Who are you rooting for at RB?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
CoachO said:
CGI_Ram said:
CoachO said:
As the previous 4 pages have proven, NO ONE is even acknowledging Ganaway is still in the mix. Out of sight out of mind?

IMO, there is a reason they went out and got him last year the day he became available.

But; there is also a reason the Rams traded their remaining picks to move up for Stacy. So, I don't think the Rams are sold on Ganaway.

Then again; I don't think until the games begin we know where these guys are at. Ganaway could be the man that emerges, particularly if he can block and protect the football. We just don't know right now.

My only point to Ganaway, is he is the only true BIG back on the roster. I get that Stacy isn't "small", but he is not 240 lbs, either.

Pead and Richardson are "scat" backs at 197 lbs. Even Cunningham is listed at 209. They list Stacy at 216, so if and when they need to "move the pile" and get that 4th and goal yard, who are you gonna decide on?

I am not saying that is the sole reason Ganaway is getting a look. But watching him, along with the other 4 guys, Cunningham included, they all are in the mix.

I just find it interesting that most people in here have already written Ganaway off, because they don't even remember he is here.

Fair enough. And... I get your point. A big back like Ganaway is something we don't have in the others. That could work to his advantage. I definitely could see that happening.

paceram

Pro Bowler
den-the-coach said:
Benny Cunningham..Bigger than Pead & Richardson, faster than Stacy and everytime he scores a TD we can say... "Ram Bam Cunningham!"

+1 (Cunningham is definitely one of my sleeper picks for the Rams!)!

RamzFanz

Damnit
Dr.RamsFanCK said:
Ok so we've gained some insight from a few days worth of camp....my questions for you is: Who is the RB you are rooting for now? Has that changed since the start of camp?

Me, I'm Rooting for Zac Stacy

Why:

From what I've heard thus far he seems to be one of the better pass blockers we currently have in the backfield....that is huge to me when I considering the type of offense we are developing (regardless of what Fisher says about run first :razzed: ) Add this to his style of running (my favorite btw) down hill and tuff, and you have my front runner. Reports indicate he looks way better in pads, lays the boom and if I'm not mistaken he busted a 30 plus yard run on Monday. That run has literally been the only long running play I can remember hearing about....if there are others someone who has the pleasure of going to Rams Park please let me know!

My old front runner:

Pead....he is physical....just the way I like it. However this could be trumped by his want to bounce outside and his pass blocking skills....not to mention the suspension. :huh:

So who's your favorite and has that changes since the start of camp?

Zac Stacy. I love his highlight videos. Fast decisions, shoots through the holes, breaks tackles, has some elusiveness, will lower his shoulder and deliver a penalty for coming at him, can bounce off defenders and keep going, can move piles.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
Dr.RamsFanCK said:
Rabid Ram said:
Honestly not really impressed wirh anyone overall at this position.

Cop out :yawn: Pick your favorite of the non impressive backs sir :cool:

I'll cop out even more. I'm rooting for whoever brings it come game time. I don't have a "guy" until I see consistent production over a couple years. Think of the Broncos under Shanahan. I'd be good with that. Or for that matter, a committee of RBs that produces and if one gets traded or drops off, the next one fills the void. This may be a little more realistic for us over the next couple years anyway.