And Nick Wagoner's response to the PFF thread is ...

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

junkman

Farewell to all!
Name
junkman
Adding on to my previous post, here's the full list with PFF rankings done the right way. It still doesn't include strength of schedule (which is why Broncos are better than Seahawks) or return of Bradford or impact of draft class or free agents, but this looks to be a much more common sense list, at least from where I sit.
  1. Denver Broncos 361.8
  2. Seattle Seahawks 311.6
  3. New Orleans Saints 253.7
  4. Carolina Panthers 243.8
  5. San Francisco 49ers 233.1
  6. Kansas City Chiefs 228.2
  7. Cincinnati Bengals 193.8
  8. Philadelphia Eagles 179.5
  9. New England Patriots 167.6
  10. Detroit Lions 156.8
  11. St. Louis Rams 109.7
  12. Tennessee Titans 107
  13. Miami Dolphins 68.1
  14. Indianapolis Colts 63.7
  15. Minnesota Vikings 60.1
  16. Dallas Cowboys 52.1
  17. Houston Texans 33.2
  18. Buffalo Bills 31.1
  19. Pittsburgh Steelers 27.6
  20. Baltimore Ravens 21.5
  21. Green Bay Packers 6.4
  22. Arizona Cardinals -4.6
  23. San Diego Chargers -19.2
  24. Cleveland Browns -22.6
  25. N.Y. Giants -36.1
  26. N.Y. Jets -55
  27. Atlanta Falcons -72.9
  28. Tampa Bay Buccaneers -82.5
  29. Chicago Bears -88.6
  30. Washington Redskins -100.8
  31. Oakland Raiders -183.1
  32. Jacksonville Jaguars -234.5

RaminExile

Hall of Fame
Its all one mans opinion versus anothers until it all plays out.

For my mind - I believe Lauranaitis an average starter - but he's more important to us than your average "average" starter because of his intelligence etc.

TJ McDonald is an average starter - but he eventually will be considered a "good" starter in the league.

McLeod - cant argue. Probably a poor starter.

Brockers - average starter - will eventually be good.

C Long - good starter.

R Quinn - elite.

Ogletree - average starter - will hopefully be a "good" starter in the future.

Jenkins and Johnson - average or poor based on last year. Will have to wait and see.

wrstdude

Rookie
@kdemoff: If we were grading the softball and home run hitting ability of our team, I think last week's @PFF ranking of our team would be generous

ha

rhinobean

Hall of Fame
Name
Bob
I for one, have always considered PFF's ratings to be very suspect and subjective and with this kind of dribble they lose even more credibility in my eyes.

If this Rams roster is truly 31st they should finish no better than 2-14 in 2014 especially considering the toughness of their upcoming schedule and I do not think that will happen even in the rugged NFC west. If that actually happens then I may give PFF some respect but for now, it is my opinion that PFF's work is just a steaming pile of excrement.

NOTE: My First Post at ROD
Nice first post,Noregar! Welcome!

Zaphod

Hall of Fame
Its all one mans opinion versus anothers until it all plays out.

For my mind - I believe Lauranaitis an average starter - but he's more important to us than your average "average" starter because of his intelligence etc.

TJ McDonald is an average starter - but he eventually will be considered a "good" starter in the league.

McLeod - cant argue. Probably a poor starter.

Brockers - average starter - will eventually be good.

C Long - good starter.

R Quinn - elite.

Ogletree - average starter - will hopefully be a "good" starter in the future.

Jenkins and Johnson - average or poor based on last year. Will have to wait and see.
Interesting. I would put McDonald at below average until he cleans up his tackling.

Brockers, Long and Langford are all good to me. Quinn is high quality, and the reason I say this is he benefits from his teammates. I guarantee if you had a heart to heart with him, he'd say the same. The significance I'm trying to point out is that I think Quinn will be even better this year. Seriously add Carrington and Donald, Sims and Hayes and this may be the best defensive front in the NFL. I see our defensive front as a unit, not just 7 guys made better by Quinn.

And Ogletree being an average starter in his first NFL season? I'll take that! Especially when you consider improved over the course of the season how there is an upward trend. If you were really watching him enough to evaluate him, you would probably project him as above average.

And anyone can see that Jenkins and Johnson are at least average when they're not playing 10 yards off.

I like to consider myself a realist when it comes to my team, and I have certainly been jaded in the past. I still won't predict a winning record for our young team, and my goal for them is just to make .500 in another ridiculously tough schedule. But I just don't see them picking themselves up from the floor every Sunday as the 2nd worst team in the NFL.