1973 Los Angeles Rams Highlights

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

OC--LeftCoast

Agent Provocateur
Name
Greg
Was a junior in HS, that was one heck of a ride, that stinker vs Dallas really sucked

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
Here is one Dave51 "quiz" question that I am about to ruin...What NFL team in 1973 had two brothers playing on the defensive line, sometimes together?

LA Rams, of course. Merlin and Phil Olsen...I remember seeing that in the game program in 1973, and it really amazed me as a kid.
I like the Question, But, I'm Sorry, the Older Fans around ROD would laugh-me-out-of-the-place IF I where to ask such an easy question!!:D
Olsen17.jpg

The Brother's Olsen!(y)

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
Correct Roman Gabriel requested the trade because he did not want to battle Hadl for the number one QB. Now the rams acquired Hadl because Gabiel was hurt in 1972 because of that the Rams had to trade for Pete Beathard so the Rams wanted two good QB's in 73, but Gabriel requested to be traded so the Rams dealt him to Philadelphia for WR Harold Jackson and then singed James Harris to backup Hadl.

Interesting fact is the Rams traded three high profile Quarterbacks to the Eagles, Norm Van Brocklin, Roman Gabriel & Sam Bradford.
John Hadl and James Harris now there's a great pair of QB's to have on the Team at the same time!! Both really good QB's!!

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
John Hadl and James Harris now there's a great pair of QB's to have on the Team at the same time!! Both really good QB's!!

Harris in the background...Love the scrolls the Coaches used to have, Hank Stram was legendary for that.
football-los-angeles-rams-qb-john-hadl-on-sidelines-with-coach-chuck-picture-id81369806