Your Favorite Sports Announcers

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Tano

Legend
Adam Archuleta is doing a great job as a colour guy but CBS keep sticking him on shit games so nobody seems to notice.

I like Nantz, I do NOT like Romo. I don't mind Buck and Aikman if they are not doing Cowboys games.

Collinsworth annoys me.

To be honest tho I mostly watch Redzone and Hansen is great.
I like the Carolina Tight End - is he still playing or is he retired now

Too lazy to look up

Mackeyser

Supernovas are where gold forms; the only place.
Name
Mack
Vinny called baseball, golf, football, tennis, Even as the dodger annouser he didn't show any bias and never forgot that he wasn't the show. He praised all players who deserved it. You should here his call for the catch in SF and CB NFC championship game. Of course I am biased, but if you check it out you will agree with me. Michaels is also not biased.

He also did Boxing when his schedule permitted. He was the ultimate radio guy

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
Nobody has mentioned Howard Cosell.

I liked him at the time, but he was polarizing back then.
It's a shame he colored his own career (no pun intended) with his comments at the end. Just as an announcer he was fantastic but he got a bit full of himself I think.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
Also irt Collinsworth I detest his tendency to oversell anyone who makes a play and I think it speaks to his lazy preparation. I won't listen to him do a game I always mute him.

Seems like with analysts the guys who are more or less the average run of the mill types are the best. They aren't trying as hard. Not everyone can be like Madden and be larger than life, you can't fake that.

JYB

Starter
Don't like Collinsworth -- his commentary or his extremely grating voice.

Of all the analysts today, I prefer Aikman. Serious guy, always prepared and has good insight. Doesn't hurt that he grew up a Ram fan, too. :thumbsup1:

He and Buck are my favorite team.

sjm1582002

Wanted everywhere but welcome nowhere
Don "turn out the lights" Meredith was hilarious.

Keith "Whoa Nellie" Jackson.

AvengerRam

Benevolent Troublemaker
Also irt Collinsworth I detest his tendency to oversell anyone who makes a play and I think it speaks to his lazy preparation. I won't listen to him do a game I always mute him.
LOL. I call him “Captain Hyperbole.”

HX76

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Bobby ‘The Brain’ Heenan with Gorilla Monsoon will never be beaten. I still don’t know what a ham and egger is though.

Last edited:

MauiRam

Rookie
After all those years with Scully calling Dodgers' games, doesn't Jerry Doggett get any love? When I was a kid (yes it's true it was many decades ago), I used to listen to Dodger games with a small transistor radio turned down very low with the covers pulled over my head to avoid detection past my "bedtime." Vin was always top dog, but Jerry's voice was a nice complement imo.

IBruce80

Tokyo Ram
Don't like Collinsworth -- his commentary or his extremely grating voice.

Of all the analysts today, I prefer Aikman. Serious guy, always prepared and has good insight. Doesn't hurt that he grew up a Ram fan, too. :thumbsup1:

He and Buck are my favorite team.

Yeah, spot on.

Collinsworth is my least favourite.
To me, he just sounds like the annoying bloke on the train who likes the sound of his own voice and wants everyone to hear what he's on about.
Without actually saying anything interesting at all.
Al Michaels is, by contrast, alright.

Aikman and Buck are good.
Aikman in particular breaks things down nicely and in an informative way.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
Yeah, spot on.

Collinsworth is my least favourite.
To me, he just sounds like the annoying bloke on the train who likes the sound of his own voice and wants everyone to hear what he's on about.
Without actually saying anything interesting at all.
Al Michaels is, by contrast, alright.

Aikman and Buck are good.
Aikman in particular breaks things down nicely and in an informative way.
Agree with everything but Buck. I can't stand that Ram hater. Odd that they put him with Aikman.

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
I think we mostly suffer from missing some of the best that we grew up with.
I agree, guys like Curt Gowdy, Lindsey Nelson & Pat Summerall for example, made it about the game, never about them. Listening to Joe Buck, it's always about "ME." Sorry Joe, nobody cares. Focus on the game, even if it's a seventh round pick out of East Texas State, I'm more interested in that player, then whatever happen to you in Cabo.

dpjax

Starter
Camp Reporter
For current NFL announcers I second Charles Davis and I also enjoy listening to Collinsworth.

The worst...Brian Griese in a landslide.