Whiners

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

rams24/7

Pro Bowler
Name
Nick
Imo their window as LEGIT contenders is closing. 2014 may be the last year they are a SERIOUS threat to make the SB. Sure they'll still have key players in 2015, but imo even great teams can only sustain a great team for 3-4 years in the days of the salary cap.

I think that the 2013 whiners were worse than the 2011 & 2012 teams. Imo those teams had very good chances of winning the SB and they blew it. Opportunities are few and far between in the NFL.

The 2014 whiners will arguably worse than the 2013 team, and don't forget that Kaeperdick is due his big fat contract before 2015. As it stands right now, they have $126M under contract, plus they have some key FAs.

-WR Anquan Boldin
-CB Tarell Brown
-K Phil Dawson
-C Jonathan Goodwin
-SS Donte Whitner

The reason I'm bringing this up, is because I believe our team is on the rise, whereas I think you will see a slight decline each year by SF in the coming years. I think a good offseason and the Rams will pass the Cards, and a good-great season and we COULD pass SF to have the 2nd best record in the division. Not ready to say we're close to Seattle, because they're good-great in almost every position (with depth), but I think the Rams can close the gap this year with another good draft, developing talent, and the niners having to make tough personnel decisions.

The Kaep & Wilson contracts will be the great equalizers in the West in 2015.

Sum1

Hall of Fame
I believe the Seahawks have some players going into free agency this year too.

BigRamFan

Super Bowl XXXVI was rigged!
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Craig

Sum1

Hall of Fame

BigRamFan

Super Bowl XXXVI was rigged!
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Craig
In the NFCW we appear to be in the best position from a FA standpoint. The only "key" loss we may have to absorb is Saffold, IMO.

rams24/7

Pro Bowler
Name
Nick
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter

Luckily we only have 2 FAs I'd really like to resign (Saffold, Dunbar). The key ones for the hawks imo are Taint, Giacomini, Bennett, McDaniel, McDonald, & Hauschka

RamBall

Legend
Camp Reporter
Name
Dave
I believe K.Demoff said the way the Rams are structured they should not have any cap problems for about 9 yrs. I'm sure some of this is based on projected cap increases, but I remember him saying something about the JL and CL contracts being structured the way they are to give the players the money they deserve and at the same time give the team flexibility down the road. It seems that the Rams have a master plan among the top 3, KD,JF, and Snead to build with youth and keep the cap managed for a long run.