Aaron Donald’s contract situation

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.
Status
Not open for further replies.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Aaron signs mega contract extension!!!
It’s official!!!

Aaron Rodgers that is. What did you think I meant?

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
On hindsight, Knowing everything you know now, you would do it for LT, Reggie White, or Deacon Jones, wouldn’t you?

And yeah, I don’t think the colts are a Mack away but I wouldn’t be surprised if they thought they were.

No, I value franchise QB's and the O-line, especially the LT position, over all other players. I would give up a #1 and a 2nd round pick for Orlando Pace in hindsight of course.

We're in good shape at the QB position and on the O-line. I expect us to lead the NFL in points per game again. #1 offense. #1 special teams. Top 5 defense. It will be a sight to behold.

Btw I'm getting ready to kick off the season next week with our annual "What (fill in the blank) Fans Are Saying" thread. First up the Raiders.

12intheBox

Legend
Name
Wil Fay
No, I value franchise QB's and the O-line, especially the LT position, over all other players. I would give up a #1 and a 2nd round pick for Orlando Pace in hindsight of course.

We're in good shape at the QB position and on the O-line. I expect us to lead the NFL in points per game again. #1 offense. #1 special teams. Top 5 defense. It will be a sight to behold.

Btw I'm getting ready to kick off the season next week with our annual "What (fill in the blank) Fans Are Saying" thread. First up the Raiders.

You would be a shitty GM.

upload_2018-8-30_0-4-0.gif

You wouldn’t give up 2 first round picks to have either Lawrence Taylor or Reggie White in their prime? We aren’t talking about just a hall of famer - these guys were Mt Everest of the NFL players.

Can’t say Mack is that - can’t say he won’t be either. And we certainly aren’t the team to look at him.

Anyhoo - I’m ready for you to open up the season in this forum - it’s gonna be a fun year.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

IMO, that's a mistake. An OL is all about the sum of the parts and coaching. The key to the OL is not having liabilities imo.

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
I wish the Raiders would get on with it and find a way to keep Mack, because i DO NOT want to see him get traded into our division...which i think could be a real possibility.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
On hindsight, Knowing everything you know now, you would do it for LT, Reggie White, or Deacon Jones, wouldn’t you?

And yeah, I don’t think the colts are a Mack away but I wouldn’t be surprised if they thought they were.
Nope. Has this worked before? Trading two firsts for a defender and winning a SB with him?

And I'm also not ready to give Mack RW or DJ status just yet.

tempests

Hall of Fame
Nope. Has this worked before? Trading two firsts for a defender and winning a SB with him?

Closest I could find was the Bills giving up two firsts and a second for Cornelius Bennett, who was a part of their four SB teams.

Tron

Fights for the User
Name
Tron
Just read the Rams created $7mil in cap space for 2018 by restructuring Woods and Whitworths contracts.

It's happening!!!!!!

badnews

Use Your Illusion
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
Omigawd Omigawd Omigawd Omigawd Omigawd Omigawd Omigawd Omigawd Omigawd Omigawd Omigawd Omigawd

FrantikRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Finally.

And this will sign everyone who we're building around for at least this season and next, while also providing us a clear picture on cap space.

I bet that the only way we keep Joyner is if we have cap space to spare and dont mind tagging him again - as crazy as that may sound, the only changes to next year's cap since the $100 million projection we heard will be Cooks, Donald, Hav, and possibly Talib and Peters - that's only about $65ish million - which leaves room even after the draft class - to re-sign everyone else (Saffold, Brown, Joyner), or tag Joyner again and have room for free agents.

Although I think Joyner is gone - I like the flexibility.

Status
Not open for further replies.