Would ya trade for J. McCown Cut/trade Foles?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Ram210

UDFA
I would pass on a deal for McCown he could get cut after the Browns select Wentz at 2 and with RGIII under contract. I would take Christian Hackenberg in Round 3 to compete with Mannion behind Keenum. Deal Foles for a day 3 or 2017 pick (e.g.-Jets).

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
I would take Christian Hackenberg in Round 3 to compete with Mannion behind Keenum. Deal Foles for a day 3 or 2017 pick (e.g.-Jets).

Have you actually watched Hackenberg play? If you did, i truly believe you would post somebody else...Small hands, not good under duress and inaccurate. No thanks to Hackenberg based on the dozen games or so I watched him play.

BriansRams

"Rams next Superbowl is 2023 season." - (Oct 2022)
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Camp Reporter
Name
Brian
Would you trade a day 3 draft pick, for McCown and cut/trade Foles. My thinking is you get a more consistent QB and although a small upgrade its falls under "leaving no stone unturned" card.

Still believe do what is needed to get Wentz @ 1st overall pick!

I would take absolutely anyone over Foles. Yes, McCown in a heartbeat.

JackDRams

Hall of Fame
Name
Jack
I would take absolutely anyone over Foles. Yes, McCown in a heartbeat.

How does this matter? Foles is not the starter. So your gonna give up draft picks for a backup likely to be cut? It makes no sense. Keenum is going nowhere. Mannion is going nowhere. So the only logical move is Foles for McCown straight up. If we draft a rookie, that player is cut anyways.

Akrasian

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
How does this matter? Foles is not the starter. So your gonna give up draft picks for a backup likely to be cut? It makes no sense. Keenum is going nowhere. Mannion is going nowhere. So the only logical move is Foles for McCown straight up. If we draft a rookie, that player is cut anyways.

Yes, we're trying to upgrade the starter, not the second or third string QB. Certainly we wouldn't want to give up ANY resources to improve that position at this stage.

Foles will be kept around for part of training camp, because injuries do happen, and they will want 4 QBs going into the start of camp. The only way he's not around for then is if some team trades something of value for him, even if the value is fairly small. The Rams are short on draft picks, after all, and may wish to move up.