Where Oh Where Is Kent Sterling When You Need Him?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Angry Ram

Captain RAmerica Original Rammer
What they are saying is that the Rams can't count on Bradford either because of his performance when healthy or because he is an injury risk. They think the Rams can find a rookie who is a better solution than Sam, if not this year than at least long term.

I happen to like duck's viewpoint. Snead wants that 2015 first rounder in a trade down this year. If Bradford doesn't cut it, they we have 2 first rounders to get our QB next year.

I don't believe putting all our eggs in the Bradford basket is a wise plan beyond this year.

Sam gets this year. Some are unwilling to concede that it's a possibility that Sam may not be good enough. I disagree with them. I think we should be prepared if Sam doesn't cut it this year, for whatever reason, including getting hurt again.

The rookie thing irritates me the most.

Reason why Sam is getting chastised as much as he is is b/c he and "he alone" couldn't get the team to the playoffs. And a possible rookie QB can? Doubt it.

Injuries aside...when I look for a QB that needs to be replaced, I look for a problem. Is he making dumb decisions, costing victories, unable to drive the field for go-ahead scores (i.e. being "clutch")? The answers regrading for Sam is a big fat hell no. To me.

bluecoconuts

Legend
I think the fact that Sam was around every day, and at the games was pretty impressive. Not only at the games, on the sidelines cheering with his teammates. Most of the time QB's go down they sit at home and watch on TV, maybe go up into a box for a big game or something, they're not really around (from what I can tell)... Correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't Sam travel with the team as well? Anyone who thinks he's a 'turd' is an idiot.

And Sam is our guy, he has all the talent we're looking for, we just need to get him a team with talent to win. Rome wasn't built in a day, and neither are football teams. We're getting much closer, Sam probably would have had us at 9-7 or 8-8 this year, next year with even more talent, I think we're going to be a challenging team. If we're not then we will address the situation then, but at this point I don't see a need to panic.

Mister Sin

Your friendly neighborhood fat guy!
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim
I think the fact that Sam was around every day, and at the games was pretty impressive. Not only at the games, on the sidelines cheering with his teammates. Most of the time QB's go down they sit at home and watch on TV, maybe go up into a box for a big game or something, they're not really around (from what I can tell)... Correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't Sam travel with the team as well? Anyone who thinks he's a 'turd' is an idiot.

And Sam is our guy, he has all the talent we're looking for, we just need to get him a team with talent to win. Rome wasn't built in a day, and neither are football teams. We're getting much closer, Sam probably would have had us at 9-7 or 8-8 this year, next year with even more talent, I think we're going to be a challenging team. If we're not then we will address the situation then, but at this point I don't see a need to panic.
I noticed that, he was even at the away games i think. I thought that was pretty damn cool of him.

max

Hall of Fame
Name
max
I am a Bradford fan. I don't want another QB this year, rookie or vet.

But I will say this. If we are ever to win the NFC West, Sam is going to have to play at a very high level with Wilson in the division now. That kid is just going to get better and better. I don't think we can win it with Sam just being decent. We won't win the West with an Alex Smith.

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Before the season, there was talk of the Rams extending Sam. Not a whimper now. Fish said Sam is the guy for 2014. Didn't address beyond that. There may be more to the injury thing than we hear in the press. Who knows for sure.

that works both ways. no way sam's agent is gonna work on an extension after sam went on ir in week 7.

he will let sam increase his value next season.

the rams want to lock up sam on the cheap but why would they take that risk now, not knowing how sam will come back. and after seeing what cutler just got they have sam at a relatively cheap rate right now for next season.

i think all involved will be happy if the rams have to pony up at the end of next season with a huge extension. that will mean sam played well and the rams made the playoffs.

ChrisW

Stating the obvious

But I will say this. If we are ever to win the NFC West, Sam is going to have to play at a very high level with Wilson in the division now. That kid is just going to get better and better. I don't think we can win it with Sam just being decent. We won't win the West with an Alex Smith.

Wilson isn't that great. That's the reason we stacked the box in the first game against the hawks and all but shut down their offense. You take away Marshawn, and they aren't shit.

RFIP

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
I understand what you're saying and I agree but don't bury your head in the sand with Wilson, he's bust isn't being cast just yet. All I know is we've played him zr times and he got his ass beat up every. Single. Game. And had it not been for Jenkins horrific cb play vs a very over rated Taint things should have been different even without Sam.

Also, far too many people get caught up in QB vs QB instead of QB vs the D of the opp. Do you really think in all of Peyton's MANY playoff losses that he was the worse QB?

Was Hostettler better than Kelly? Eli better than Brady (twice)? Was Simms better than Elway?

Yet people get caught up in this logic time and time again.

I know this much, when the Rams make the 2014 playoffs, if their defense gives Sam a chance he will not disappoint.

tonyl711

Starter
the thing that pisses me off about these people who want to throw Sam in the bust pile is that they don't look at what Sam has had to go through in his first 4 seasons. 4 seasons and 3 different offenses to learn, a steadily changing line of WRs none of which you could call a true #1 WR, an offensive line that couldn't block.
fast forward to this last season, he is finally in the same offense for 2 years in a row, he has better recievers (even though they were playing like rookies when Sam was in there), and the offensive line actually blocked for him. and what happens? he is having his best year yet before he gets hurt.

PressureD41

Les Snead's Draft Advisor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Eddy
Who's the poster with Deacon as a sig? He had a long post about how he was sick of the Rams and was going to give up if they didn't take Manziel or some other QB with the #2 pick.

Does he have any rams jersey for sale them, cause Sam is our guy

Alan

Legend
moklerman asked:
Who's the poster with Deacon as a sig? He had a long post about how he was sick of the Rams and was going to give up if they didn't take Manziel or some other QB with the #2 pick.
I'm pretty sure that was NorCalRamFan.

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
Wilson isn't that great. That's the reason we stacked the box in the first game against the hawks and all but shut down their offense. You take away Marshawn, and they aren't shyte.

The tweet you have in your sig is funny as hell......aluminum zimas! Long is a one liner machine.