Which FA Center??

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

blackbart

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim
If you could pick, which one do you think is the best fit?

I don’t watch many other teams and it’s hard for me to watch linemen during a game.
143C606E-B199-41DC-9BC5-EC3A51A779C2.png

Jorgeh0605

You had me at meat tornado.
2023 ROD Fantasy Champion
I personally like the idea of grabbing a guard and letting Corbett play center

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
Yeah he wouldn't even need to learn a new offense. Plug him right in and go.

I'm sure as tight as Sean and Matt are that the Rams will get the inside scoop on him too, if there is one.

Neil039

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Linsley obviously for play and age. Mack can definitely pass block, Run blocking is not so great. Pouncey is a thug, but that might be what the team needs on the line.

Barrison

Hall of Fame
Name
Barry
Sign Warford to offset the compensatory pick formula and let there be an open competition among the OL that have been cross trained to play center.

PhillyRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Scott
If you could pick, which one do you think is the best fit?

I don’t watch many other teams and it’s hard for me to watch linemen during a game.View attachment 43409
Umm.... Where are we getting the cash to sign a guy?

I am thinking we keep Williams, which on a one yr tender won't be cheap. And I like the idea of keeping Floyd and he may want to stay to get a shot at a ring.

Then thats it I am thinking. So I would like to see Corbett at C and a more physical RG being drafted. Can get a really good G in the 3rd since they slide.

Or draft a physical C...

blackbart

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Umm.... Where are we getting the cash to sign a guy?

I am thinking we keep Williams, which on a one yr tender won't be cheap. And I like the idea of keeping Floyd and he may want to stay to get a shot at a ring.

Then thats it I am thinking. So I would like to see Corbett at C and a more physical RG being drafted. Can get a really good G in the 3rd since they slide.

Or draft a physical C...
I have no idea how they figure the money out and don’t really try to follow it. Last year everyone thought we were screwed and yet they still figured out a way to make some moves.

Lots of people saying we’re need to solicit hay spot and I can’t argue with that.

I think the way we handle the QB position says they want bonafide stud who can handle the line calls, pass pro and run blocking schemes.

Going all in for me says you don’t scrimp on the Oline.

SWAdude

And don't call me Shirley
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
John
We need leadership at the center position. Moving an established Rams lineman to the center position is a great idea. I say we move Whit now hear me out.

Established leader. Less mobility. Wicked smart.

It is a 90/10 risk but what the hell. It is what wins championships!

Disclaimer: After being on this site for close to three years I had no idea blue font meant sarcasm. How did I do for a first timer?

Or do I have an interesting point?

Hmmmmmmm.....................

Neil039

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
We need leadership at the center position. Moving an established Rams lineman to the center position is a great idea. I say we move Whit now hear me out.

Disclaimer: After being on this site for close to three years I had no idea blue font meant sarcasm. How did I do for a first timer?

I’m color blind...I have missed a whole lot of sarcasm lol

TexasRam

Legend
If we are going with the win at all costs and screw the future mentality then we might as well do it.

There is no tip toeing around. Need to Redo some contracts and bring in the best center you can.

All this money gets pushed out to 22 and 23 where we already started pissing away our high draft choices.

So target Linsley and then go down the list of you can't get him.

Mack is up there in age at 35 but hes a 6 time Pro Bowler, 3 time all pro and one of the best centers the last decade. Given the fact that he is older is might be a good last stop for him before we have to pay the piper.

Not sure how he played last year though or if he started his decline.

Pouncey is 31 and has multiple Pro Bowls but ended the season with a hip injury so.

Mackeyser

Supernovas are where gold forms; the only place.
Name
Mack
If they're gonna go all in, then go all in.

Max restructure AD, Ramsey, Woods and Kupp. Extend Stafford to afford more cap relief this year.

Get BOTH Warford and Linsley.

Don't fuck around. Get the best guys and get ready to rock.

We're not on a half in path.

I not only push all the chips in, I grab the chip from my sock as well... the cab money chip...

Cuz freak it... at this rate it's a limo home or it's walkin...

matt30

Rookie
Name
Matt
Someone posted the PFF pass blocking stats.

Pass Blocking

26th Blythe
31st Edwards
41st Corbett
9th Whitworth
43rd Hav

3 guys that are a total liability. Big changes needed there if we want Stafford to shine.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
Someone posted the PFF pass blocking stats.

Pass Blocking

26th Blythe
31st Edwards
41st Corbett
9th Whitworth
43rd Hav

3 guys that are a total liability. Big changes needed there if we want Stafford to shine.

If you get a good pass blocking center it will elevate the level of play of the guards to some degree. But I agree, Corbett is disappointing in pass blocking as well as Rob. But those two can do some grading in the run game. I don't know how PFF figures their grades, but from the eye test Blythe looked to be the worst of them.

Mackeyser

Supernovas are where gold forms; the only place.
Name
Mack
This is why I'd go all in on Corey Linsley and Larry Warford.

Why fart around. Are we all in or not?

If McVay and Snead trot out the same OL... I'll be upset.

XXXIVwin

Hall of Fame
If they're gonna go all in, then go all in.

Max restructure AD, Ramsey, Woods and Kupp. Extend Stafford to afford more cap relief this year.

Get BOTH Warford and Linsley.

Don't fuck around. Get the best guys and get ready to rock.

We're not on a half in path.

I not only push all the chips in, I grab the chip from my sock as well... the cab money chip...

Cuz freak it... at this rate it's a limo home or it's walkin...
I’m with ya on “going all in.”

Not looking forward to the complaints from some here about “mortgaging the future,” but it is what it is.

Tampa Bay went “all in”, and obviously it served them well. They got Brady, Gronk, Ndamokung Suh, Fournette, and Antonio Brown, just to name a few. As their coach (Arians) says, “No risk it no biscuit.”

Rams have a legit chance here. Let’s freaking GO.

TexasRam

Legend
If you get a good pass blocking center it will elevate the level of play of the guards to some degree. But I agree, Corbett is disappointing in pass blocking as well as Rob. But those two can do some grading in the run game. I don't know how PFF figures their grades, but from the eye test Blythe looked to be the worst of them.

The pass blocking isn’t going to be rebuilt overnight. But it doesn’t have to.

Even with the 2017/2018 line you had Havenstein who struggles at times, RG Blythe/Brown and Sullivan who would get overpowered.

But you had a really solid 4 run blockers in Whit/Saffold/Sullivan/Havenstein

That awesome run game was usually top or top 3. The goaline run was automatic and the playaction pass feasted.

The pass pro rating will look a lot better even with average pass blockers.

But also get a top blocking TE to take that run game to the next level as we see with Kittle.

If we do get a top FA G and C then that is even better. I would use Edwards as depth because as we saw, one injury to a lineman in the playoffs and the protection is entirely compromised (I.e, Evans).

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

Welcome to the blue font tribe....