CARDINALS 2022/23 Arizona Cardinals Thread

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
At what point (5 seasons, 6 seasons as a pro without tangible growth) does Murray become viewed as a middle tier QB?
He’s been with Kliff for years, so IMO we don’t know what he is yet. He’s got warts, mostly work ethic stuff but what would he look like after a couple seasons under McVay for example? Or Shanahan?

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I know that talking heads enthuse about Murray after some games when he does something good that blows their minds, but I'd rather have Jared Goff than him. With an offensive line and a decent coach helping him, I think Jared can be more consistently good than Murray.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
I know that talking heads enthuse about Murray after some games when he does something good that blows their minds, but I'd rather have Jared Goff than him. With an offensive line and a decent coach helping him, I think Jared can be more consistently good than Murray.
If I had to choose between them I'd take Murray and run rollouts and formations with extra spacing in the linemen to give him run lanes. He's an arrogant fuck of a player but Goff's tendency to shit his pants in the crunch time is not something I'd want to deal with.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
If I had to choose between them I'd take Murray and run rollouts and formations with extra spacing in the linemen to give him run lanes. He's an arrogant fuck of a player but Goff's tendency to shit his pants in the crunch time is not something I'd want to deal with.
But you are assuming Murray is mature enough to study. McVay wouldn't put up with that bullshyte

snackdaddy

Who's your snackdaddy?
Name
Charlie
Murray sure shit his pants in the biggest game of his life.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
But you are assuming Murray is mature enough to study. McVay wouldn't put up with that bullshyte
McVay would bootleg and misdirection you to death with Murray. He'd make him a star. And you can bet he'd study if he had come into the league under Sean.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
McVay would bootleg and misdirection you to death with Murray. He'd make him a star. And you can bet he'd study if he had come into the league under Sean.
I don't thinks so, but I guess we'll never know.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
:laugh4:

'Trash' Kyler Murray 'plays like a high school player,' former All-Pro running back says​

Kyler Murray has the ability to turn heads every time he touches the football.

In one play in Week 2, he scrambled over 80 yards in an eventually successful two-point conversion.

But in the eyes of former running back LeSean McCoy, his playing style is not conducive to NFL success.

"He plays like a high school player," McCoy said on the "I Am Athlete" Podcast. "Runs around, runs backward, he does a circle, the ballerina circle, then goes left, goes right, turns all the way around again, then looks for a wide receiver. That's not how you play quarterback."

The two-time First-Team All-Pro selection added that Murray is "trash, overrated, overhyped."

McCoy won a Super Bowl with Patrick Mahomes, who is elite in all facets, but arguably more so than Murray, can go viral with his unscripted plays.

But when asked to compare the two, McCoy wanted no part of it.

"He ain't Mahomes. Let me tell you about Mahomes real quick: the majority of Mahomes' passes are timing. Third step, hit, boom, ball's out. Fifth step, boom, ball's out. Now sometimes he goes off script, we all can do that... not every pass! Every pass, (Murray is) holding the ball, 'Let's make a miracle.' Every game he's played. Watch him play. It's really embarrassing, to be honest. Like, who's coaching this kid?"

Murray was a heavy topic of conversation in the offseason when there was a clause in his contract that said he had to study more film. That was rescinded after public backlash, but the two-time Super Bowl champion says the Cardinals quarterback needs to hit the playbooks more.

"He ain't reading no coverages," McCoy said, noting that Murray relies too much on athletic ability rather than football IQ. "When a quarterback is running around like that all day, all night, all game, that's because he's not reading any coverages."

The Cards are 1-2 on the year, but their one win came when Murray led them from down 20-0 at halftime to an overtime win in Las Vegas against the Raiders, the same game with the 80+ scramble for two points.

Murray is in his fourth season in the NFL and is 23-25-1 as a starter, leading Arizona to the playoffs in 2020 and making two Pro Bowls.

BuffaloRam

Hall of Fame

'Trash' Kyler Murray 'plays like a high school player,' former All-Pro running back says​

In one play in Week 2, he scrambled over 80 yards in an eventually successful two-point conversion.

But in the eyes of former running back LeSean McCoy, his playing style is not conducive to NFL success.

"He plays like a high school player," McCoy said on the "I Am Athlete" Podcast. "Runs around, runs backward, he does a circle, the ballerina circle, then goes left, goes right, turns all the way around again, then looks for a wide receiver. That's not how you play quarterback."

The two-time First-Team All-Pro selection added that Murray is "trash, overrated, overhyped."

McCoy won a Super Bowl with Patrick Mahomes, who is elite in all facets, but arguably more so than Murray, can go viral with his unscripted plays.

"He ain't Mahomes. Let me tell you about Mahomes real quick: the majority of Mahomes' passes are timing. Third step, hit, boom, ball's out. Fifth step, boom, ball's out. Now sometimes he goes off script, we all can do that... not every pass! Every pass, (Murray is) holding the ball, 'Let's make a miracle.' Every game he's played. Watch him play. It's really embarrassing, to be honest. Like, who's coaching this kid?"

Murray was a heavy topic of conversation in the offseason when there was a clause in his contract that said he had to study more film. That was rescinded after public backlash, but the two-time Super Bowl champion says the Cardinals quarterback needs to hit the playbooks more.

"He ain't reading no coverages," McCoy said, noting that Murray relies too much on athletic ability rather than football IQ. "When a quarterback is running around like that all day, all night, all game, that's because he's not reading any coverages."

The Cards are 1-2 on the year, but their one win came when Murray led them from down 20-0 at halftime to an overtime win in Las Vegas against the Raiders, the same game with the 80+ scramble for two points.

Murray is in his fourth season in the NFL and is 23-25-1 as a starter, leading Arizona to the playoffs in 2020 and making two Pro Bowls.
He ain’t wrong - though any push to get Kyler to play from the pocket will force him to fail

majrleaged

Hall of Fame

I have said this from the very beginning. Luckily for us, his stupid ass team is mesmerized and intimidated by him. They now are stuck and the Rams have 1 less team in the division to worry about.

Tano

Legend
Murray would be a great QB for McVay for 8 games but after playing 8 games his legs will give out and he would suck

I don't call him 8 game Murray for nothing.