WOW I think Ray Rice is in BIG trouble

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

12intheBox

Legend
Name
Wil Fay
Letting the "law be the law" with multimillionaires who put money under the table to make something disappear is a stupid idea.

Even more stupid considering the SLOWNESS of criminal prosecutions.

You're basically saying the NFL/Pats etc, shouldn't have canned Hernandez when those allegations came out because THAT trial/case/whathaveyou, is STILL going on. Poor analogy considering he was tied to murders, but still....

A company has the right to protect itself and its image. Same difference as firing an employee.

And I'm sure all players signed waivers upon entering the NFL that their actions off the field would have consequences.

I have no problem with a team cutting a player for off the field stuff - which is what happened with Hernandez. I don't believe the league ever took action in his case or had to. The team is the real employer here anyway, aren't they? And yes, there was collective bargaining that brought this issue to the table - the players agreed on the conduct policy - that doesn't mean that I have to agree with it.

Do you think the NFL image has been enhanced by the personal conduct policy? Do you think the NFL has protected its image? I think by opening that can of worms in the first place, they have put themselves in a position to condone really awful conduct and to compare wrongs.

Big Ben got what - 4 or 6 games for what basically amounts to uncharged rape? Yet there is he is under center for the Steelers. Mike Vick tortured dogs - yet there is is in uniform. Josh Brent killed a team mate and will be back in a huddle in short order.

Dodgersrf

Name
Scott
Wow.
I didn't need another reason to dislike the Harbaugh brothers.
I just got a big one.
John and Jim are both, classless crybabies.

Thordaddy

Binding you with ancient logic
Name
Rich
Didn't bother me - we're just talking here.

Yes BUT you are talking HERE, and it's an inflammatory word that doesn't need to be thrown about,there is a much better way to express dismay with an idea and this forum has a mission to attempt to prevent the sort of acrimony words like that illicit and the propensity to use them due to the insulation from recourse the internet naturally provides.
Things are heated on this board right now and there has already been a warning issued by the owner to thin the ranks of membership for as he put it "dickish behavior".
The word stupid has no place in any civil conversation,help us keep things civil here please.

12intheBox

Legend
Name
Wil Fay
Yes BUT you are talking HERE, and it's an inflammatory word that doesn't need to be thrown about,there is a much better way to express dismay with an idea and this forum has a mission to attempt to prevent the sort of acrimony words like that illicit and the propensity to use them due to the insulation from recourse the internet naturally provides.
Things are heated on this board right now and there has already been a warning issued by the owner to thin the ranks of membership for as he put it "dickish behavior".
The word stupid has no place in any civil conversation,help us keep things civil here please.

I get that and I appreciate what you are saying - but I really don't think he was attacking me at all - just replying to my idea. I left (that other place) for the reasons you have stated and I do prefer this forum in large part because we are generally able to have actual football discussions here - but @Athos - like yourself - is one of the guys I really enjoy hearing from - even when we disagree. We don't want to swing too far in the other direction where we are afraid to speak our minds.

Athos

Legend
Oh come on dude. You really need to lighten up. It's only inflammatory if you make it inflammatory. I could have used absurd. But I have a feeling you'd complain about that as well. Hell, it wasn't even directed to YOU, but an idea. There's a salient point in keeping things even-keeled and "harmonious"; then there's just be a speech Nazi.

At any rate, I think Goodell already dropped the ball with his callous decision making and "new-policies" after the fact. Doubtful he can do anything without legal recourse since the punishment was already agreed upon and doled out.

Though, in regards to Rice, I would say this weak 2 game suspension serves as his 1st offense. He's in for a lifetime ban for his 2nd.

ScotsRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Niall
Why has this c*** not been cut yet?

theramsruleUK

Pro Bowler
I don't understand why everyone is so up in arms now a video has appeared.
Everyone knew that he knocked her out cold in the elevator, it doesn't bloody matter if there's a video of it or not, with or without a public video 2 games is a complete farce.

Now all of a sudden these players, ex players and media personalities are saying ban him for life and cut him?
This should have been done even before the tape had been made public

Thordaddy

Binding you with ancient logic
Name
Rich
I don't understand why everyone is so up in arms now a video has appeared.
Everyone knew that he knocked her out cold in the elevator, it doesn't bloody matter if there's a video of it or not, with or without a public video 2 games is a complete farce.

Now all of a sudden these players, ex players and media personalities are saying ban him for life and cut him?
This should have been done even before the tape had been made public
I think the video established for me that it wasn't accidental or in any way self defense,women DO attack men and men have the right to defend themselves ,I've stepped out of the way of a woman attacking me and had her accuse me of being responsible for her falling on the ground when she missed me.
What ALSO stood out to me was he didn't immediately bend over to see how badly she was hurt he just stood there and admired his work if you will,something tells me he's done that before.
But ya know if they'd been having sex while he did that,there ARE people who'd tell us it was none of our business,it's a crazy damned world. Just spitballin' here man,thinkin a little out of the box out loud :whistle:

Zaphod

Hall of Fame
I wonder if there is any kind of 'double jeopardy' clause in the NFL personal conduct policy. The suspension has already been handed down, the appeal was waived - and one game of the suspension has already been served. The Ravens may have relied on the NFL's decision in making roster cuts. Can the NFL really just reopen the case and change their minds?

Compared to other discipline, 2 games was a sham when they announced it and its even more ludicrous if the NFL never bothered to get the video - but still - at some point, a team and a player should be able to count on some finality.

Really, I have a problem with the NFL suspending players for conduct that happens off the field in the first place. The minute the NFL decided to 'clean up its image' by suspending players for things that happen off the field, they set themselves up for failures exactly like this one. Suspend guys for cheap hits, supsend them for performance enhancing drugs, suspend them for cheating - but let the law be the law.
For right or wrong, when they try to become enforcers outside of their domain, this is exactly the negative outcome they get from it.

The real problem is that his fiance saw dollar signs and chose not to press charges. It's up to her how well that plays out in the long run.

MTRamsFan

Montana is God's Country
Name
Greg
There are so many things disturbing here, I don't know where to begin. I will say this, Goodell is really in the hot seat admitting there was no review of the video before making his decision of Rice's suspension.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
Of course Roger has seen it. I saw it shortly after it happened. Good thing the NFL has Goodell to judiciously hand out punishment. I mean smoking a little pot is WAY worse than this - right? Way to go Roger. You the man.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
There are so many things disturbing here, I don't know where to begin. I will say this, Goodell is really in the hot seat admitting there was no review of the video before making his decision of Rice's suspension.
And I call bullshit on that. No review my ass. If he didn't I'd consider it willful neglect of his responsibilities. He's not a judge in a court of law deciding on admissible vs inadmissible evidence. He BETTER be on the hot seat for this.

iced

Yea......money and the threat of more physical violence. I wouldn't be too cavalier with your understanding of how domestic violence actually works.

The irony of this statement... I wouldn't be too cavalier with your understanding of how the law actually works, including things like filing charges, restraining orders, etc.

Who's even to say it isn't still happening? Maybe not physically, but verbally when ole' Ray loses his temper. Should be in mandatory anger management.

Don't disagree with this - except for speculating about their relationship when we literally have nothing to base anything on. She should have left him the moment she came too, but she makes her own decision.... if he's abusive at home, she should leave him, imo.

Warner4Prez

Hall of Fame
Name
Benny
It's gotta be incumbent on the Ravens organization to extend Rice's suspension. I don't expect them to outright cut the dude, though they should, but to save a little face they ought to tack on some more time.