Aaron Donald Retires

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Giles

Pro Bowler
Name
Giles
It's been an honor watching AD this past decade. He was simply a monster and easily the single most dominant NFL player I've ever seen. I wish him nothing but the best.

Flatlyner

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2023 ROD Survivor Champion
I'm gutted right now. Now WTF are we going to do about this defense.....

Ram_Rally

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Wonder if he wanted another pay raise and Snead put his foot down.

thirteen28

I like pizza.
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Erik
why did they just restructure if he’s retiring? Doesn’t that mean his contract is off the books?

Good question.

I won’t begrudge AD retiring, he’s earned it, but I really hope this frees up some cap space.

Maybe the Rams knew this was coming (and Jordan hinted at it), and this might explain why the Rams are being deliberate in bringing in more pass rush help.

André

Always far too invested
Rams On Demand Sponsor
This must not have been a surprise to a bunch of people (Jourdan, our front office, maybe Jake?).

But, damn.

Flatlyner

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Good question.

I won’t begrudge AD retiring, he’s earned it, but I really hope this frees up some cap space.

Maybe the Rams knew this was coming (and Jordan hinted at it), and this might explain why the Rams are being deliberate in bringing in more pass rush help.
When are they going to be bringing in this pass rush help? That is the only thing they haven't improved this offseason.

André

Always far too invested
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I have no idea how this affects the cap.

Antonius

Pro Bowler
I’m shaking. He did everything that was asked, and he did it perfectly, with a dedication unlike anything I’ve ever seen in a football player. I can’t even find anymore words.

Spider2YB

Pro Bowler
The good news is McVay and Snead were very likely aware this was coming. I don’t believe they are caught off guard.

VegasRam

Give your dog a hug.
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Doug
Wow. :crying:

Have to see the numbers, but may be a blessing in disguise.

Roster bonus kicked in today - was it official yesterday?

And salary guarantees the 17th - let's see what we save.

Flatlyner

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
why did they just restructure if he’s retiring? Doesn’t that mean his contract is off the books?
Yes, this makes no sense now. They had to have an idea yesterday when they did this. If he retires, doesn't his whole salary come off the books?

I'm still stunned, I would have thought he'd want to go on another SB run this season.

SuperMan28

Hall of Fame
Greatest defensive lineman I've ever watched. He's a first ballot HOF and truly one of a kind. It doesn't get any better than Aaron Donald.

Psycho_X

Legend
When someone retires it's the same as them being cut so it just accelerates. I have no idea how it affects it but I'm assuming the restructure was to help the Rams spread the dead money out easier.

Rams were obviously aware of it because they immediately posted about it with a montage of highlights. So they've been planning for this all along at least. Still sucks though.

Angry Ram

Captain RAmerica Original Rammer
Legend...gonna miss that dude forever. And thankful I got to see him play live twice. Once as a rookie in 2014 and again during the SB season.

Los Angeles Donald GIF by The Undroppables

HitStick

Van Jefferson’s #1 fan
I imagine the front office knew this was coming and that’s why there’s been such a heavy investment in offense