Would you sign Peyton Manning?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Pancake

Hall of Fame
Name
Ernie
I watched him every week this year because he was my FF QB. He was really good for the first half of the season but then he took a nose dive down the stretch. Is that all because of a quad injury? I don't know. I tend to think that's a sign of an old body not being able to take the pounding of a 16 game schedule anymore.

MrMotes

Starter
If I were Manning, I'd play in St. Louis long before Buffalo. That Buffalo weather would cause issues for him.
I guess i should have used blue font but my point is why in the hell would Manning close out his career playing for Jeff Fisher or Rex Ryan? I'd expect Manning to go where Gase goes, possibly the Niners...

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
I guess i should have used blue font but my point is why in the hell would Manning close out his career playing for Jeff Fisher or Rex Ryan? I'd expect Manning to go where Gase goes, possibly the Niners...

49ers can't afford him. Kaepernick got his big contract with the signing bonus and they're strapped for cap.

Why wouldn't he? He spent most his career playing for Dungy and Fox...both defensive minded HCs. Why would he want an offensive minded HC? Manning likes to be able to run his offense.

ram007

Starter
NO.

Manning had one of the best careers a professional sports player can only dream. It's time for him ride into the sunset healthy. Good luck Manning. It was fun watching you play the position.

blackbart

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim
If he can pass a physical and comes at a $$ amount that will not hamper rebuilding the Oline yes.

Manning could do a lot with the Rams as they are right now even with the crappy Oline play. The defense and special teams will be contender worthy. Getting to the playoffs would seem a very reasonable goal with him and once these young guys learn how to win, it would be invaluable experience.

iced

i look at it from this point of view - even if he's not the stud he used to be, as long he provides an upgrade in the interim while bradford rehabs his knee, he can provide valuable teaching experience to not just Bradford but to the rest of the offense. While Sammy can rehab his knee he'll be picking from the brain of an absolute all time great - a guy that's known as the master of "Cerebral Football"

It'd be like learning from the best minds at chess...

V3

Hall of Fame
Yes. I don't see our franchise QB in this draft. I'm not even sure I want them using a pick on one like everyone wants them to.

StevenG-BR

Rookie
think he has that ring if the Bears have anyone other then Rex Grossman at QB?

Is it all about QB with you? There's 42 other starters on the field.

What does Grossman have to do with Manning? Was Grossman on that top-notch defense Manning had to face? A ring is a ring is a ring. Disputing that and trying to trivialize it just adds to the ridiculousness. It's like quicksand... the harder you fight it the more you sink.

LosAngelesRams

Hall of Fame
If we dont draft a top talent at QB, hell yea, count me in for 1 year. The only thing that would truly worry me? Our OL might get him murdered, hes not exactly the most mobile QB.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
If we dont draft a top talent at QB, hell yea, count me in for 1 year. The only thing that would truly worry me? Our OL might get him murdered, hes not exactly the most mobile QB.

His OL in Indy was pretty bad the last few years. He gets rid of the ball around a half second faster than the average QB which tends to keep sacks down.

Stranger

How big is infinity?
Name
Hugh
Peyton would be an excellent mentor to Sam and a dev QB. So, I'd say YES>

Teran

UDFA
I am going to say no. We would be like KC with Montana, the Vikings or Jets with Favre, whoever it was with Namath.... I think we should look to the draft for someone with a short fast throwing motion like Breese or Rodgers.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I am going to say no. We would be like KC with Montana, the Vikings or Jets with Favre, whoever it was with Namath.... I think we should look to the draft for someone with a short fast throwing motion like Breese or Rodgers.

Montana took KC to the playoffs twice in his two years including the AFCCG in one year. Favre took Minnesota to the playoffs and the NFCCG in his first year. Doesn't sound too bad to me. ;)

Ram Quixote

Knight Errant
Name
Tim
i look at it from this point of view - even if he's not the stud he used to be, as long he provides an upgrade in the interim while bradford rehabs his knee, he can provide valuable teaching experience to not just Bradford but to the rest of the offense. While Sammy can rehab his knee he'll be picking from the brain of an absolute all time great - a guy that's known as the master of "Cerebral Football"

It'd be like learning from the best minds at chess...
This. There is, however, one thing that could prevent this. The Manning bros prefer to play in opposite conferences. That was why Eli didn't want to be drafted by San Diego, and why Peyton didn't take Seattle's offer.

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
Idk. I think he may very well be on the verge of breaking down physically. He's 38, and the injuries and tweeks have mounted the last few years. I could see the Rams putting everything they've got into bringing in the Manning ringer and he breaks down in week 8 on us.

I'm probably in the vast minority when i say..."pass."

Boston Ram

Hall of Fame
I say no. He looks done and like he should retire. He has struggled down the stretch, he has no arm strength and the way he is getting rid of the ball tells me he does not want/worried about taking any hits.

I won't be surprised if he retires

Dagonet

Grillin and Chillin
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Jeff
Idk. I think he may very well be on the verge of breaking down physically. He's 38, and the injuries and tweeks have mounted the last few years. I could see the Rams putting everything they've got into bringing in the Manning ringer and he breaks down in week 8 on us.

I'm probably in the vast minority when i say..."pass."

And how old are you? :cool: