OFFICIAL 2022 NFL coaching carousel

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Kupped

Legend
Name
Kupped
Are they? There are no big free agent QBs, you can speculate on Wilson and Rodgers being traded but that’s not certain. And again there is speculation the qb draft is crap to the point there won’t be one drafted in the top 10. QB purgatory indeed, but hey they have a young CB.
And Fields is fun.
But, I’m sorry, suggesting that they made a massive error in building their roster with that pick is a tough one for me to buy right now.

Also.. “good QB” drafts and “bad QB” drafts don’t always work out that way.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
And Fields is fun.
But, I’m sorry, suggesting that they made a massive error in building their roster with that pick is a tough one for me to buy right now.

Also.. “good QB” drafts and “bad QB” drafts don’t always work out that way.
Can you win in the nfl without a qb? Is Teddy going to beat Mahomes or Herbert or even Carr for the division? Can a team win their division or make the playoffs with the 4th best QB in your division? No they can’t, sorry it’s really simple. Get a QB and you can compete, plan on Teddy for a year and youre treading water until you don’t dven have him. I don’t know if Fields is a long term answer, but like McVay and Snead they at least tried to improve the most important position and are praised for it. You seem to be praising the Broncos for not taking the QB position seriously. Good thing the Raiders imploded or the Broncos would be last place in their division. It’s a shame too, they have a talented roster outside of QB.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
I do think Russell Wilson will be traded this offseason. He's gonna cost a ton too. I'd hate to see him end up with the 49ers too btw.

If the 9ers were to get him or Rodgers the pain would be beyond imagining. But I also think the Broncos are going to go all in on the best QB on the market this time around. They have to if they want to have a chance to matter this time of year.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Sorry no more QB talk here from me, I made the thread to talk about coaching changes.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
What could go wrong with QB talk??? :laugh4:

Mackeyser

Supernovas are where gold forms; the only place.
Name
Mack
maybe they have a handshake deal with rodgers to come to denver?

Buddy who’s a massive Denver fan thinks it’s Russell Wilson. Wilson reportedly went to Seattle and said he’d waive his no trade clause for Denver.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
Maybe? I saw a qb last night in the first half that was better than Teddy at his best. And that’s with shit coach and supporting cast. And now what do they do next year? Teddy doesn't appear to be the answer and they’re drafting in the middle of the pack so they’re back in qb purgatory. Sure didn’t help themselves because this upcoming qb class leaves a lot to be desired.

ddit
Theyre roster age is about the same as ours. They’re 20th youngest.
Maybe Fangio figured it’s crunch time for him. His best chance to make the playoffs to him could have seemed like a smothering D with a vet QB is better than an unaddressed weak spot at DB and a raw rookie QB. It’s not inconceivable that they have a worse record with a rookie QB. Fangio likely doesn’t care about next year if he thinks he’s gone without a good showing.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Maybe Fangio figured it’s crunch time for him. His best chance to make the playoffs to him could have seemed like a smothering D with a vet QB is better than an unaddressed weak spot at DB and a raw rookie QB. It’s not inconceivable that they have a worse record with a rookie QB. Fangio likely doesn’t care about next year if he thinks he’s gone without a good showing.
Back on topic, we can make another thread about QB's if you'd like and I'll talk about it all day long.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
I can’t post a link but the Athletic is reporting that Florida’s new head coaching is targeting the Rams DLine coach and game coordinator Eric Henderson to be his defensive coordinator.

Mackeyser

Supernovas are where gold forms; the only place.
Name
Mack
I can’t post a link but the Athletic is reporting that Florida’s new head coaching is targeting the Rams DLine coach and game coordinator Eric Henderson to be his defensive coordinator.

FUCKING NOOOOOO!!!!!

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
As a Gators fan, I am torn. Henderson is one of the best in the NFL. I'd love him at UF, but I'd hate for the Rams to lose him.

jjab360

Legend
All I can say is that I hope just for one year the rest of the NFL can finally leave leave our coaching staff alone.

What a strange thing to complain about, but here we are...

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Henderson would be a huge loss. At least he wouldn't be going to another team in the NFL. As with all coaches just hope we can replace him well.

ottoman89

Busch Light slammin, hog farmin, Iowa boy.
Name
Josh Otto
Please don't lose Henderson! I don't trust Raheem to run our defense let alone hire someone worth a damn!

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
I’m guessing that college Defensive Coordinator may be more appealing than NFL defensive line coach. Unless the whole recruiting train doesn’t appeal to a guy. By all accounts Henderson would be a good recruiter. Billy Napier can suck it.

Rams43

Hall of Fame
One way or another, I don’t think Morris will be our DC next year.

As to coach Hennie? Hope he can be retained with an internal promotion and a juicy raise. He’s a keeper and deserves to be treated accordingly.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
One way or another, I don’t think Morris will be our DC next year.

As to coach Hennie? Hope he can be retained with an internal promotion and a juicy raise. He’s a keeper and deserves to be treated accordingly.
Yes. I hate to see another Aubrey Pleasant situation.

But, if Vangio gets fired in Denver he’s be a great DC option if Morris moves on. After his head coach stint he’d be less likely to get taken away a year later.

Allen2McVay

Legend
Name
Jim
By-the-Way, I would also worry a bit about Thomas Brown getting a better opportunity.

Or Chris Shula.

Teams want the next-Sean McVay. Not just as a Head Coach but also as a Coordinator or top-assistant.

McVay hires a ton of young guys. The Rams have been successful. Teams are going to target those guys.