OFFICIAL 2024 NFL Trades, cuts, free agency, and more

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
He was still a damn good CB when he played last year. But then he blew an Achilles, so it is an open question. If he stays healthy, I think he can still be a quality guy.
Yeah he was very good, that's just a lot of lower body injuries to come back from in a short time. Would love to add him for sure.

PARAM

Hall of Fame
I say kick the tires big time. I know he has an injury history but guys with these types of question marks are the only ones available. As long as he signs a low risk, high reward contract, I'll be pumped about this addition. Good vet who may also help our youngsters out too.
Recent injury history. ACL (11/25/21) and achilles (10/1/23). He's missed 29 games the last 3 years. Prior to the ACL he started 72 of 75. He missed 7 games (the finish of 2021), he came back week 12 of 2022, started the last 6 games (actually 7 but one was the Cincinnati/Hamlin game) and 2 postseason games, Started the first 4 of 2023, then tore his achilles missing the last 13.

Last edited:

payote75

Hall of Fame
Name
Payote75
Does our scheme even work though without AD? Now an even worse pass rush...Guys will be running open all over the field without a real pass rush.

I'm all for it though whatever makes us better.

ottoman89

Busch Light slammin, hog farmin, Iowa boy.
Name
Josh Otto
Why?
I could have seen the logic of taking a shot with the "Donald Effect", but now with him gone there's no sense in bringing in a guy who hasnt been coachable, takes plays off and was invisible on a team loaded with talent
Just because I see a lot of untapped potential.. and I think if he gets with a coach like McVay that he can unlock it and go back to 100% effort all the time and be a monster.

HitStick

Van Jefferson’s #1 fan
Does our scheme even work though without AD? Now an even worse pass rush...Guys will be running open all over the field without a real pass rush.

We’ll, signing veteran DBs allows to draft some guys up front that can be difference makers in the first few rounds

El Chapo Jr

Hall of Fame
Recent injury history. ACL (11/25/21) and achilles (10/1/23). He's missed 29 games the last 3 years. Prior to the ACL he started 72 of 75. He missed 7 games (the finish of 2021), he came back week 12 of 2022, started the last 6 games (actually 7 but one was the Cincinnati/Hamlin game) and 2 postseason games, Started the first 4 of 2023, then tore his achilles missing the last 13.
I know he has an extensive injury history, but he has performed regardless. Whether he comes back from these injuries is certainly a debatable concern. However, if he's cheap to sign, doesn't hurt to try. I know there are others like Witherspoon, but his price tag is probably too high, but who knows. I certainly wouldn't mind the signing but acknowledge it comes with risk.

fanotodd

Diehard
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Fanotodd
He has as a chance to start when Havenstein I'd done and jackson has missed with injury. Note has some value to us
He will start as needed—at either tackle or guard spot.
Last year the Rams had a 3 man rotation at Tackle because all three missed time. In one instance, Jackson got hurt and McVay left Noteboom on the bench and played somebody else. That guy was a turnstile.

Keeping Noteboom is an excellent decision.

Ram_Rally

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

Advanced metrics suggest that pass coverage is more effective than pass rush but pass rush is more dependable on a year to year basis. The ravens basically operate this way. So it can work but I don't think the Rams can afford to not add some defensive line talent.

PARAM

Hall of Fame
I know he has an extensive injury history, but he has performed regardless. Whether he comes back from these injuries is certainly a debatable concern. However, if he's cheap to sign, doesn't hurt to try. I know there are others like Witherspoon, but his price tag is probably too high, but who knows. I certainly wouldn't mind the signing but acknowledge it comes with risk.
He's not signed anywhere, so maybe it is too high. I'd think if a guy is gonna get a huge deal, it would be done by now. Maybe Memphis is right and the White meeting is two fold....check him out and to light a fire under Witherspoon? I don't know though. Money is dwindling.

payote75

Hall of Fame
Name
Payote75
Advanced metrics suggest that pass coverage is more effective than pass rush but pass rush is more dependable on a year to year basis. The ravens basically operate this way. So it can work but I don't think the Rams can afford to not add some defensive line talent.

Love that bro appreciate that makes me feel a bit better didn't know that honestly still want the opposing QB crushed but honestly that's good insightful stuff. Ty

Ram_Rally

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Love that bro appreciate that makes me feel a bit better didn't know that honestly still want the opposing QB crushed but honestly that's good insightful stuff. Ty
I hear ya man! I want that fearsome foursome. But I wouldn't mind a legion of boom either haha.

Flatlyner

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2023 ROD Survivor Champion
Another edge off the list. Down to like, what, Clowney?