OFFICIAL 2022 NFL coaching carousel

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

El Chapo Jr

Hall of Fame

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon

blackbart

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim

Rams lose three assistant coaches who take new positions with Denver Broncos​

WTF why would all these guys jump ship?

I’m sure there will be plenty of guys lined up to fill the holes.

IE Rams

Pro Bowler

In a word. promotions. They're not bailing for the same job responsibility; they're going from assistant to coordinator, or from coordinator to HC.

Others, chime in if I'm off on anything.

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon

Appears to me that all three of these ex-assistant Ram coaches all got new titles & promotions.

Stukes was Ram's assistant special team's coach.

Assistant DL coach Dixon landed in Los Angeles last February, & was stationed alongside the primary DL coach Eric Henderson.

Last edited:

blackbart

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim
Appears to me that all three of these ex-assistant Ram coaches all got new titles & promotions.
I would think some are in line for promotions with the Rams but maybe that doesn’t happen. Although I think Phillips got an internal bump.

ottoman89

Busch Light slammin, hog farmin, Iowa boy.
Name
Josh Otto
We get absolutely cleaned out every year. It's fuckin ridiculous

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
To be honest, if they werent blocked from leaving, it doesnt seem that the Rams will find them difficult to replace

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
To be honest, if they werent blocked from leaving, it doesnt seem that the Rams will find them difficult to replace
Or some of them cannot be blocked due to promotion.

And it’s possible McVay is okay with helping O’Connel a little by giving him staff.

It’s not a bad problem to have. It’s be mentioned this in the past with PSU and Franklin. Franklin cannot put his stamp on either side of the ball. He loses an OC/DC and he has to start over and find a new coach with no guarantee as yo redoing the system or maintaining the same level of success.

Having a coach that can control one side and has a good working knowledge of the other side is the best situation.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
But they werent getting promotion to coordinator (other than Evero obviously) or Head Coach, all other titles fall under assistant coach catagory and certainly can be blocked

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

And it’s possible McVay is okay with helping O’Connel a little by giving him staff.

It’s not a bad problem to have. It’s be mentioned this in the past with PSU and Franklin. Franklin cannot put his stamp on either side of the ball. He loses an OC/DC and he has to start over and find a new coach with no guarantee as yo redoing the system or maintaining the same level of success.

Having a coach that can control one side and has a good working knowledge of the other side is the best situation.
Only people you can't block are promotions to coordinators and head coach IIRC?

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
But they werent getting promotion to coordinator (other than Evero obviously) or Head Coach, all other titles fall under assistant coach catagory and certainly can be blocked
Well then if they can’t be blocked, it doesn’t mean McVay is looking at them as expendable.

Allen2McVay

Legend
Name
Jim
Only people you can't block are promotions to coordinators and head coach IIRC?
I agree but was a little confused as to how McVay was able to deny MN’s request to interview assistant DB-coach Jonathan Cooley.

Last edited:

HX76

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
They’ll be a queue to replace the outgoing coaches as they all know that in a couple of years they are going to get poached elsewhere for a promotion and a big pay rise. We’ll see all the best candidates.