What's all this talk about giving up?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

AZRamsFan93

No but it has been a long standing policy that if someone starts down the broken record path where everything they post is negative, they will be urged to find another site.
Fair enough.

If this site becomes all about how great it is to be a Rams fan when they are 1-15, then many will likely disengage regardless. It is fun to debate and discuss football - what is really happening on the field on Sundays.

I get enough political correctness while watching the news. If that means you want to kick me out of here then so be it.

BigRamFan

Super Bowl XXXVI was rigged!
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Craig
Fair enough.

If this site becomes all about how great it is to be a Rams fan when they are 1-15, then many will likely disengage regardless. It is fun to debate and discuss football - what is really happening on the field on Sundays.

I get enough political correctness while watching the news. If that means you want to kick me out of here then so be it.
Debate and discussions have never been discouraged here. It it the repeated pissing and moaning by forum members who have all the "answers" that is not appreciated. And, just to clarify, I am not saying that's what you are doing. Just making the point that this not the site for those who enjoy that sort of thing.

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
Fair enough.

A comment by you from the vent thread where we give members a lot of room to piss and moan: "This team has no heart. The forty niners just beat them up."

The team has no heart? Really? I let it go because it was on that thread but that is not my idea of "fun debate and discussion of football" as you posted earlier. No one wants to kick you or anyone else out of here, in fact we'd like all of you to stick around if you are so inclined but expect to be challenged for your comments.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
Fair enough.

It IS fun to debate and discuss football. But at the point when posters post several times on a single thread or several threads and all of them talk about the same shittiness they see, it becomes less about debating and discussing our Rams and more about a piss fest.

So given the choice, I'll err on the side of homerism.

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
As far as the original question goes,( Giving Up!? ) I say; "I'll stand with this Little Guy!!"
images44 (2).jpg
(It's my USMC Training!)

AZRamsFan93

A comment by you from the vent thread where we give members a lot of room to pee pee and moan: "This team has no heart. The forty niners just beat them up."

The team has no heart? Really? I let it go because it was on that thread but that is not my idea of "fun debate and discussion of football" as you posted earlier. No one wants to kick you or anyone else out of here, in fact we'd like all of you to stick around if you are so inclined but expect to be challenged for your comments.
Maybe I misunderstood the meaning of a "vent thread"?

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
Maybe I misunderstood the meaning of a "vent thread"?

Maybe you didn't read all of my post?

"A comment by you from the vent thread where we give members a lot of room to piss and moan: I let it go because it was on that thread."

But now that kind of "the sky is falling" posting has continued on this thread and others. That was the point. Not you, myself, nor anyone else knows exactly how the rest of the season will go down. Why not assume things will get better? They sure can't get much worse. :cool:

ozarkram

Hall of Shame
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Cancer or being realistic?
This is exactly why politicians exist in this world because you can butter something up and call it something else and talk about it, debate, hope for change blah blah blah or be realistic of what the situation actually is and call it by the facts.

We are poorly coached, and When I say poorly coached I mean 1 sack in 6 games poorly coached. or refuse to make adjustments throughout the game poorly coached. The facts are on this "negative cancers" side.

And yes we have a incredible amount of talent on this roster that our two coordinators refuse or are to ignorant to use unlike the DeSpags days. Look, I've been as positive and as optimistic as anybody over this last decade plus but the way Fisher is allowing these issues to go unchecked is a disaster and a lack of realism on his part IMO. Stay the course my ass Captain Ahab. FIX crap!!

Which year in this rebuild are we supposed to actually have a winning season? 2006? 2007? 2008? 2009? 2010? 2011? 2012? 2013? 2014? These are all professionals that we support and it's their job that they get paid millions to perform. I don't think it's unreasonable to expect something in return out them for almost a decade.

You have your opinion, I have mine, and I'm going to post mine and there are those of us that think what I'm saying but don't post it. If that's negative then so be it. God I hope we turn things around this season like we do in our games so far but I see us Sucking for the Duck right about now.
The word I used was cancer and that's what I meant. But it was not directed at you. If you took it that way I am sorry. These things always seem to come down to the same entitlement debate. I am entitled to my opinion yada yada and if you don't like it well you can kiss my bleep. Well if that is accepted here then more power to you. Enjoy the board.

rickrawk

Starter
Name
Rick
"Realists" and constantly negative people need to start their own forum somewhere else and get the f*** away from the Best Rams forum there is!!!

GO RAMS!!!!

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
Debate and discussions have never been discouraged here. It it the repeated pissing and moaning by forum members who have all the "answers" that is not appreciated. And, just to clarify, I am not saying that's what you are doing. Just making the point that this not the site for those who enjoy that sort of thing.

This pretty much sums it all up.

Thordaddy

Binding you with ancient logic
Name
Rich
Fair enough.

Sure it's fun to debate,but when people frame their POV as the "realist's" they imply something negative IOW unrealistic about the other POV and the person who holds it ,it's dismissive , offensive and emphatically NOT debating ,it is a method of intellectual dishonesty called "label and dismiss".

I will give you NOW 10/1 odds in Rod bucs up to and including $17 million (my money) which pretty well covers your bank roll that this team finishes better than 1-15 ( your numbers not mine) do we have a bet?

AZRamsFan93

Sure it's fun to debate,but when people frame their POV as the "realist's" they imply something negative IOW unrealistic about the other POV and the person who holds it ,it's dismissive , offensive and emphatically NOT debating ,it is a method of intellectual dishonesty called "label and dismiss".

I will give you NOW 10/1 odds in Rod bucs up to and including $17 million (my money) which pretty well covers your bank roll that this team finishes better than 1-15 ( your numbers not mine) do we have a bet?
Nope, as I think they will do better than 1-15 as well.

Looking at the schedule, if the Rams don't clean it up soon (like yesterday) they easily could be 1-8, and we will all be talking about the 2015 draft.

RamsSince1969

Ram It, Do You Know How To Ram It, Ram It
Rams On Demand Sponsor
We need a "Blue" flag for the coaches to toss and it challenge a poor call by the refs, it goes to HQ somewhere in a bunker where a third party looks at the call and makes the determination.
That OPI was the turning point of the game (obviously), was a horrible call and might be the straw that broke the camel's back in terms of showing we need a change.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
The word I used was cancer and that's what I meant. But it was not directed at you. If you took it that way I am sorry. These things always seem to come down to the same entitlement debate. I am entitled to my opinion yada yada and if you don't like it well you can kiss my bleep. Well if that is accepted here then more power to you. Enjoy the board.

Great example of where I was going and thank you Ozark. There IS no entitlement and it is NOT accepted here. I don't want to belabor the point. But I don't care how long you've been posting here or who you think you are. If you find yourself only wanting to vent then you need to find another site on which to do it.

For fucks sake - go to the Boobie thread and have some fun or find an off topic item to post - something. Find something fun to do here. Just save all the "this guy should be fired" or "couldn't sack groceries" or "we suck" for someone else. It doesn't belong here.

There is plenty to debate here without just pissing on or about the team. If you can't figure out how, then just don't post here. Pretty simple really. It may not seem fair, or that we want to squelch open debate, or that we are trying to ignore the problems. But it doesn't take much in the great wide internet to go from relaxing your standards a little to becoming just another site where people think it's ok to fling shit at the walls, the team, and other posters.

So enjoy the community that is ROD. It's really a great place to be. Just don't fuck it up.

The Rammer

ESPN Draft Guru
Name
Rick
So you admit to being one of those " people who enjoy posting negative ad nauseum"

See, I didn't name anyone in that post ,glad you came forward , admitting you have a problem is always the first step.
I realize you think we are poorly coached ,but we are in receipt of combined over 100 years of coaching experience ,there isn't a single team in this league that is poorly coached just good better and best, these guys have forgotten more about football than you and I know together,that's the reality of it.
What I will never understand about "enjoying " even reveling in the negativity is what the payoff is,how it makes you feel better ,if you think the drumbeat you are sounding in the end is going to make things better for anyone,most of all yourself.

Further since I didn't name you I'd like to know by what authority you think you can tell another poster they will take it and "like it",I think from looking at your post count you aught to know by now that the tough guy ethos with other posters is not appreciated here, in fact it is the very type of thing that this board was created to avoid.
Every fan here hurts from the losses ,some wallow in the misery some look for the positives and acknowledge the progress, our decision which way we go doesn't establish "reality" it only reveals what we want to focus on.
And where in my post did I exactly say "enjoy negativity and nauseam"? No where is the answer. So apparently it's not me assuming it's you. You think because you have more posts here your somebody? That your right? That you can bully me into what 'you' think is right? Did I attack any other poster? No. Have you made this personal attack on a individual which is me? Yes.

Apparently you need to get off your high horse and take off your sheriffs badge because it's not needed. It wasn't needed and obviously you need a hug Sheriff.

Furthermore,
I reserve the right to post my opinion as per the rules on this forum. If you don't like it press that ignore button next to my name. It's not rocket science.

Ohhh btw the most negative guy on this board spraying Debbie Downer nausea just spent 1300$ booking flights, hotel, and tickets for the Rams vs. Broncos a hour ago. Maybe I'll be able to witness that ' elusive sack' everybody talks about...... Wait that was negative. Sorry. Have you spent any money supporting our team this year?

The Rammer

ESPN Draft Guru
Name
Rick
Wasn't directing my response to you personally but to the homers who don't realize what a suck job we've done this season. I myself am a constant upbeat and positive Ram fan over my fandom (ex. Give slags more time! Fml! Lol) and can't say I've ever been this down since SB36. The reason I'm not on those other websites is the negativity, which I'm not trying to be ' that person here' but trying to be realistic, our coaching is horrible.

Ram Quixote

Knight Errant
Name
Tim
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Wasn't directing my response to you personally but to the homers who don't realize what a suck job we've done this season.
Do you hear yourself? You rail at TD for attacking you, then dismiss all the optimists as "homers." Give reality a rest. PLEASE.

Oh yes! The Rams have been the worst they've ever been over the last decade. Fact is, the Rams have been competitive 4 straight games. Give credit where credit is due.

Thordaddy

Binding you with ancient logic
Name
Rich
And where in my post did I exactly say "enjoy negativity and nauseam"? No where is the answer. So apparently it's not me assuming it's you. You think because you have more posts here your somebody? That your right? That you can bully me into what 'you' think is right? Did I attack any other poster? No. Have you made this personal attack on a individual which is me? Yes.

Apparently you need to get off your high horse and take off your sheriffs badge because it's not needed. It wasn't needed and obviously you need a hug Sheriff.

Furthermore,
I reserve the right to post my opinion as per the rules on this forum. If you don't like it press that ignore button next to my name. It's not rocket science.

Ohhh btw the most negative guy on this board spraying Debbie Downer nausea just spent 1300$ booking flights, hotel, and tickets for the Rams vs. Broncos a hour ago. Maybe I'll be able to witness that ' elusive sack' everybody talks about...... Wait that was negative. Sorry. Have you spent any money supporting our team this year?

Name calling isn't gonna get you anywhere .
Telling me I would take it and "like it" isn't bully verbiage ?

As far as reserving "the right" in all your time posting you've never discovered that posting is a privilege ? really ?

Now as far as the "post count " goes ,where did I conjure that?

You replied to my expression of dismay with the repetitive negativity , in quite a negative fashion, you made the case against yourself.
Yes I have spent some money supporting the team this year ,I have 4 tickets to this Sundays game club level seats ,$32o + per seat , I gave three of them to the top three donors to my team in the Luekemia Lymphoma "Light the Night Walk" at Forest Park in September. My teams name :" Rich and Laurens Half Fast Walkn' Club" you can look us up on the web . Oh and we have on field passes as well ,I'll relay to the coaches your confidence in them.
NOW could you tell me why it matters if I spent money ? I'd really like to know what thought process engendered that question.

Last edited: