OFFICIAL 2024 NFL Trades, cuts, free agency, and more

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

André

Always far too invested
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Anchrum to the Seahawks (can't get the image to post) ...

payote75

Hall of Fame
Name
Payote75
I think of Young IS Clowney ... just a younger version.

Truly elite talents. Young was the 2nd overall pick, after Joe Burrow. Clowney was 1st overall.

Consider Clowney to be an NFL Mercenary.
I did some quick research; and no team has ever signed Clowney to a multi-year extension ... not even 2 years.

Clowney played 5 years with Houston. the Texans picked-up his 5th year option.
Texans then Franchise tagged Clowney, and traded him to Seattle, where he played one season.
Then Clowney signed a one-year-deal with Cleveland; and another with the Browns the next season.
Finally, he signed a one-year-deal with Baltimore for last season.

Jadeveon Clowney has been playing on one-year contracts for the past six seasons!
For sure this we know though and all we need rt now is one year to buy time hopefully a good draft allows us to not have to try and resign him knowing he is a mercenary is perfect for the actual situation we are in and Calais is a win win not because he is still dominant although he is still effective but experience wisdom leadership these kids that got to benefit from AD would be an additional benefit to soak up some of CCs knowledge

Allen2McVay

Legend
Name
Jim
For sure this we know though and all we need rt now is one year to buy time hopefully a good draft allows us to not have to try and resign him knowing he is a mercenary is perfect for the actual situation we are in and Calais is a win win not because he is still dominant although he is still effective but experience wisdom leadership these kids that got to benefit from AD would be an additional benefit to soak up some of CCs knowledge
I thought the six straight seasons on one-year-contracts was really interesting ... and telling.

Other than Odell Beckham, who they probably would have brought back but for his knee injury, have the Rams (under McVay) brought-in the Mercenary-type? Seems to work against the principles and foundation that McVay has tried to put in-place. Maybe Ndamukong Suh.

Campbell is another story entirely. I agree he would be an interesting addition. Seems like a mentally tough leader; and he has played on a lot of good teams. Questions are ... How much does he have left at 38? and What's the cost?

payote75

Hall of Fame
Name
Payote75
I thought the six straight seasons on one-year-contracts was really interesting ... and telling.

Other than Odell Beckham, who they probably would have brought back but for his knee injury, have the Rams (under McVay) brought-in the Mercenary-type? Seems to work against the principles and foundation that McVay has tried to put in-place. Maybe Ndamukong Suh.

Campbell is another story entirely. I agree he would be an interesting addition. Seems like a mentally tough leader; and he has played on a lot of good teams. Questions are ... How much does he have left at 38? and What's the cost?
I agree good point with McKay my hope would be that some of his evolution allows for some compromise in an emergency break glass type situation. Granted that is my pov so I understand if their they do not feel that way but they know clowneys game on the field and his money mercenary game off it one year of him and who knows he may find a more permanent home but that's another reason why I pair it up with CC because at least he can grab ownership of the lockeroom with hopefully earnest Jones now. Your exactly rt though excellent point about coach's philosophy so that could absolutely be the reason

Ps. Had to edit i don't know who coach McKay is but I don't want him as a coach!!!

payote75

Hall of Fame
Name
Payote75
Saw post on Twitter was to lazy to post but is it true the whiners got penalized for cooking the books????....again!!!

Memphis Ram

Legend
Def seems like they need help at Oline for sure. But they have so many needs, they could pick anything including edge still. Cam Jordan is OLD.
Maybe. But with this signing and Granderson on the other side, I think they might lean towards filling at OT hole.

20hrswk

UDFA

Memphis Ram

Legend
How are they able to just build the trenches like this? They already signed a few big names this off-season, Goff isn't on a rookie contract, so it seems strange to me, though I am not overly familiar with their cap situation.
Goff and Decker are the only big contracts on the roster young roster.

ottoman89

Busch Light slammin, hog farmin, Iowa boy.
Name
Josh Otto
How are they able to just build the trenches like this? They already signed a few big names this off-season, Goff isn't on a rookie contract, so it seems strange to me, though I am not overly familiar with their cap situation.
Smart cap work.