AD Surprised Puka With A Badass Gift

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
AD99 shows what Sean Mcvay has with the mentorship.Young players bringing out The Best of the veterans. Keeping them inspired
with positive energy.

Mcvay always talks about Football being The Greatest Team Sport.

Selassie I

H. I. M.
Name
Haole
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Pretty damn cool. You gotta figure receiving something like that, custom ordered by AD, is a real honor for a young player.

Oh... talk about having a PRICELESS value.

I remember a Puka interview from early in training camp last year that had Puka saying something to the effect of he was just honored to be using the same weight room as AD (he mentioned a few other senior Rams too). Then, he told the story about how he had to work extremely hard not to show his excitement and pure joy the 1st time AD called him by his name. Just being recognized by name was a real gift for Puka.

Now he gets surprised with a gift like that from a true Football GOD. If anyone truly appreciates just how special that gift really is... it's Puka.

Plus... there's an AD interview out right now (I believe I posted the article in this thread) that has Donald just pouring tremendous amounts of praise on the kid. Saying things like he's never seen a rookie do the things Puka did. That's gotta add so much extra motivation to our Samoan Warrior WR as he prepares for the upcoming season. We've all seen the videos of Cooper Kupp and Puka training together. It's just beyond what anyone could have expected or hoped for.

When we drafted this kid, I was obviously drawn to him because of his Polynesian Roots. It even caused me to get a real puka shell necklace again. I'd been wanting one anyway, but when we drafted him I took it as a message from up high to make it happen. Then WOW... what an absolute beast he turned into before all of our eyes. It was FUCKING SHOCKING if we're being honest. Nobody could have expected him to come even close to what he accomplished in his rookie season. I haven't been that amazed watching a Ram rookie since ED2105! I was pure joy for me.

AD giving him that gift made me feel so happy for Puka. I really can't even describe just how great it made ME feel for him. It's one of the coolest things I've seen in a very long time!

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
Greatness recognizes greatness. It's why AD gave Puka the necklace, why he became so close to The Conductor and Agent Zero on defense.

I know AD retired, but just imagine what Nacua, Turner, Young, Avila and the rest of the 2023 draft will do next year.

RamBall

Legend
Camp Reporter
Name
Dave
After seeing Puka in TC I thought he would have a good season for a rookie. But I never imagined he would play as well as he did and as consistent as he did. He just seemed like a pro from day 1.