Worst play by play announcers

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
This last week Rams Raiders was Horrible. Worst I’d ever seen.Won’t get into name calling.

Play by play is not looking into the camera first off.Yes Talib is great & beautiful.His connections with Ram players is cool,but he is still raw & learning.
The first Holding Call. Does anyone know who it was on ? I could go on.

The Garrett tip.Can you please report it when it happens.Telling us by the way Garrett tipped the ball 2 series ago before those 2 sacks.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
The sideline reporter? I know he was a call in because as Andrew says the woman reporter had to go to a Wedding.
This dude ask DeSean about coming from Crenshaw playing at Darby & Poly High. How does it feel to Play for The LA RAIDERS at SOFI stadium just blocks away from where it all started ?

oops! There were many mistakes

LARAMSinFeb.

Hall of Fame
Aqib is my current favorite for the reasons you mention--he knows so many players and coaches and he's like a voice from the inside of the Rams. I wish he was doing more games. I think he said he's slated for 8 this year?--not even sure if he meant Rams games.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
Demarco Farr would do a better job with the play by play. The radio group is much better. MJD- aka Maurice Jones Drew is good.
I guess JB is not bad,but he was not that good during training camp. He had no view though & bad camera angles I’m sure. I actually liked him doing the play by play,must have missed my calling.

Anyone who went to training camp early on or had to stand in line. Wow- hearing the voice over & over & over & over & over. 4-5 hours straight.

the announcement then WHOSE HOUSE!! Thanks JB

The Best WHOSE HOUSE though was Classic. 20 minutes before the End of Training Camp was over.The Rams getting ready to run End Zone.The Bleachers & sides were full.
Here comes this guy with a BEER
in hand. It’s BUBBA RAM!!
Gets up there points at the crowd like he is leading an orchestra.
BUBBA RAM YELLs
WHOSE HOUSE!!!!
Then he goes sits next to Veteran Rams who had a beer in hand as well.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
Hard to ignore the trend towards less formal in a lot of things we do.

Google the most notable work example. Casual clothes. Playful offices.

From an NFL standpoint… Bellicheck wearing hoodies on the sideline. Others do that now too.

Romo as announcer, from a contribution standpoint, ushered in a more causal approach to call a game.

Talib, takes that a little further. It appears fans find this appealing…

Also coming this year… the parallel broadcast by the Manning’s... which is geared toward a more casual style.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
Aqib is my current favorite for the reasons you mention--he knows so many players and coaches and he's like a voice from the inside of the Rams. I wish he was doing more games. I think he said he's slated for 8 this year?--not even sure if he meant Rams games.
Sort of upsetting(disappointing) though with Andrew Siciliano & field reporter. It’s LA for Gosh Sakes. A possible SuperBowl contender.
Dan Foutes I’m guessing is on the other Sundays.
The Radio is good,but I can’t ever really do it because of NFL regulations ?

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter

From an NFL standpoint… Bellicheck wearing hoodies on the sideline. Others do that now too.

Romo as announcer, from a contribution standpoint, ushered in a more causal approach to call a game.

Also coming this year… the parallel broadcast by the Manning’s... which is geared toward a more casual style.
Interesting thought.

I liked a Amazon Prime last season.
Saw Niners beat the Cards ? Not sure which team I wanted to win. I think the 9ers because of Playoffs if the Cards would have won ?

Hearing the sounds of the players not edited was cool. The thing was every time you had to sign in saying it was okay to here bad language.

LARAMSinFeb.

Hall of Fame

That's an interesting insight--I guess I hadn't even fully realized the extent of that trend. I just like having that really inside perspective from Aqib mainly, but also enjoy his personality. I also like how he was unhappy about the way he was let go, but quickly moved on from it, has a larger perspective, and seems to still like McVay, etc.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
Talib is a good analyst. He'll give you the secondary outlook in few words which is nice since live feeds you can't see those guys half the time. I always prefer someone who knows coverages for that reason. This is why QBs tend to do really well as analysts too IMO. Most of those guys I am fine listening to.

His prob is he's not polished. I don't mind that but when it comes to the big bucks you need that polish.

The guy I hate most is Collinsworth. And in general I detest any analyst who is so lazy that they just blow whoever made a play like he was the greatest player ever. Give me some truth in what you're seeing. Spin's fine but there has to be something solid or I'll just turn the sound off.

On Rams broadcasts I am ok with MJD but he gets lazy quite a bit. I'd take Talib over him any day man. Talib don't bullshit and I love that.

LouisvilleRam

Hall of Fame
Didn't Talib last week say that Burgess was fighting for a roster spot? Not sure about that unless he knows something we don't know.

snackdaddy

Who's your snackdaddy?
Name
Charlie
I don't know how anyone else feels about him, but I really like listening to Tony Romo. He seems to get genuinely excited during a game. And he loves to guess the next play. He'll explain why he thinks a certain play should be called.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
I don't know how anyone else feels about him, but I really like listening to Tony Romo. He seems to get genuinely excited during a game. And he loves to guess the next play. He'll explain why he thinks a certain play should be called.

Romo is great. He is what every network is searching for now.

Like you, I prefer Romo’s style and explanations.

I am also looking forward to the Manning’s broadcast this year. I bet it’s unique.

Classic Rams

Hall of Fame
Name calling? Beth Moens.... who sounds like a female Marv Albert chewing the side of her face? Oh no.. I won't lower myself to that!

snackdaddy

Who's your snackdaddy?
Name
Charlie
I like Aqib Talib's energy in the booth. But he doesn't have a voice that matches a football player. Kinda sounds like Chris Tucker. And he tends to show more love to DB's than he should. I guess that would be expected.

Jacobarch

Hall of Fame
Name
Jake
I was wondering is there a reason why their booth looks like a closet with rams blankets hanging on the walls? I mean this is a brand new stadium wouldn't they want to showcase a nice booth? Lol

oldnotdead

Legend
I think Talib assumed it was like the "old" days when in the last game only the guys not making the roster played. But it was clear that McVay used the last game to give game experience to players that are raw, but not necessarily PS only guys. Perkins is going to make the roster unless there are factors we don't know about. Harris is going to make the roster but he needs actual game experience. His route running is the issue. Perkins was clearly forcing the ball to him and I think that was intentional from McVay. Burgess is in there because he missed a lot of time and is behind the curve, not that he won't make the roster. Burgess IMO was on the field for the same reason as Tutu.

McVay used this game as he normally would have used game 3 during a 4 game pre-season. Personally, I like the 3 game format and hope it becomes permanent.

It was also clear how well Carberry has begun to develop these young guys. Kromer's approach was for the young guys to sink or swim there was precious little development. IMO guys like Whitworth did more to develop players than Kromer, and it's why Noteboom who has always been under Whit's wing was better than the interior guys. Now Shelton looks more like the guy I expected him to be. Evans is shaky but I think he makes the PS with Anchrum getting more coaching on playing inside where IMO he belongs.

Alaric is definitely a keeper and Meredith could take Evan's spot on the active 53. Evans should clear waivers without a problem and with another year of Carberry's coaching, he might prove to be the player they thought they drafted. Making a positional change is always hard in that first year as he was primarily looked at as an OT by Kromer.

What I'm concerned about is how Morris will play the secondary. What I've seen over the pre-season is he's playing a conventional zone style and not the aggressive style implemented by Staley. If that holds true with the ones I will be concerned. I know he was hampered by having to play Harris and Orr both of who lack the speed to play the way Staley's aggressive style would have required. I'm hoping that is the case. I think both Harris and Orr hit the waiver wire.

I would anticipate B. Brown to begin the season on PUP and possibly ending it on IR. This will allow them to carry SJD who will probably get them a comp pick if allowed to play out his contract. With Robinson, Hoecht, Gaines, and SJD they have guys to play 1T.

Hoecht played a lot of 3T which would put him in a position to be AD's rotation something I expected. Jonah Williams looks to have earned a spot on the 53 as he has played both 3T and 5T, looking best at edge. I can easily see him playing outside on early downs to get penetration and disrupt any outside runs, setting up Hollins as the pass-rushing edge. Or Morris can simply use him the way Fox was used. Williams is faster and stronger than Fox and is still developing.

I'm glad Chris Garrett is flashing his potential and is looking like the player I saw in his game films and not at the Senior Bowl. He's still raw but his potential is clear.

KIser always looks good in TC and pre-season. The problem is he can never stay healthy during the regular season. Do they trust him now at the expense of another player? Reeder and Young are ahead of him and they drafted Jones specifically to take his place. They might only keep 3 ILBs and Howard is better in coverage. I think they will keep 4 ILBs but Rozeboom has clearly separated himself from Howard and Kiser and we can see why he was a priority UDFA by many teams. He will not clear waivers IMO.

Yep some hard calls but not if the calls are objective and about their play and not a matter of drafted or not drafted.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
I think Talib assumed it was like the "old" days when in the last game only the guys not making the roster played. But it was clear that McVay used the last game to give game experience to players that are raw, but not necessarily PS only guys. Perkins is going to make the roster unless there are factors we don't know about. Harris is going to make the roster but he needs actual game experience. His route running is the issue. Perkins was clearly forcing the ball to him and I think that was intentional from McVay. Burgess is in there because he missed a lot of time and is behind the curve, not that he won't make the roster. Burgess IMO was on the field for the same reason as Tutu.

McVay used this game as he normally would have used game 3 during a 4 game pre-season. Personally, I like the 3 game format and hope it becomes permanent.

It was also clear how well Carberry has begun to develop these young guys. Kromer's approach was for the young guys to sink or swim there was precious little development. IMO guys like Whitworth did more to develop players than Kromer, and it's why Noteboom who has always been under Whit's wing was better than the interior guys. Now Shelton looks more like the guy I expected him to be. Evans is shaky but I think he makes the PS with Anchrum getting more coaching on playing inside where IMO he belongs.

Alaric is definitely a keeper and Meredith could take Evan's spot on the active 53. Evans should clear waivers without a problem and with another year of Carberry's coaching, he might prove to be the player they thought they drafted. Making a positional change is always hard in that first year as he was primarily looked at as an OT by Kromer.

What I'm concerned about is how Morris will play the secondary. What I've seen over the pre-season is he's playing a conventional zone style and not the aggressive style implemented by Staley. If that holds true with the ones I will be concerned. I know he was hampered by having to play Harris and Orr both of who lack the speed to play the way Staley's aggressive style would have required. I'm hoping that is the case. I think both Harris and Orr hit the waiver wire.

I would anticipate B. Brown to begin the season on PUP and possibly ending it on IR. This will allow them to carry SJD who will probably get them a comp pick if allowed to play out his contract. With Robinson, Hoecht, Gaines, and SJD they have guys to play 1T.

Hoecht played a lot of 3T which would put him in a position to be AD's rotation something I expected. Jonah Williams looks to have earned a spot on the 53 as he has played both 3T and 5T, looking best at edge. I can easily see him playing outside on early downs to get penetration and disrupt any outside runs, setting up Hollins as the pass-rushing edge. Or Morris can simply use him the way Fox was used. Williams is faster and stronger than Fox and is still developing.

I'm glad Chris Garrett is flashing his potential and is looking like the player I saw in his game films and not at the Senior Bowl. He's still raw but his potential is clear.

KIser always looks good in TC and pre-season. The problem is he can never stay healthy during the regular season. Do they trust him now at the expense of another player? Reeder and Young are ahead of him and they drafted Jones specifically to take his place. They might only keep 3 ILBs and Howard is better in coverage. I think they will keep 4 ILBs but Rozeboom has clearly separated himself from Howard and Kiser and we can see why he was a priority UDFA by many teams. He will not clear waivers IMO.

Yep some hard calls but not if the calls are objective and about their play and not a matter of drafted or not drafted.
I see how you played that into Bobby Evans nicely. Your points other than that Imo a fairly spot on.
QB ? - wow as Mcvay I credit Zac Robinson first & Kevin O’Connell as well. Both of them together are so smart & detailed.

Definitely hard decisions to make.Will see about the injury reports.Anchrum made the team last night as well as Hoecht.
What about TE ? Hopkins all of a sudden start to play a little.Blanton makes it tough though.He keeps making catches & laying his body out. to make those TD & over the middle catches.He does not shy away .

Steve808

Pro Bowler
Name
Steve
The two hacks that call the whiners game on the radio are the worst ever. They way they announce, you'd think the whiners never commit a penalty that they deserve and every call that doesn't go their way is a horrible call.