Anybody else 'vape'?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

ChrisW

Stating the obvious
They are decent but far overpriced for what they are. The provari mini i believe takes a 18490 Imr high drain battery which gets me roughly 8 to 10 hours a vape time and I chain vape Alot lol

I have a Stingray X mech mod that I'm still learning to use. I've had electronics training in the past, so measuring the resistance for the coils isn't a problem. I just can't get the damn thing to fire evenly.

@-X- . Read up on the differences between PG and VG, if you are going to do it long term. Different mixes give you different throat hits, and more or less vapor. Also, the best starter kit I can think of is the E-go.

Rabid Ram

Legend
Name
Dustin
Mech mods can be a pain in the back side. That is why I prefer the provari it is literally set it and go it's regulated board gives you the perfect hit from Begining to end.

By not firing evenly do you mean quality of vape is diff each time you fire the mod or its not firing each time you hit it

VegasRam

Give your dog a hug.
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Doug
Should I do it.

(Shit! - never mind).
How does one insert a photo from your iPad library into a ROD post on the iPad?
Copy paste failed.

brokeu91

The super shrink
Name
Michael
Tried it and it made me an insomniac so Chantix is not for everyone. Vaping now and is better than smoking for sure! Weaning down after 45 years and so far-so good!
Fair enough. I was just letting others know about my experience. It really was like magic.

rhinobean

Hall of Fame
Name
Bob
Fair enough. I was just letting others know about my experience. It really was like magic.
What ever works for the individual! Had high hopes for Chantix as it takes the nicotine out of the picture! Just not for me!

BatteringRambo

Inked Gym Rat Stoner
Name
J.Fo
I dipped/chewed for close to 14 years. Always failed on quitting even after progress (gum, patch, lozenge). It seems I always let something trigger me back from stress or whatever emotion. Random Monday back in early September decided to try again. I needed help so I did the lozenge with a herbal mint pouch for 2 weeks then the gum. I don't know what was different this time but I have been nicotine free for 3 weeks and dip free for almost 3 months. I'm not giving up this time! Hell I don't even think about it anymore and am very thankful. ..a horrible habit that had me locked for too many years.

RamzFanz

Damnit

It is awesome for those who aren't too affected by the side effects. I had very vivid dreams which were cool. I went back after a year though. I'm using e-cigs now. I didn't like the mess and fuss of vapes.

Rabid Ram

Legend
Name
Dustin
Should I do it.

(crap! - never mind).
How does one insert a photo from your iPad library into a ROD post on the iPad?
Copy paste failed.

There should be a button below the post box that says upload file should be able to from there

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les

It's also got a rep for causing violent outbursts in some people. It works great but sometimes the side effects are harsh.

LosAngelesRams

Hall of Fame
Here are the dope herb vapes I've used.

Volcano (king of all vapes)
Vaporcone ( decent cheap vape pen)
Arizer EQ (someone actually on here recommended it and i bought one, its a poor mans volcano, works great though and its like 500 dollars cheaper.)
Grav labs helix pen (more expensive pen)
Grav labs boro pen(more expensive)
Dabbler pen (more expensive)

Whip vapes pretty much suck now, its all about the bags & pens.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
Never tried one but i hear they are great.
It just works like you would expect it to. And for me that is a big plus. It is easy to use(with a good grinder), charge, and clean. I don't mind paying more if it just works like I expect. This one does.

One caveat - I've had it for less than a month. But I hated my Launch Box (highly rated for some reason - users too high?:cool:) from day one. It works - just not very well IMO.

LosAngelesRams

Hall of Fame
It just works like you would expect it to. And for me that is a big plus. It is easy to use(with a good grinder), charge, and clean. I don't mind paying more if it just works like I expect. This one does.

One caveat - I've had it for less than a month. But I hated my Launch Box (highly rated for some reason - users too high?:cool:) from day one. It works - just not very well IMO.

Yea, I belive it. I hear really good things about them. The Launch box never appealed to me much, just the design and all the reviews I've read are too mixed.

Thordaddy

Binding you with ancient logic
Name
Rich
Kicked the "habit" cold turkey 20 years ago, had kicked cold turkey for 7 years once and went back . I get why people vape , it's really as much the behavior they are addicted to as the Nic.

I mostly stay off cigs. by being a reformed whore ,I'll save ya'll the lecture :whistle:

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
http://www.theguardian.com/technology/2014/nov/21/e-cigarettes-malware-computers

Now e-cigarettes can give you malware
Better for your lungs, worse for your hard drives, e-cigarettes can potentially infect a computer if plugged in to charge

9de877a9-2e8c-4085-bbbb-d80bd2f85034-620x372.jpeg

E-cigarette can either be charged from the wall or by plugging the cigarette itself into a USB port. Photograph: Ian West/PA
Alex Hern

E-cigarettes may be better for your health than normal ones, but spare a thought for your poor computer – electronic cigarettes have become the latest vector for malicious software, according to online reports.

Many e-cigarettes can be charged over USB, either with a special cable, or by plugging the cigarette itself directly into a USB port. That might be a USB port plugged into a wall socket or the port on a computer – but, if so, that means that a cheap e-cigarette from an untrustworthy supplier gains physical access to a device.

A report on social news site Reddit suggests that at least one “vaper” has suffered the downside of trusting their cigarette manufacturer. “One particular executive had a malware infection on his computer from which the source could not be determined,” the user writes. “After all traditional means of infection were covered, IT started looking into other possibilities.

“The made in China e-cigarette had malware hardcoded into the charger, and when plugged into a computer’s USB port the malware phoned home and infected the system.”

Rik Ferguson, a security consultant for Trend Micro, says the story is entirely plausible. “Production line malware has been around for a few years, infecting photo frames, MP3 players and more,” he says. In 2008, for instance, a photo frame produced by Samsung shipped with malware on the product’s install disc.

Even more concerning is a recent proof-of-concept attack called “BadUSB”, which involves reprogramming USB devices at the hardware level. “Very widely spread USB controller chips, including those in thumb drives, have no protection from such reprogramming,” says Berlin-based firm SRLabs, which released the code.

Combine the two, says Ferguson, “and a very strong case can be made for enterprises disabling USB ports, or at least using device management to allow only authorised devices.

“For consumers it’s a case of running up-to-date anti-malware for the production line stuff and only using trusted devices to counter the threat.”

Dave Goss, of London’s Vape Emporium, says that vapers can remain safe by buying from respected manufacturers such as Aspire, KangerTech and Innokin, and by checking for “scratch checkers” on the box, which mark out authentic goods from counterfeits.

“Any electrical device that uses a USB charger could be targeted in this way, and just about every one of these electrical devices will come from China,” he adds.

In early November, figures obtained by the Press Association revealed that e-cigarettes and related equipment, such as chargers, were involved in more than 100 fires in less than two years.

VegasRam

Give your dog a hug.
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Doug
Finally bit the bullet and bought a ProVari Mini with an Aspire Nautilus. What a fantastic vape. Should have done that in the beginning, and saved all the money I spent on Joytechs, Vamos, Innokins, and assorted cheapies.

Anyone thinking of getting into it, don't screw around, go ProVari.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Finally bit the bullet and bought a ProVari Mini with an Aspire Nautilus. What a fantastic vape. Should have done that in the beginning, and saved all the money I spent on Joytechs, Vamos, Innokins, and assorted cheapies.

Anyone thinking of getting into it, don't screw around, go ProVari.
Yeah, that's the same thing I did. Worked my way up (expensively, I might add) to what I should have just started with.

Oh well. What's done is done.

VegasRam

Give your dog a hug.
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Doug
Mini or full size, 2.5 or 3?