When did you become part of the Ram Herd?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

In What era did you become a Rams Fan?

• 1946-1960 - The Golden Era

Votes: 7 6.2%
  • 1960-1972 Blue and White/ Fearsome Foresome years

Votes: 43 38.1%
  • 1973 - 1980 Ground Chuck through Move to Anaheim

Votes: 24 21.2%
  • 1981-1990 The Dickerson and Zampese Decade

Votes: 9 8.0%
  • 1990-1998 - The Lean years and the Move to The Lou

Votes: 8 7.1%
  • 1999- 2010 -GSOT - B.S. (Before Stan took Majority control)

Votes: 20 17.7%
  • 2011-Present -Stan, Snish, and the Return

Votes: 2 1.8%

• Total voters

…..

Legend
Rare photographic evidence of @DaveFan'51 's first Rams conversation

[GALLERY=media, 152]ThCAOXWOGK by Dog posted Jul 3, 2016 at 2:12 PM[/GALLERY]

Leuzer

Daniel Leu
I have pictures of me in Rams shirts as early as age 3, but I never really cared about football. Then when I was 10 years old, my dad was watching the Rams on tv and I saw Torry Holt make this spectacular grab against the Seahawks. I was hooked from then on.
Torry Holt Catch.gif

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
I became a Rams fan in the right year: 1999. I went to the game against the Saints, and I was hooked. Became even more hooked after they won the Super Bowl.

Wolfecola

Wubba Lubba Dub Dub
My furthest memory of the Rams goes back to Madden 94 on the Genesis; my stepdad would always pick the Raiders and I would always pick the Rams. It was the horns and the colors. This was before Carolina had a team, with most of the people around here following the Falcons or Cowboys.

Isaac Bruce was the first Rams player I idolized. It actually hurt physically to watch him wear a Whiners uniform.

A55VA6

Legend
Well I was born in 1991 so I had just started getting into football in the late 90's. 1999 was my first full season watching and I quickly chose the Rams because I liked the uniforms and I also had family from the STL area - so I knew alot about the Rams already. Torry Holt and Marshall Faulk were my favorite players. I got my first Faulk jersey in 2001 I believe, sadly I lost it and don't have it anymore.

shaunpinney

Hall of Fame
Early 80's I think 83 or 84. My brother was / is a raiders fan. I saw Eric Dickerson run over and around the Bears and he looked so cool - been a fan ever since.

Dxmissile

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I actually moved to stl from memphis the same year the rams did. I was 6 at the time and i have been a fan ever since. I remember watching tony banks at qb it was terrible but it was awesome at the same time. Then we win the superbowl over the titans i call my uncles them back in memphis and just shouted SUPERBOWL CHAMPS and hung up..

Florida_Ram

Hall of Fame
It was a long long time ago when I became a part of the Ram Herd.. I just know I was somehow born in the herd family.

My first memory was of a great Shepard named Ray Malavasi.

1287520800_1287467604_baby-costumes-for-halloween-10.jpg

Passion for your team can start at a very young Age for some of us.... :yess:
tumblr_n3xjqxfnzi1rbvja1o3_r1_400.0.gif

The Good Shepard
ray.png

Rambitious1

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tom
1970 was the year.
My dad was a Southern California transplant from (ironically) Missouri - He adopted the Rams and so did I.
My brother did as well. Been a fan ever since.

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
1973 Chuck Knox...Highlights Gentlemen!...Dick Vermeil was the backfield coach.

Last edited:

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
My furthest memory of the Rams goes back to Madden 94 on the Genesis; my stepdad would always pick the Raiders and I would always pick the Rams. It was the horns and the colors. This was before Carolina had a team, with most of the people around here following the Falcons or Cowboys.

Isaac Bruce was the first Rams player I idolized. It actually hurt physically to watch him wear a Whiners uniform.

That was hard to look at twice a year for the two years he was there.

I don't remember him doing much in any of the games though, so that's good.

And I think he got deloused to get the 9er stink off.

Wolfecola

Wubba Lubba Dub Dub
That was hard to look at twice a year for the two years he was there.

I don't remember him doing much in any of the games though, so that's good.

And I think he got deloused to get the 9er stink off.

I remember he had a TD or two against us in the dome. And I remember the crowd still cheering "Bruuuuuuuce" hahaha

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
'67 for me. I'm a third generation Rams fan. My dad used to ride his bike to their practice facility on his way back from school. The Rams have been about my relationship with my dad more than the game itself. We are 5-0 on going to games together. I've been to many more than that but two of them included OT wins against the shitchickens - including last season's opener. We were also in Seattle for the 2004 seventeen point rally and win in OT. What a great game to shut those bandwagoners up. Been a little rough up there since then though. But before last season, that was the last game my dad and I had been to together.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
A cherished toy thing, that I am still thinking of re-purchasing, was a kids blue & white helmet...I still can't believe I got rid of that (I suspect my parents):wtf:
Yeah - I had the full kids uniform when I was 5. Helmet, lint pads in the pants, shoulder pads... first thing I did was put the helmet on and ram the stucco wall in front of our house so my helmet would look like Merlin's.

I feel like that old guy on the front porch I have told that story so many times here. Oh well.... memories.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
December 5, 1971. RAMS beat the Saints 45-28 in LA. Willie Ellison had his huge rushing day. I watched my first NFL game on our TV that had nothing but snow and distortion. But, I watched the blurry picture for the whole game. Hooked on the Horns since that day. And, I thank GOD above every single day that for whatever reason...I think it was divine intervention, that the STINKIN' 9ers were not on TV at that time.
GO RAMS!!!!!
So funny. I remember sitting on the floor of my grampa's house watching the game on a black and white with rabbit ears. We could make out what was going on through the snow until my grandma would walk by the TV sending it into squiggles and static and my grandpa's inevitable "get away from the TV Del - goddammit!"

Roman Snow

H.I.M.
Name
John
This was a pretty hilarious shot from Christmas 1974. I was nine. The sad thing was: I am the one in the DOLPHINS jammies. My little niner-loving front-runner brother is wearing the Rams stuff.- Early Blue and Yellow era. (Mom got the teams wrong on her shopping trip.:mad: Maybe that explains the shocked look on our face) Funny thing is, the little niner-lover was a Redskins fan back then- (Joe Montana was still in high school.)

Oh well. My Ram love was 3-4 years old by then. I had a John Hadl poster on my wall around 1971-72. I don't clearly remember the blue and whites. But I remember Jack Snow and Harold Jackson, Despite my ROD name, I don't remember watching Roman Gabriel- just my dad talking about him. We were in the early years of Knox here. En-route to our STILL STANDING NFL RECORD 7 straight division titles. 1973-1979. (y)

*Hey @Tron check out that TV buddy. State of the art! You were born too late. Suck it pal! :banana:

Christmas.jpg

fearsomefour

Legend
Rams were big dogs in the SB. The closest any team has come to having a SB at home. That game was in the Rose Bowl. The Rams were in the Coliseum. One play stopped them from completing one of the biggest upsets. Do you remember who threw the first Ram's td?
Going off of memory....I remember a half back pass....Lawrence Mccutcheon?