset Sunday about their unfair stereotype that they had to take it out on something, like the car of a Packers fan.

A Wisconsin native that now works in Pennsylvania as a college professor attended the Eagles-Packers game with his father. His Toyota Camry was “stomped on, kicked and beaten.” Mirrors were broken, wipers torn out, and dents made on the hood, trunk, and roof.

“When I left Green Bay everyone said to be careful — the Philadelphia fans have a reputation,” Peter Coenen (the father) told the Morning Call of Lehigh Valley. “My son had a Green Bay Packers shirt on. As we drove in, they gave us the finger.

2014:

The fan told the Philadelphia Inquirer that because he was wearing a Barry Sanders jersey, Eagles fans pelted him with snowballs throughout the game, and that as he left after the game, a group of six men surrounded him and screamed at him.

“I was like, ‘Are you guys serious? You won, enjoy it,'” the man said.

Instead, he says, the group of Eagles fans attacked him, punched him, choked him and knocked him unconscious.

2010:

2014:

Yes, the fans are loud. Yes, they can be nasty. Yes, it is unwise to wear another team's jersey -- particularly the Cowboys' -- to Eagles home games. Yes, there is what Smolenski called a "police reception center" in the bowels of the stadium that gets used with regularity. Fifteen fans were arrested at the last home game in Week 16 against Chicago; 68 were ejected.

I don't know where that reporter was getting his information. There hasn't been a jail in the stadium in more than ten years.

Hey Man

Starter
Name
Hey Man
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
You should be fine, man! It's a beautiful complex. I would tailgate in the parking lot early, and then head over at 12.
I was there last year for the Arizona game, nice place. I haven't seen a Rams game in Philly since the Vermiel/ Martz era. I heard the stadium has security wearing visiting jerseys to help weed out the rif raf.

Hey Man

Starter
Name
Hey Man
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
That was a staple of the Vet, not the Linc. Vet's been gone for better than 10 years now.
I am going with the wife and she was never at a Eagles game and she said that she isn't going if I wear Rams gear. I know the Linc is better than the Vet but just don,t want to take the chance when the wife is with. Don't want to get picked on when she is with, than she will to me to go kick there ass. That ain't going to happen. Its bad enough she is on my case that I am not a Eagles fan. It will be fun, I am so freeken fired up !

the zohan

Rookie
Name
Macker
IMG_52588013917529.jpeg

Rynie

Cowboys rudeboy.
Name
Rynie
I am going with the wife and she was never at a Eagles game and she said that she isn't going if I wear Rams gear. I know the Linc is better than the Vet but just don,t want to take the chance when the wife is with. Don't want to get picked on when she is with, than she will to me to go kick there ass. That ain't going to happen. Its bad enough she is on my case that I am not a Eagles fan. It will be fun, I am so freeken fired up !
Expect her to be called a bitch, slut, and a whore the entire game. They won't even hesitate to throw stuff. At a Phillies game 2 years ago..A guy PURPOSELY threw up on a little girl.

http://m.espn.go.com/mlb/story?storyId=5098407&src=desktop

*edit. Sorry on my phone in traffic.

Last edited:

Ky Ram

Pro Bowler
I don't know what happened. But seriously, I am sorry, if anything did. I have been to many sporting events at the new complex and have seen numerous people wearing other peoples' jerseys and nothing has ever happened to them.
Sorry all, missed the replies.

Nothin drastic just trash talk that's over the line IMO. I never heckle a female, or a guy with a female and we just endured bs the whole game that probably wouldn't have happened if I was with another guy instead of my wife. She doesn't scare easy but she couldn't pay attention to the game, we just ended up leaving shortly after the half.

RamsSince1969

Ram It, Do You Know How To Ram It, Ram It
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I think they have an on sight jail.
I think you're right and an on site judge!!!!
I must say, the Philly airport is also something to behold! YOU MUST FORM ONE LINE OR YOU WILL NOT BE ALLOWED TO GO FORWARD! WELCOME TO PHILLY screamed the security screener.

LetsGoRams

Pro Bowler
Name
Thrasher
Be careful my Rams brothers and sisters - be safe and bring home a victory!

RamsOfCastamere

I drink things, and know nothing
I know this is late as hell, but my boy finally sent me this sick picture from the game.

16779_10202859478390986_6315475651618071003_n.jpg