Would you trade Saffold to Vikes

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

PhillyRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Scott
They put LT Kahill on IR, so they will be looking for help. Some are wondering if they make a move for Joe Thomas, but the Browns would ask for more than they can pay. So would Saffold be an option for say a 3rd rounder?

blackbart

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim
They put LT Kahill on IR, so they will be looking for help. Some are wondering if they make a move for Joe Thomas, but the Browns would ask for more than they can pay. So would Saffold be an option for say a 3rd rounder?
Not for a 3rd, he's more valuable than that for the Rams and significantly more for the Vikings

Psycho_X

Legend
He's a starter and the only guy we have who can play 4 different positions if needed. There's no way. And Garrett Reynolds being on IR makes it even more of a bad move to trade him. So far our o-line depth hasn't impressed me being that Jamon Brown has been abused when he's in there and no one else has stepped up to show me they can be a starter in this league.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
You can't be serious. Brown, despite the Rams' love for the guy, isn't ready yet. IMO Roger has more value to us than the pick he'd garner in trade.

I'm still irked that they tried to push Brown in there over Wichmann in the first place. As good as Brown is in the run game, he is inconsistent snap to snap and a liability in pass pro.

PhillyRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Scott
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Yeah, just a thought in terms of regaining some picks and letting a payer go that they will likely cut next year. They will need space to re-sign guys like Ogletree, McDonald and eventually Donald.

It definitely would leave them thin, unless they believe in Murphy and Battle and of course Brown coming in to play OG.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
He's a starter and the only guy we have who can play 4 different positions if needed. There's no way. And Garrett Reynolds being on IR makes it even more of a bad move to trade him. So far our o-line depth hasn't impressed me being that Jamon Brown has been abused when he's in there and no one else has stepped up to show me they can be a starter in this league.

I thought we paid Garrett Reynolds off and released him? I say no to letting Saffold go for a 3rd...He has both shoulders repaired and they are bionic now..We have gone through the injury phase of Saffold and that's over, and he's versatile....so no way.

Memphis Ram

Legend
Almost sure that the Vikings don't have the cap space for Saffold. Besides, they'll probably just insert the OT many moaned about the Rams not drafting last year in TJ. Clemmings.

RamsJunkie

ARE YOU NOT ENTERTAINED!
I know Tredwell hasn't done crap in the NFL yet but I would take him for Saffold.

Psycho_X

Legend
I thought we paid Garrett Reynolds off and released him? I say no to letting Saffold go for a 3rd...He has both shoulders repaired and they are bionic now..We have gone through the injury phase of Saffold and that's over, and he's versatile....so no way.

Yeah we did release him. Either way, Saffold is all we've got for utility now. And one would think that eventually after you replaced enough parts he'd be unbreakable right? lol.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Yeah we did release him. Either way, Saffold is all we've got for utility now. And one would think that eventually after you replaced enough parts he'd be unbreakable right? lol.
"We can make him better than he was....better, stronger..faster..."
XseYOyy.png

woofwoofmo

65 Toss Power Trap

Reynolds was released with an injury settlement which keeps him covered by the team for a few weeks at the start of the season. He'll then have the opportunity to sign with other teams for a few weeks and the Rams could resign him after 6 weeks. We may or may not have seen the last of Garrett Reynolds. I hope he's back, quality multi-role player, good leader in locker room and a genuinely nice guy.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Reynolds was released with an injury settlement which keeps him covered by the team for a few weeks at the start of the season. He'll then have the opportunity to sign with other teams for a few weeks and the Rams could resign him after 6 weeks. We may or may not have seen the last of Garrett Reynolds. I hope he's back, quality multi-role player, good leader in locker room and a genuinely nice guy.
Me too..I really liked him and thought he was a big reason why we won the number of games that we did...AND, he was given his uncle's Rams helmet from the 70's! (Hacksaw's):rockon:

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
Lets say just for sake of a full consideration of this thought..... Saffold is starting on the left side @ OG post. RS is left handed & has played the majority of his college & NFL career on the left side. Currently we have two reserve OL'ers & a starting OL'er who can play this OLG post not including RS. They would be 2nd yr Jamon Brown (who is also left handed & has started the majority of his NFL & College career on the left side), 2nd yr Andrew Donnal & current starter @ ORG Cody Wichmann.

The only other reserve is Demetrius Rhaney who did play OLG post in 3 of the 4 pre season games. In addition Garrett Reynolds who started 12 games for us in 2105 most @ OLG & finished 3 others could be available once his full health returns to his lower leg. Finally there is Practice Squad OL'er David Arkin who saw a ton of action @ both OG's post. That's 3 OLG's available at the moment who have started in the NFL at this post already who could start @ the RS post & 3 other later possibilities. So based on that if a solid high draft selection was offered this team would not suffer too much of an issue @ OLG.

RS has been a previous starter @ ORG post & might be again but as with the OLG post....this ORG post is back up by the same OL'ers mention in the OLG post so the absence of RS would not affect the ORG post.

Saffold has also been the top reserve to the ORT post this TC & pre season. Reserve Andrew Donnal is a solid back up @ ORT. Garrett Reynolds is also a back up ORT. Practice Squad ORT is Isaiah Battle who played a ton of ORT in TC & pre season when he was not out due to nagging injuries is a third option @ ORT. So once again this team would not suffer from a loss of RS in the ORT post.

Since Fisher's arrival here with this team RS has either been the starting OLT or the main reserve OLT. RS remains in this same position today. RS is our reserve OLT to GRob. Rams do have a 3rd OLT on the 53 player roster in UDFA rookie Pace Murphy. Pace has not been active as of yet. PS member Isaiah Battle has played OLT in college but has been inserted into only one post this season & has yet to show he can play ORT post at the NFL level so I would not place him in this position.

So it would boil on down to this situation @ the reserve OLT position. Would you place this current 2016 Rams team into a bad position if GRob was not available to start because Pace Murphy is as green as you can get & Battle is even a worse prospect. On the other end of the scale might be an offer for 2017 high second round Viking selection. But in truth they sure could use this a 2nd day pick because they are absent a 2017 #1 & a #3 due to the Goff trade.

Yamahopper

Hall of Fame
If I knew RS was going to perform at his historical level and miss a majority of the season I'd put him on a plane to the northland fora 3rd.
Not that he's not an asset it's just his history.

Zaphod

Hall of Fame
Saffold is our backup at LT and starting LG. The head coach is under heavy pressure to get his snap fumbling first overall on the field ASAP in his last year under contract. The overall offense started slow and is progressing slowly, from coordinator to players, and Saffold is the best player on a unit that could turn it all around for them regardless anyone else's deficiencies.

Yeah, it kind of looks like a circus. Injury prone he may be, but I don't think they'll be trading him and I don't think they should ... but for the right price, there's always a right price but a 3rd rounder? Come on, you'll have to do better than that even if I'm Les Snead looking to throw Fisher under the bus to save myself :)