X is now in charge

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Lesson

Oh, really?
I hope to see you back.

On the other, The Dude is back!

Mister Sin

Formally Known as Juggs
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Sin
@PhxRam make it short man, you'll be missed. I think The Dude can make it work for ya while your gone! Lol

OC--LeftCoast

Agent Provocateur
Name
Greg
Can't say I blame you Phx, after sifting thru all utter whining of the day (after one lousy showing) I'd need a break from running this place also, you've done a fine job sir. See ya soon.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
I don't want to sound like a fascist or anything, but this isn't a good thing. I don't WANT to be in charge, and am only doing it for one reason. This new agenda, for lack of a better word, should be clear by now. The word(s) "PD" have surfaced on this board way, way, WAY too many times in the past couple of months in reference to what this place looks like to other posters. Maybe some are too sensitive about the realism? Could be. But I also know that there are quite a few long time posters who have had their activity plummet as of late.

Many of you have left other boards because you no longer want to deal with the overt negativity, trollage, or arguing. Many of you have come to ROD with the misconception that we're just a popular board with lots of fans, and we're all adults who should be able to deal with "in your face" realism. There are also people who came here because they were booted from another board. And then there are many of you who are joining ROD because you heard we're the anti-PD. I intend to marry all of those groups together as best I can, but some hard choices are coming down the pike.

So if you like to call out posters, don't care if you offend anyone, can't censor yourself when needed, or aren't the least bit interested in preserving the integrity of this board in the manner in which it was conceived, then I'm sorry. We've just got no use for you. Again, I don't want to come across as a fascist, but some of your posting histories are going to be scrutinized now, as well as your actions going forward. The vent thread is not a part of that either. I'm talking about people who apparently don't care about this awesome hangout. And if you're offended by this, then I'm probably talking about you. But that doesn't mean you're indicted. Just conflicted. You can make this place better via your own efforts, and I sincerely hope some of you can muster up some introspection.

The name is Schottenheimer, not "Schitty."
He doesn't "suck", he's just not your bag (and you're free to say why).
(Insert player here) is not garbage. He just doesn't measure up to your standards (again, you're free to say why).
(Insert coach, executive or assistant here) is not a moron. You'd just do it differently (and can expound upon that).
(Insert whomever here) does not need to be fired because he's not you. But you are free to point out what you perceive to be failings.
This team and its players are not a joke. But you are free to explain (in detail) what you think the problems are and offer solutions.

The bold words are examples of what people read, and that extends to the players gracious enough to visit this forum and dedicate their time to you, as well as the COO of the Organization who has on more than one occasion mentioned this forum in high regard. If you can just find it in yourselves to communicate without using insensitive adjectives or transitive verbs, then we would all really appreciate it. If you can't, or don't want to, then for the final time ... I'm sorry. I can point you to forums that are more tolerant if you want.

RamzFanz

Damnit
I am taking a brief hiatus from the board to recharge my batteries, and in the mean time, the mac daddy, @-X- is going to take my place.

Those of you who wish to cross him, I wish you well.

PFJqA.gif

Tron

Fights for the User
Name
Tron
I don't want to sound like a fascist or anything, but this isn't a good thing. I don't WANT to be in charge, and am only doing it for one reason. This new agenda, for lack of a better word, should be clear by now. The word(s) "PD" have surfaced on this board way, way, WAY too many times in the past couple of months in reference to what this place looks like to other posters. Maybe some are too sensitive about the realism? Could be. But I also know that there are quite a few long time posters who have had their activity plummet as of late.

Many of you have left other boards because you no longer want to deal with the overt negativity, trollage, or arguing. Many of you have come to ROD with the misconception that we're just a popular board with lots of fans, and we're all adults who should be able to deal with "in your face" realism. There are also people who came here because they were booted from another board. And then there are many of you who are joining ROD because you heard we're the anti-PD. I intend to marry all of those groups together as best I can, but some hard choices are coming down the pike.

So if you like to call out posters, don't care if you offend anyone, can't censor yourself when needed, or aren't the least bit interested in preserving the integrity of this board in the manner in which it was conceived, then I'm sorry. We've just got no use for you. Again, I don't want to come across as a fascist, but some of your posting histories are going to be scrutinized now, as well as your actions going forward. The vent thread is not a part of that either. I'm talking about people who apparently don't care about this awesome hangout. And if you're offended by this, then I'm probably talking about you. But that doesn't mean you're indicted. Just conflicted. You can make this place better via your own efforts, and I sincerely hope some of you can muster up some introspection.

The name is Schottenheimer, not "Schitty."
He doesn't "suck", he's just not your bag (and you're free to say why).
(Insert player here) is not garbage. He just doesn't measure up to your standards (again, you're free to say why).
(Insert coach, executive or assistant here) is not a moron. You'd just do it differently (and can expound upon that).
(Insert whomever here) does not need to be fired because he's not you. But you are free to point out what you perceive to be failings.
This team and its players are not a joke. But you are free to explain (in detail) what you think the problems are and offer solutions.

The bold words are examples of what people read, and that extends to the players gracious enough to visit this forum and dedicate their time to you, as well as the COO of the Organization who has on more than one occasion mentioned this forum in high regard. If you can just find it in yourselves to communicate without using insensitive adjectives or transitive verbs, then we would all really appreciate it. If you can't, or don't want to, then for the final time ... I'm sorry. I can point you to forums that are more tolerant if you want.
This is what I was trying to convey in my post but couldnt get the words right. Great post X.

DCH

Madman with a box.
Name
Dewey
For a million ROD bucks I'll revise it to say Benny Cunningham if it'll make ya feel better :)

DCH

Madman with a box.
Name
Dewey
What was Bernie's old term... "Nattering Nabobs of Negativity"?

smram

Rookie
Name
Steve
Phx, enjoy the time off. Hope you are back soon and all is well. You add a lot to this site and will be missed.

Alan

Legend
NJRamsFan hitting the drug cabinet again:
I vote for Alan to be in charge!
Just say no to drugs NJ. :ROFLMAO: More for me. :)

Spend all that extra time with your daughter @PhxRam . Try counting her ribs LOL. My daughter just loved that until she was 8 or so. The really good stuff is over before you know it. :(

But don't take forever.

Last edited: