With the 176th pick in the draft the Rams select John Kelly RB

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

LA_Rams_#29

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
LA Rams 29
I must say...Kelly is a real punishing runner... a grinder...not super breakaway speed...but he's a physical runner... I don't think he passes Brown on the depth chart...but he's definitely goes some tools

Mackeyser

Supernovas are where gold forms; the only place.
Name
Mack
I disagree in that I think once he learns the protection schemes, he’ll supplant Brown, but not before then

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
I disagree in that I think once he learns the protection schemes, he’ll supplant Brown, but not before then
I think the key will be his pass blocking, if he shines in that I could see a shift to him.

ramfan46

Pro Bowler
I read somewhere that he grew up skateboarding as well. That would definitely help explain the amazing balance through contact he has. Really excited for a 6th round back that doesn't have elite speed. He just looks like a hard nosed RB that could do a little of everything.

NERamsFan

Pro Bowler
Had to stop half thru his highlights to share my love for the guy, BEAST! Poor man’s (tiny man’s) version of Lynch. Love his confidence and juice, dude FIGHTS to the end.

Love the pick, could be this year’s STEAL!!

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
Have a colleague at the office who has the surname of Kelly and has a three year old named John. Just texted him that his son will be getting John Kelly jersey for his birthday.

I like Rams

Hall of Fame
Kid runs like Stacy but faster. I like'em. Don't see him taking Browns spot but Davis may be on the chopping block. Was hoping to see Davis on the field last year but it wasnt in the cards i guess.

LA_Rams_#29

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
LA Rams 29
This is just sinking in with me...but regardless of whether Kelly surpasses Brown.... We have a really solid running back trio now.... both Brown and Kelly are tough down hill runners.... You can develop them in the passing game as well.. now that Tavon is gone, we have snaps to give guys like Brown and Kelly.... Instead of looking at them competing against each other.....Lets appreciate the fact that we have a tandem like Brown and Kelly now.... Huge upgrade for us

gogoat1

Pro Bowler
Name
Troy
In his promo vid 40 yard time is 4.25. Thats Chris Johnson fast. Sure was a big difference on his combine time.
21+MPH too. That is near Gurly like.
Are they straight up lies or what ?

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
In his promo vid 40 yard time is 4.25. Thats Chris Johnson fast. Sure was a big difference on his combine time.
Are they straight up lies or what ?
Yeah, I questioned that too. In the same videos where he is running free, but two defenders are angling toward him 10 yards away and they caught and tackled him. With 4.25 speed, they don't catch him.

dolphinlover123

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Loved his reaction on the phone call. And liked the kid a lot leading up to the draft so I'm happy with this pick.
Yup loved his emotional reaction. Definitely my fan fav pick.

Think he makes the 53? I'm thinking maybe he makes the PS the first year beating out Justin Davis (if he's still with us that is).

ReddingRam

Hall of Fame
Kid runs like Stacy but faster. I like'em. Don't see him taking Browns spot but Davis may be on the chopping block. Was hoping to see Davis on the field last year but it wasnt in the cards i guess.
Davis can still sta because we normally carry 4 RB's. All depends on how many of each other positions we keep.

Soul Surfer

Legend
Name
Charles Mazyck
I think this is the role they envisioned for Lance Dunbar.
A third down back that can really catch.

Soul Surfer

Legend
Name
Charles Mazyck
In his promo vid 40 yard time is 4.25.

Maybe he can get up to 21 mile per hour, it just takes him a little longer to get up to speed. :D

Like VW Bug versus Lamborghini.

Mackeyser

Supernovas are where gold forms; the only place.
Name
Mack
Yeah, I questioned that too. In the same videos where he is running free, but two defenders are angling toward him 10 yards away and they caught and tackled him. With 4.25 speed, they don't catch him.

Depends when that happened.

NO ONE is running a sub 4.3 in the fourth quarter...

It's why change of pace backs can be devastating at the end of a game.

Ram65

Legend
Kelly is a very hard runner. Not sure who is better Brown or Kelly. I guess Kelly is the better pass catcher. I was thinking a quicker over a power runner as TG backup. We will see how it shakes out. I do like Kelly's power which can help wear down defenses.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Depends when that happened.

NO ONE is running a sub 4.3 in the fourth quarter...

It's why change of pace backs can be devastating at the end of a game.
True...but everyone is out there, so speed degrades equally? The fast guy should still be faster than the slower guys in the 4th quarter, shouldn't they? (starters, anyway)