What UGA Fans Are Saying About Their BS OC.

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

thirteen28

I like pizza.
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Erik
My theory is that Schotty actually went on his own volition, with him seeing this as the best move for his career. He wants to get a HC job, but it probably wasn't going to happen in the NFL at the rate things were going, and he's missed on a couple of college opportunities. So perhaps he figures that if he can be OC for a good college offense (definitely a possibility at UGA) then he's got a better chance of landing a HC job in the college ranks.

However, that theory is pure speculation, and as such, is worth every penny that you paid me to write it. ;)

Boffo97

Still legal in 17 states!
Name
Dave
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
My theory is that Schotty actually went on his own volition, with him seeing this as the best move for his career. He wants to get a HC job, but it probably wasn't going to happen in the NFL at the rate things were going, and he's missed on a couple of college opportunities. So perhaps he figures that if he can be OC for a good college offense (definitely a possibility at UGA) then he's got a better chance of landing a HC job in the college ranks.

However, that theory is pure speculation, and as such, is worth every penny that you paid me to write it. ;)
I agree with all of that.

The thing is, anything we could possibly think of is pure speculation. Those who were convinced that Schotty was the main problem are going to believe the quietly urged to leave theory no matter what because it's what best fits their preferred narrative.

For those who don't think that, we're going to believe other theories.

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
I think it's less about money and more about job prospects. One strong year at UGA and he'll get a college HC job. One or two strong years there and he'll get a NFL HC job.

Whereas here, unless the offense rises top 5-10 levels, he'll likely not get a NFL HC job.

Not sure about that a lower college Head Coaching job, but it will take much longer than a year. It took Mike Bobo four years to get the job at Colorado State. At the collegiate level they tend to like the experience as a Head Coach more than the high profile coordinators.

Look at Pat Narduzzi best DC in college football and it took some time before he got the gig at Pittsburgh. IMO, Schottenheimer will have to put together successful multiple years before getting an opportunity and I'm quite confident that will never come to fruition unless maybe at like Idaho for example.

HometownBoy

Hall of Fame
Name
Aaron
They're right, Schott's may not be very relevant on a NFL level, but on a college level I think it could own with the right personnel. Good move on his part, he's an average/mediocre guy in the NFL, but he'll probably be one of the cream of the crop of college.

rhinobean

Hall of Fame
Name
Bob
I'll have to check with our nephew about this as he's a GA alum and don't take a lot of ribbing from the Mizzou fan uncle in STL!

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Not sure about that a lower college Head Coaching job, but it will take much longer than a year. It took Mike Bobo four years to get the job at Colorado State. At the collegiate level they tend to like the experience as a Head Coach more than the high profile coordinators.

Look at Pat Narduzzi best DC in college football and it took some time before he got the gig at Pittsburgh. IMO, Schottenheimer will have to put together successful multiple years before getting an opportunity and I'm quite confident that will never come to fruition unless maybe at like Idaho for example.

Pat Narduzzi and Mike Bobo didn't spend nearly a decade in the NFL as a coordinator and aren't the son of a legendary coach.

If Georgia's offense has a strong year, Schottenheimer will be getting offers from some of the best college jobs available. Don't underestimate what just being named Schottenheimer will do for him.

Mikey Ram

Hall of Fame
Name
Mike
True. Or maybe he's just burned out with all the hours and pressure the NFL has to offer.
College ball, by all accounts, is just fun.

Main reason I think the conspiracy shit is jut that, shit...Why in the hell could the guy not just have taken the job because he likes the thought of coaching in college ??? If the dollars were very similar, that would be a very easy thing for me to do...I would think that he has a far better chance of moving up the food chain at that level...And quite frankly, I'd like the fun aspect of it...It just must be a totally different ambience...I don't know more (many times less) than anybody here, but I just get tired of seeing everything having to have some subliminal meaning other than just the obvious...

Ramlock

Here we f’n go, baby!
Name
Ramlock
Ha, this is hilarious. They have some talent, but any skill player we have right now including Chris Givens would be the best on their team. Austin Davis would be the starter as soon as he stepped foot onto campus. You just can't compare college to the NFL. It's completely different talent wise. The worst of the worst here would destroy the best there.

They have tremendous talent with Top 10 recruiting classes every year.
In context, meaning UGA vs other SEC teams, they do have more talent than the Rams vs other NFL teams.

This year they played Todd Gurley, Nick Chubb, Sony Michel and the Marshall kid ....4 deep at tailback.
Hutson Mason was a bit weak at QB this year after Aaron Murray and Matt Stafford. They've been strong & deep in the O-line, have had big time TE's and that A J something or other at WR.

I don't think B97 was suggesting that Georgia was ready to compete in the NFL right now but they will be at the top of the SEC East and that puts you in the Top 25 if not Top 10.

Boffo97

Name
Dave
I don't think B97 was suggesting that Georgia was ready to compete in the NFL right now but they will be at the top of the SEC East and that puts you in the Top 25 if not Top 10.
Note that none of the thoughts in the OP are mine, but are from a UGA fan board. I'm certainly not an expert in college football, and would be very hesitant to say ANY college team was even in the same league as the worst pro team.

RamWoodie

Legend
Folks really ought to lighten up. It was Fisher who brought Schotty in. If Fisher thought he was sufficient that's who you ought to blame.

Ramlock

Here we f’n go, baby!
Name
Ramlock
Note that none of the thoughts in the OP are mine, but are from a UGA fan board. I'm certainly not an expert in college football, and would be very hesitant to say ANY college team was even in the same league as the worst pro team.

that's what I interpreted from your post....

UGA is a great college opportunity with every chance to win the SEC. If your team can win the SEC, they have a chance at the National Championship.

Boffo97

Name
Dave
Folks really ought to lighten up. It was Fisher who brought Schotty in. If Fisher thought he was sufficient that's who you ought to blame.
This is something I've been saying for a while now.

Boffo97

Name
Dave
that's what I interpreted from your post....

UGA is a great college opportunity with every chance to win the SEC. If your team can win the SEC, they have a chance at the National Championship.
It's possible some of the UGA fans I was cutting and pasting from think that. I don't know.

Ramlock

Here we f’n go, baby!
Name
Ramlock
It's possible some of the UGA fans I was cutting and pasting from think that. I don't know.

I do.

And they do think that.

My uncle is an UGA grad, my other uncle went to Auburn and I went to Arkansas. My boss went to Tennessee.

I follow the SEC a little bit.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
I can't wait to see what he does with consistently superior talent at Georgia. Will he live up to what Fish and the other coaches around the league think of him?

Call me a hater, but I expect to hear wailing and gnashing of teeth from first the Georgia faithful, then the players. I do wish him well and hope he succeeds, just don't think he will.

Ramlock

Here we f’n go, baby!
Name
Ramlock
I can't wait to see what he does with consistently superior talent at Georgia. Will he live up to what Fish and the other coaches around the league think of him?

Call me a hater, but I expect to hear wailing and gnashing of teeth from first the Georgia faithful, then the players. I do wish him well and hope he succeeds, just don't think he will.

^ this

I've been more neutral on Schott due to the deficiencies that he's worked around.

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
If Georgia's offense has a strong year, Schottenheimer will be getting offers from some of the best college jobs available. Don't underestimate what just being named Schottenheimer will do for him.

Oh believe I know, in fact, the only reason he continues to get gigs is because of his last name. For if his last name was Moore, he might still be an offensive assistant at Florida. And again I am very confident that the only thing Brian Schottenheimer will accomplish as offensive coordinator at the University of Georgia is getting Mark Richt fired!

Selassie I

H. I. M.
Name
Haole
All of the comments written by the UGA faithful LITERALLY shocked me. Since my lil brother is a GA Tech grad, the topic of UGA students has been bounced around within our circle for years.

I had no fucking idea any of them could read... much less write. :confused:

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Oh believe I know, in fact, the only reason he continues to get gigs is because of his last name. For if his last name was Moore, he might still be an offensive assistant at Florida. And again I am very confident that the only thing Brian Schottenheimer will accomplish as offensive coordinator at the University of Georgia is getting Mark Richt fired!

I think you'll be surprised then. As I said before, Jim Mora Jr. and Cam Cameron were less effective offensive minds at the NFL level who are having success in college.

MrMotes

Starter

Well he couldn't hit major league pitching but maybe this step down in class (to mix my metaphors) will be good for his floundering career...