What new player are you most excited about?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

FRO

Legend
This year in free agency the top 2 guys in my list were: 1) Jake Long 2) Jared Cook. If we were able to get one I would have been happy. We somehow got both.

The day of the draft I said a little prayer, my prayer was that we were able to get Austin and Ogletree in the first round. That happened.

If I were Les Snead these were the exact moves I would have made, which in the case of failure means I can't really criticize Les. I can't believe how great our offseason went.

With all that being said, I have a hard time picking which player I am most excited to watch. Is it Jake Long who could be the best LT in all of football? Jared Cook who is a freak and has developed chemistry with our QB? Tavon Austin who can score from anywhere and looks to be one of the most exciting players in the league? Alec Ogletree who has the talent to be the best 4-3 OLB in the league? I can't decide, who do you guys pick?

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
For me; Cook and Austin.

Probably Austin if I had to pick one. He's a one of a kind player.

Taking this thought a little further, it wouldn't surprise me if we nailed two superstars in this draft; Austin and Ogletree.

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
No doubt that Jake Long is up there, but all Ram fans want to see Tavon Austin turn on the juice. We want to be watching a Ram game with fans from the team we're playing against and when he catches the ball in the slot or returning a punt and they are chasing them we want to yell out "No" "No, you're not going to catch him."

My favorite quote from Austin was when he was asked to talk about the last time he was caught from behind and Austin pondered for a moment and then responded by scratching his chin: "I've never been caught from behind." Yeah I'm excited and sure glad Snead traded up to get him and that is why when I was at the draft watching it at a sports bar I sent over a drink to a Bills fan. :ww:

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
As anemic as the O has been for so long for me it's Austin. He's the one player that can make the most impact immediately so he's my choice.

And hey CGI I think you're right they may have copped two stars in the first round. Then add in Brockers and they could have hit three home runs!

OC--LeftCoast

Agent Provocateur
Name
Greg
Cook and Austin are dynamic additions, to me the key to the Rams offense taking the next big step is up front, and it begins with Jake Long, if he's back to form, good things are going to happen, if not...well I don't even want to go there.

libertadrocks

Hall of Fame
Tavon Awesome for sure. It's been a long time since the Rams had a big play WR that could score from anywhere on the field. Tavon gives them that element.

That said, Im excited to see a lot of the new guys. Cook, Ogletree, Cunningham, Jake Long, Bailey, and especially TJ McDonald.

bwdenverram

Legend
Name
BW
This is a tough one because I think both Long and Cook are both key signings. But if I have to go with two I have to say (1) Long, because when healthy is just a dominant player and really makes the OL solid. (2) Austin, I wanted him really badly and he brings something on offense and special teams that I don't know that we've ever had.
So excited for the season to get going!

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
libertadrocks said:
Tavon Awesome for sure. It's been a long time since the Rams had a big play WR that could score from anywhere on the field. Tavon gives them that element.

That said, Im excited to see a lot of the new guys. Cook, Ogletree, Cunningham, Jake Long, Bailey, and especially TJ McDonald.

Other than Az I can't recall anyone like that in a Rams uni. Faulk of course but he was a RB not a receiver. Bruce and Holt never had the elusiveness that Austin has. Az was pretty close and I don't think anyone else is now that I think about it.

HE WITH HORNS

Hall of Fame
Its Austin for sure, we haven't had speed like that in a LOOONG time. It started last year with Givens, and then adding Cook at TE, but Austin is the Cherry on top. I want to see him tearing it up in the dome. And if he returns a couple punts for TDs, we will win a few extra games just because of him.

ReddingRam

Hall of Fame
To tell the truth, I am excited about all of our young players. Even some of the UDFA's. I'm excited about LB's Stewart and Steward. S Cody Davis. CB Robert Steeples. These kids are all very talented and should have been drafted. They could end up providing great depth and even a couple starters in the near future.

As far as the drafted youngin's .... Austin, Ogletree, McDonald and Stacy all are in very important roles for us ... and if this team is going to make the "jump ... they need to be what JF and LS think they are.

2nd and 3rd yr guys Givens, Quick, Quinn, Jenkins, Johnson and Brockers. These guys are key cogs in this machine that is being put together. If they mature in the positive manner ... along with the class of rookies mentioned above, then our "rebuild" is nearly over and well on it's way to a solid foundation for several yrs to come.

So ... I am excited about everyone. I can honestly say I am not excited about just one or two. Because I am hoping that we are near that point where all needs are covered and we can just plug the final holes in next yr's draft and move forward to positioning ourselves for a Championship future for the next 4-10 yrs.

Happy Father's Day to all of you!

FRO

Legend
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
A lot of excellent responses. I guess if I had to pick one it would be Long. Having a guy who can dominate on the line makes everything better.

albefree69

Hall of Fame
Name
Alan
I'm going with Long too. It's great to have a high quality LT signed up for the foreseeable future.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
Though I'm excited about virtually all the new faces, I am most intrigued by Tavon. Pretty sure that if he is what I'm sure we all hope he is then he will be one fun dude to watch.

RamzFanz

Damnit
Hard call.

Without Long, I don't know how productive Austin or Cook could be. That being said, I think the explosiveness from different roles puts Austin at the top of the new player list for me.

The Rams D is amazing and I'm very excited about Ogletree, but the O has been so bad, I'm gonna love me some big plays!

What I'm MOST interested in this season though is Bradford. I'm betting on a breakout season and I really hope it comes to fruition.

TFSOT - The Fastest Show On Turf - 2013

albefree69

Hall of Fame
Name
Alan
RamzFanz hoping Sam has breakout season:
Hard call.

Without Long, I don't know how productive Austin or Cook could be. That being said, I think the explosiveness from different roles puts Austin at the top of the new player list for me.

The Rams D is amazing and I'm very excited about Ogletree, but the O has been so bad, I'm gonna love me some big plays!

What I'm MOST interested in this season though is Bradford. I'm betting on a breakout season and I really hope it comes to fruition.

TFSOT - The Fastest Show On Turf - 2013[/size]

I think the addition of Long will help immensely in that regard.

A55VA6

Legend
I'll go with Tavon. Only because he's a big playmaker and exactly what this team needs. I'm really excited to watch him.

SubZero405

UDFA
I'm going to say Jared Cook. As an Oklahoma fan, I watched Sam and Jermaine Gresham light people up all the time through the 2007 - 2008 seasons. I think a TE that has those same set of pass catching skills is going to be huge for Sam

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
SubZero405 said:
I'm going to say Jared Cook. As an Oklahoma fan, I watched Sam and Jermaine Gresham light people up all the time through the 2007 - 2008 seasons. I think a TE that has those same set of pass catching skills is going to be huge for Sam

I agree with you.

In addition; Tavon should burn up some check downs thanks to the space Cook creates.

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk 2

RamsNation

Rookie
Tavon Austin all day,this guy spells home run,big play,you name it.He is what our offense has lacked since the GSOT days,a player that is liable to house it every time he touches the ball and scares the crap out of opposing defenses.I can't wait to see him take the field.

nighttrain

Legend
den-the-coach said:
No doubt that Jake Long is up there, but all Ram fans want to see Tavon Austin turn on the juice. We want to be watching a Ram game with fans from the team we're playing against and when he catches the ball in the slot or returning a punt and they are chasing them we want to yell out "No" "No, you're not going to catch him."

My favorite quote from Austin was when he was asked to talk about the last time he was caught from behind and Austin pondered for a moment and then responded by scratching his chin: "I've never been caught from behind." Yeah I'm excited and sure glad Snead traded up to get him and that is why when I was at the draft watching it at a sports bar I sent over a drink to a Bills fan. :ww:
this guy id truly a difference maker, or I've never seen football
train