2019 Divisional Game Weekend Menu

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

A.J. Hicks

Hall of Fame
Name
zoomy
Making poutine to go with the Vikings Niners game.

Hoagie sandwiches tonight.

With tamales and chili tomorrow.

Riverumbbq

Angry Progressive
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
River
Fish n Chips, ... fresh caught rock cod, beer battered & fried.
Steak Fries, malt vinegar, & tartar sauce.

Loads of Stella to wash it down.

Riverumbbq

Angry Progressive
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
River
It was excellent, and this time I didn't have to do any of the cooking or cleaning. I am required to get off my ass for my own beer though. Next time someone else does the cooking, i'll make sure the beach cooler is stocked and within arms length. :)

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
Just got a sous vide unit so I'm playing with all kinds of stuff. Did thick cut pork chops last night. Doing baby backs right now that I'm going to baste with my slather sauce and then torch for a slight char.

I have a couple tri tips thawing that I am going to sear and then sous vide to medium rare for use in things like stroganoff that I can seal in a bag, set it on my counter, and tell it when to start from where ever I am.

The idea is to come up with a bunch of gourmet meal in a bag entres that will be ready when my wife and I get home from work, hiking, fishing, whatever.

If any of you have a sous vide, we may have to start a thread. I can tell you that the pork chops were absolutely perfect.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
Fish n Chips, ... fresh caught rock cod, beer battered & fried.
Steak Fries, malt vinegar, & tartar sauce.

Loads of Stella to wash it down.
That sounds great. Good ole coastal rock fish is extremely under rated. It makes awesome grilled tacos too.

Riverumbbq

Angry Progressive
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
River
Just got a sous vide unit so I'm playing with all kinds of stuff. Did thick cut pork chops last night. Doing baby backs right now that I'm going to baste with my slather sauce and then torch for a slight char.

I have a couple tri tips thawing that I am going to sear and then sous vide to medium rare for use in things like stroganoff that I can seal in a bag, set it on my counter, and tell it when to start from where ever I am.

The idea is to come up with a bunch of gourmet meal in a bag entres that will be ready when my wife and I get home from work, hiking, fishing, whatever.

If any of you have a sous vide, we may have to start a thread. I can tell you that the pork chops were absolutely perfect.

I've never used one myself, but like the end results. Which brand did you go with ?

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Mixed up a lil sauce based around cream of chicken soup and sour cream with some seasonings in it. Throw in some shredded chicken and some peppers olives etc and bake it with a layer or crushed up tortilla chips on the bottom and cover it with some cheese. Good food on a cold January day when even if you have to watch the faithless.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
I've never used one myself, but like the end results. Which brand did you go with ?
Anova Precision. So far, so groovy.
15787866527851495463700673394589.jpg

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
Excellent, that's the same one i've been looking at, both the 750W & 1000W. I'll be curious to hear more results from you.
I bought the 1000. My sister and chef nephew have the same one and rave about it. I will start a sous vide thread later. I wish I had taken pictures of the pork chops. They were honestly perfect in doneness. I will be trying some other ideas like lowering the temp because I like to carmalize the fat a bit by searing in my big cast iron skillet.

But I have to say. There's something to be said for setting something and letting it tell you when it's at perfect temp along with it being slow cooked for tenderness. I know you know what I mean there.

Pretty hard to do medium rare AND slow cooked.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
I’ve got Anova as well Mine is 900w.

Love it.

A.J. Hicks

Hall of Fame
Name
zoomy
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter

Got my father in law one for Christmas.

They honestly look incredible to me. So useful.

So far I have not heard anything from the father in law. I don't know if he's tried it or not.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
I’ve got Anova as well Mine is 900w.

Love it.
Well I guess mine is 10% better than yours. :fuckyou:

Just messing with you of course.

I am more excited with this little gadget than about anything I've bought in recent memory.

I can't wait to get into it here. Though I think I'm going to need sponsorship $$$ from Anova.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
Got my father in law one for Christmas.

They honestly look incredible to me. So useful.

So far I have not heard anything from the father in law. I don't know if he's tried it or not.
We initially bought one from Bed, Bath & Beyond but you couldn't operate in via WiFi or by the app so we returned it. This one was twice the price but I immediately liked it better from the packaging to everything else. Pretty cool toy. Even more exciting than my Magic Butter Machine :p

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
So back to game day menu....
IMG_20200111_165007042.jpg

Filthy dirty Tangueray martini with muddled jalapeno stuffed olives. I still prefer good ole Tangueray for a martini over all those fancy gins out there these days. And for those vodka martini drinkers out there? Shaddup and eat your Velveeta.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
Ribs sous vide style:
IMG_20200111_174015755.jpg
IMG_20200111_175137488.jpg
IMG_20200111_175543160.jpg
IMG_20200111_180121804.jpg

So my take is that nothing really replaces a well operated smoker. But this is close and so much easier and brainless, it's silly.

The meat was again - perfectly cooked - yet not. Pull from the bone? Check. Tender and juicy? Check. Carmalization of the sugars in the sauce? Double check.

But the texture just seemed a bit off - almost a tad grainy.

Still, overall a very good dinner and way easier than using one of my smokers. Vi have to figure out a way to get some smoke flavor to the ribs. I am not opposed to dry smoke but liquid smoke sucks IMO.

Stay tuned.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
In honor of the teams in the playoffs, I purchased the finest ramens...Teriyaki Beef AND Chicken! Eat your hearts out, bitches!

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
In honor of the teams in the playoffs, I purchased the finest ramens...Teriyaki Beef AND Chicken! Eat your hearts out, bitches!
Go to an Asian market and pick up some of this. If you like spicy, you will love this stuff. Add a few 21-25 shrimp to it and it's a meal.
15787967204469009196858298142122.jpg