Why do I get joy from the misery of others?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Thordaddy

Binding you with ancient logic
Name
Rich
RamFan503 said:
Meh. Go ahead and post them. Especially the funny ones. I find it hard to believe that KD, for example, is going to have a problem with it. In fact, it'd probably be a regular read for him. I can actually see him giggling at some of them and saying, " Hey Les - Check this one out.".
Yeah,I agree, IMO if ya got a guy posting who's gonna show his ass, anything and everything will set him off , so walking on egg shells around them is useless.
I loved the post and thought several of those were creative. Sometimes the best way to see your team is through OTHER FANS eyes so JMO , keep it coming .
I tells ya enough of life is limited for good people because others don't know how to behave.
Look at pooty, comes here engages in some banter, keeps his head ,it's good, IMO the kid has a future blogging,glad to have him.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
Memento said:
RamFan503 said:
Meh. Go ahead and post them. Especially the funny ones. I find it hard to believe that KD, for example, is going to have a problem with it. In fact, it'd probably be a regular read for him. I can actually see him giggling at some of them and saying, " Hey Les - Check this one out.".

If this site was getting quoted - especially the quotes of people who get upset (like myself) - after a loss, wouldn't you be furious at the site who was quoting us? Something like this could easily turn into a shitfest like the Atlanta/St. Louis thread on mlb.com (trust me, you do NOT want to know what is going on there). This site was built for positive Rams fans who were tired of all of the bullshit, drama, and negativity of certain other sites. All we'd be doing with that is inviting all three of those things in.

I'm not saying to tone down this site; that's why I stay here. I'm not asking us to stop talking smack about opposing teams before and after the games; I do that as well. I'm not even discouraging the idea itself; quoting the opposing fans who give our team props and/or are knowledgable about what went on in the game is so much more gratifying than quoting the negative people. I just feel that quoting the negative replies after losses is very similar to kicking a dog when it's lying in the dirt. You just don't do that. It's bush-league stuff, and I feel that we're better than that.

Just my honest opinion.

Honestly? No. If we start going PD on this site then we deserve it. I always figure if you say something - especially in print - it can be used against you. If you don't want it reprinted, don't type it. And if someone uses stuff we wrote here, I'm guessing the people on that site will merely get a chuckle out of it.

One suggestion I would make is to leave out which site it came from or the link to that site. Simply saying something like "here's what their fans are saying after the game" or something to that effect is good enough.

Ram Quixote

Knight Errant
Name
Tim
RamFan503 said:
Memento said:
RamFan503 said:

If this site was getting quoted - especially the quotes of people who get upset (like myself) - after a loss, wouldn't you be furious at the site who was quoting us? Something like this could easily turn into a shitfest like the Atlanta/St. Louis thread on mlb.com (trust me, you do NOT want to know what is going on there). This site was built for positive Rams fans who were tired of all of the BS, drama, and negativity of certain other sites. All we'd be doing with that is inviting all three of those things in.

I'm not saying to tone down this site; that's why I stay here. I'm not asking us to stop talking smack about opposing teams before and after the games; I do that as well. I'm not even discouraging the idea itself; quoting the opposing fans who give our team props and/or are knowledgable about what went on in the game is so much more gratifying than quoting the negative people. I just feel that quoting the negative replies after losses is very similar to kicking a dog when it's lying in the dirt. You just don't do that. It's bush-league stuff, and I feel that we're better than that.

Just my honest opinion.

Honestly? No. If we start going PD on this site then we deserve it. I always figure if you say something - especially in print - it can be used against you. If you don't want it reprinted, don't type it. And if someone uses stuff we wrote here, I'm guessing the people on that site will merely get a chuckle out of it.

One suggestion I would make is to leave out which site it came from or the link to that site. Simply saying something like "here's what their fans are saying after the game" or something to that effect is good enough.
I gotta agree with 503. While the idea of staying above the PD-type masses is why we are here, football and its fans are never above a thread or 2 about smack-talk, including some that target the fans. Certainly we don't want to overdo it but let's not take all the fun out of a win. Overdoing it is sending agents to the fans' website to :pokeu: by posting the smack-talk threads, all the while leaving a trail back to ROD. Which would be the only way they'd know in any case. Most times after a loss I'm too busy being depressed to visit the other team's victorious web site.

If another team's fans did the same after we lost a game, I don't even think we'd be aware of it, provided they weren't being assholes about it.

Besides, who's going to go to all the trouble to find posts that compliment the Rams? That's turning something that was once fun into a chore.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
I was thinking the same thing about after a loss. I may look for this stuff before the game but I'm not haunting ANYONE's site after they beat my team.