Whats up with all the Pead love?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
In my honest opinion, the fact that we're debating about five different backs getting the starting job speaks volumes about this team's depth at the position and how far we've come from the dark days. Honestly, I don't care who wins this job. They all have qualities that can help them succeed.

Ram4life11

Rookie
Come on ppl, everyone is way to high on Pead. IMO he will be lucky to be the #2 or 3 back... The way I see it
1. Stacey or Cunningham
2. Richardson (Change of pace)
3. Stacey or Cunningham
I have Richardson there at the 2 spot bcus he did beat out Pead for the 2 spot last year...

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
Ram4life11 said:
Come on ppl, everyone is way to high on Pead. IMO he will be lucky to be the #2 or 3 back... The way I see it
1. Stacey or Cunningham
3. Stacey or Cunningham
I have Richardson there at the 2 spot bcus he did beat out Pead for the 2 spot last year...
Honestly? I don't see how you can rank any of them if you're using Pead's lack of production at the pro level as a reason for Stacy or Cunningham's ascent to the top of the depth chart (who also have no production at the pro level).

Whoever emerges is going to have to earn it, and that includes Pead AND Richardson. I like that there's a lot of competition at the spot for once, and not just Jackson and whoever else isn't privileged enough to share his carries. RB by committee is probably how it's gonna start off until someone shows that they deserve the Lion's share of the touches.

Ram4life11

Rookie
X said:
Ram4life11 said:
1. Stacey or Cunningham
3. Stacey or Cunningham
Honestly? I don't see how you can rank any of them if you're using Pead's lack of production at the pro level as a reason for Stacy or Cunningham's ascent to the top of the depth chart (who also have no production at the pro level).

Whoever emerges is going to have to earn it, and that includes Pead AND Richardson. I like that there's a lot of competition at the spot for once, and not just Jackson and whoever else isn't privileged enough to share his carries. RB by committee is probably how it's gonna start off until someone shows that they deserve the Lion's share of the touches.

I rank them in that order, because Richardson and Pead were drafted as change of pace backs. They're both less than 200 pounds, which makes them to small to be every down backs. Stacey and Cunningham are both about 220 pounds with good speed, and pretty good football IQ. There just the everyday RB's you see on a normal basis...

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
Ram4life11 said:
X said:
Ram4life11 said:
1. Stacey or Cunningham
3. Stacey or Cunningham

I rank them in that order, because Richardson and Pead were drafted as change of pace backs. They're both less than 200 pounds, which makes them to small to be every down backs. Stacey and Cunningham are both about 220 pounds with good speed, and pretty good football IQ. There just the everyday RB's you see on a normal basis...
Fisher doesn't take the workhorse approach with his running game though. Even if Stacy or Cunningham prove to be solid contributors, neither is going to be the sole RB on the team or end up with the bulk of the carries. Fisher likes the Lendale White/Chris Johnson model. The "thunder and lightning" or "smash and dash" approach. Pead is right around 200 lbs and is more of a tweener. He has speed, he has power, and he has explosiveness. So does Richardson, to a lesser extent. How this all shakes out is going to be worth watching, but there's no way anyone can rank this stable of RBs at this point. Especially not based on weight.

You know, IMO and all...

Ram4life11

Rookie
nighttrain said:
last high pick used by Fisher on a RB was CJ, same build as Pead.
train

Big difference there, Cj ran the 4.2 in the forty. Pead has great speed but no Cj comparison speed.

Ram4life11

Rookie
X said:
Ram4life11 said:
X said:
Ram4life11 said:
1. Stacey or Cunningham
3. Stacey or Cunningham

Fisher doesn't take the workhorse approach with his running game though. Even if Stacy or Cunningham prove to be solid contributors, neither is going to be the sole RB on the team or end up with the bulk of the carries. Fisher likes the Lendale White/Chris Johnson model. The "thunder and lightning" or "smash and dash" approach. Pead is right around 200 lbs and is more of a tweener. He has speed, he has power, and he has explosiveness. So does Richardson, to a lesser extent. How this all shakes out is going to be worth watching, but there's no way anyone can rank this stable of RBs at this point. Especially not based on weight.

You know, IMO and all...

I'm not buying the RB by committee to much, I think Fisher will use it early in the season, since most of the backs are unproven. But as soon as he finds the back he's most comfortable with, that's when the RB committee ends...

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
Ram4life11 said:
X said:
Ram4life11 said:
1. Stacey or Cunningham
3. Stacey or Cunningham

I'm sorry, but we didn't draft Pead in the second round with the needs we had that year to be a mere change-of-pace back for the rest of his career. Pead was drafted as a Lesean McCoy-type back, one who could take the reins when Jackson left or retired. And I don't think guys like McCoy (208), Ray Rice (209) Chris Johnson (191), Warrick Dunn (187), and Maurice Jones-Drew (206) have had much problems with their weight, have they?

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
Ram4life11 said:
nighttrain said:
last high pick used by Fisher on a RB was CJ, same build as Pead.
train

Big difference there, Cj ran the 4.2 in the forty. Pead has great speed but no Cj comparison speed.
Yeah, but didn't you just say that sub 200 lb backs can't be every down backs? And that's why Pead couldn't be ranked ahead of Stacy or Cunningham? C.J. averaged about 300 carries a year and 46 receptions. Similarly, LenDale White had 300 carries in 2007 as the featured back, but then C.J. took over that role and White took a backseat to Johnson in the pecking order. I don't know what that means exactly. Except for that maybe Fisher just wants the best player (the one more capable of scoring) to get the most carries.

albefree69

Hall of Fame
Name
Alan
X beating the old man to the punch:
Yeah, but didn't you just say that sub 200 lb backs can't be every down backs? And that's why Pead couldn't be ranked ahead of Stacy or Cunningham? C.J. averaged about 300 carries a year and 46 receptions. Similarly, LenDale White had 300 carries in 2007 as the featured back, but then C.J. took over that role and White took a backseat to Johnson in the pecking order. I don't know what that means exactly. Except for that maybe Fisher just wants the best player (the one more capable of scoring) to get the most carries.

I was just going to say almost the same thing. Go ahead, take advantage of an old disabled guy. :whuu: :ahight:

Can't change your criteria in mid stream. :lol:

Ram4life11

Rookie
Memento said:
Ram4life11 said:
X said:
Ram4life11 said:
1. Stacey or Cunningham
3. Stacey or Cunningham

I'm sorry, but we didn't draft Pead in the second round with the needs we had that year to be a mere change-of-pace back for the rest of his career. Pead was drafted as a Lesean McCoy-type back, one who could take the reins when Jackson left or retired. And I don't think guys like McCoy (208), Ray Rice (209) Chris Johnson (191), Warrick Dunn (187), and Maurice Jones-Drew (206) have had much problems with their weight, have they?
If Pead wasn't drafted as a change of pace back, what exactly was his purpose? Fisher doesn't see him as a featured at all, and I don't either. If fisher saw him as a featured back down the line, I'm sure he would have went out of his way to make sure he got more than 5 carries last year. As 4 those superstars u named they all came into the NFL well known with big upside except Chris J, which his 40 yard dash made up. Can we say the same about Pead???

Ram4life11

Rookie
X said:
Ram4life11 said:
X said:
Ram4life11 said:
1. Stacey or Cunningham
3. Stacey or Cunningham

You know, IMO and all...

Yeah I get what your saying, but from about 99-04 Fisher was a big time 1 RB guy, with Eddie George being the main workhorse. And like I said before I'm not buying the RB by committee thing. There will prolly be a RB by committee for the 1st few games, til fisher finds the breakout back he wants. And I'm sure it want be Pead, speaking of the fact that Richardson outplayed him last yr and proved he was much better than Pead.
(Oh and that's not a opinion, it's a fact)

jap

Legend
Ram4life11 said:
Yeah I get what your saying, but from about 99-04 Fisher was a big time 1 RB guy, with Eddie George being the main workhorse. And like I said before I'm not buying the RB by committee thing. There will prolly be a RB by committee for the 1st few games, til fisher finds the breakout back he wants. And I'm sure it want be Pead, speaking of the fact that Richardson outplayed him last yr and proved he was much better than Pead.
(Oh and that's not a opinion, it's a fact)

No, it's an opinion, and a very uninformed one at that.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
Ram4life11 said:
If Pead wasn't drafted as a change of pace back, what exactly was his purpose? Fisher doesn't see him as a featured at all, and I don't either. If fisher saw him as a featured back down the line, I'm sure he would have went out of his way to make sure he got more than 5 carries last year. As 4 those superstars u named they all came into the NFL well known with big upside except Chris J, which his 40 yard dash made up. Can we say the same about Pead???

Actually - Fisher said several times that Pead was drafted not as just a change of pace back but a future main feature of the running game. I'm not sure why everyone thinks that a change of pace back always has to be the fast guy. It's not called a speed up the pace guy. You can have a speedy back as your featured back and then punch people in the jaw with your power guy.

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
RamFan503 said:
Ram4life11 said:

Actually - Fisher said several times that Pead was drafted not as just a change of pace back but a future main feature of the running game. I'm not sure why everyone thinks that a change of pace back always has to be the fast guy. It's not called a speed up the pace guy. You can have a speedy back as your featured back and then punch people in the jaw with your power guy.

Exactly. Sjax was told this was the plan and he couldn't pack his bags fast enough.

I'm not sure why alot of fans can't get with the programme.

Ramhusker

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Bo Bowen
Ok, I agree with a lot of what has been said here. Pead hasn't stepped up yet. Pead has skills. Maybe Pead has been distracted by what happened last July. And yes, we have a stable of capable backs. Yes, Fisher is probably going RB by committee. But, if one of these guys starts ripping off 7, 11, 17, 21 yard runs on a consistent basis, you don't think he will start to get the lion's share of carries? Of course he will and the RB situation will right itself in short order. In any case, I think us RAMS fans are in for a SHOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :ja: (Each little green star represents one of our new star RBs.)

albefree69

Hall of Fame
Name
Alan
Ramhusker seeing stars:
Ok, I agree with a lot of what has been said here. Pead hasn't stepped up yet. Pead has skills. Maybe Pead has been distracted by what happened last July. And yes, we have a stable of capable backs. Yes, Fisher is probably going RB by committee. But, if one of these guys starts ripping off 7, 11, 17, 21 yard runs on a consistent basis, you don't think he will start to get the lion's share of carries? Of course he will and the RB situation will right itself in short order. In any case, I think us RAMS fans are in for a SHOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :ja: (Each little green star represents one of our new star RBs.)

:plus1: :lol:

…..

Legend
I was going to comment...but I think the little green stars say it all.