What makes the Buc game so vital to this season

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
We need this....Keenum needs it....Hey, how about getting Quick & Britt & Kendricks involved early....

6. The Rams have Owned the Buc's recently!

7. The Buc's have a Big habbit of turning the Ball over so far this Season!

8. The NFC West is all Tied-Up, and Next week we go to Arizona!

We Need to Win and Win Big! We Will!!(y);):mrburnsevil:
Liked your post...but I quoted you to say...

Lots of fun reading you're posts man!!!! Enjoy!

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
We need this....Keenum needs it....Hey, how about getting Quick & Britt & Kendricks involved early....

Liked your post...but I quoted you to say...

Lots of fun reading you're posts man!!!! Enjoy!

like.png

Rmfnlt

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
After the 9'er debacle, while most of us jumped off the ledge...I posted a "lone wolf" article predicting a bounce back against the Hawks. I didn't see any others that had similar posts.

Now I see celebration posts, posts about improving players, and recognition of the offensive limitations.

To me, this next game will indicate if this team will have a winning record this year. Fisher's history with this team has several key elements:

1. We do well in the NFC West but struggle against Non Conference opponents. The coaching staff purposely focuses energy and preparation within the division.

2. We do better at home than on the road.

3. We regularly lay eggs against supposedly inferior teams.

4. Stringing wins together is rare.

5. This offense is a looooonnnnggg way from being effective.

This game has the feel of last year's Redskins game. We should win. Last year we had beaten both the Hawks and Cards. The missing elements of preparation, passion against unfamiliar opponents, and consistency in previous years doomed this team to 7-9 BS. The Bucs are coming off a tough loss vs AZ. Chronicling Fisher's Ram history, this is where the real let down begins.

If we ground Tampa into the turf, look for a winning season. If not....I will try to enjoy watching this team train for next year.
To me, this is a great analysis of what we have done poorly in the past.

Bottom line is... we are a better team... we should win.

Period.

A loss will make me feel like we're headed in a bad direction again.

I know, it's only be one loss... but...

JoeBo21

Hall of Fame
THIS IS WHAT I'VE BEEN SAYING.. win a fucking game after beating Seattle and I'll start getting excited.

This shit happens every damn year man. It's not 7-9 bullshit.. it's FISHER bullshit

1maGoh

Hall of Fame
I worry about a QB who can throw it downfield..."CRAB LEGS" can do that and the secondary is the weakest link...Pass rush with containment is the key for me...I NEVER want to again see the Rams get abused up the middle of the field the way they did in SF...No excuse for that...Of course the thoughts about pushing the ball up the field are always valid...Somehow they need to get Gurley into the game...

Weren't you listening to Steve young? Gabbert is one of the top 5 most athletic qb's in the nfl.

OnceARam

Hall of Fame
Chickens are running around with their heads cut off unaware that winning percentages on a week coming off of playing Seattle are dismal - for everyone.

That said this is a classic trap game where we generally lose.

And given our QB limitations and general slowness to get rookies playing, we would be lucky to cover the spread.

This team isn't going to be fun to watch until Goff is on the field and one of the rookies step up to displace Quick.

Right now all we're capable of is banging Gurley into the back of our offensive line.

Gurley averages 0.6 yards before contact.

Opposing defenses have taken residence in our backfield thanks to our weak armed QB who sees ghosts.

We don't win games that we should win until that situation is fixed.

Otherwise, we should sit Gurley and I'm fucking serious.

PARAM

Hall of Fame
Anytime we win, it's prime for a let down the following week. That's the kind of team the Rams have been. I don't agree 'this game will define our season' because if we win this week but lose to Arizona in week 4, what does that say? I believe each game defines our season. And when they learn that approach, we'll be fine. We haven't been very good on the road but that's a common bugaboo of most non-elite NFL teams. We better improve in that area right away because 5 of our first 7 games are not in L.A. (I don't care that we're the home team in London). If we continue to play crappy on the road, we could start the year 2-5 or 3-5 and that would suck. It would also probably put Goff into the lineup and that might deflect some of the angst. Our season will be defined (to me) on a weekly basis.

SteveBrown

Pro Bowler
Name
Steve
Not being a drama queen (I think): this is the THE game of the year for us. Can we, with below average QB, put up 20-27 points. Beneath that point figure, we won't win on the road against a fired up Jameis and 2 very good WRs, and one Baby-boy TE that is growing up.
This game will tell us if we can 'show up' against mediocre teams.
ALWAYS, after a big divisional victory we fail. This is on fisther...he gets the boys amped up and then they have the emotional and adrenal let down.

If we win we have 8-10 win possibilities, if we lose we are just the same old Rams. Losing the first game still tells me a lot about Fisher's ambitions. He is a bad manager of the team....NO O coordinator and NO WRs....he got his QB, but we have the most archaic Offfense since the 1970s---and that is a compliement.!

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
Let's see ... Last week I got pissed hearing all the Negative BS! And Because of that, I got even more Pissed and bet a Pile on the Rams at the ROD Book, and Won a Ton!!!! My point is Get away from the Negativity and maybe you too can Win with the Rams!
I Will be Betting on the Rams this week-end!!:mrburnsevil:

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I say this game doesn't prove much...I for one, celebrated big time in our victory over the stinkin Hawks, and the same is true for the rest of our NFC West foes if we can do that. We will not make the playoffs unless we get greater production from the QB and WR position groups, and I don't see a Case Keenum led Rams winning more than 7 games....It's a greater risk putting Goff in to learn while doing, and he may still not lead the Rams past 7 wins as he learns, but if we want a chance to do anything this year, it's behind the ability of Jared Goff and his ability to stretch the field. Teams are game planning against Gurley, and it's working...and will continue to work unless our QB can throw a completed pass longer than 15 yards, consistently.

BatteringRambo

Inked Gym Rat Stoner
Name
J.Fo
"You just gotta sit yourself down. To contemplate. You get yourself a nice cold beer. And drink yourself away." - Richard Patrick (Filter)

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
I looked over some history the last few years and I don't want to get carried away here but it does at least "feel" like a pattern:

This is EXACTLY the kind of game that Fisher lays an egg.

Until he proves otherwise–I gotta be concerned.

I give you 2015:

Sept 13th: Rams beat the Seahawks 34-31

Next week at Washington: Rams lose to Redskins 24-10

Dec. 16th: Rams beat Seahawks 23-17

Next week at San Francisco: Rams lose to the 49ers 19-16

2014:

Oct. 19th: Rams beat Seahawks 28-26

Next week at Kansas City: Rams lose to the Chiefs 34-7

Okay–that year they lost to Seahawks in final game so let’s take another great team they beat:

Nov. 16th: Beat the Denver Broncos 22-7

Next week at San Diego: Rams lose 27-24

2013 was a year they did not beat a lot of great teams with a following road game. But let’s look at the Cards who were 10-6.

Sept. 8: Rams beat the Cards 27-24

Next game at Falcons: Rams lose 31-24(Falcons were 4-12 that year)

Nov. 24th: Rams smash Bears 42-21

Next week at 49ers: Rams lose 23-13 ( To be fair–9ers were 12-4 this year)

To me–this reads as a pattern: Good game–even a win, against a good opponent followed by road loss next week.

I read a stat last year that indicated teams that play the Seahawks almost always lose their next game. I hope that trend has passed.

Rmfnlt

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Anytime we win, it's prime for a let down the following week. That's the kind of team the Rams have been. I don't agree 'this game will define our season' because if we win this week but lose to Arizona in week 4, what does that say? I believe each game defines our season. And when they learn that approach, we'll be fine. We haven't been very good on the road but that's a common bugaboo of most non-elite NFL teams. We better improve in that area right away because 5 of our first 7 games are not in L.A. (I don't care that we're the home team in London). If we continue to play crappy on the road, we could start the year 2-5 or 3-5 and that would suck. It would also probably put Goff into the lineup and that might deflect some of the angst. Our season will be defined (to me) on a weekly basis.
I think that's a good way to look at it.

Don't get too high on a win... don't get too low on a loss.

After two games, we really don't know much at all.

Yes, the offense is struggling - that's obvious. But that could change. It needs to, for sure.

I don't really start to gain an understanding of what the team is going to be until around the sixth game. By then, some trends start to develop and I can see the future to some degree.

Onto the third game... they should beat them... if they don't, then a trend starts to germinate:
Losing to lesser teams on the road.

But still... have to wait to see more, IMO.

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
IF we come out of this Road Trip winning both games, the Rams will have Won 3 in a Row, THAT would be a Nice New Trend!!(y):D

SteveBrown

Pro Bowler
Name
Steve
I read a stat last year that indicated teams that play the Seahawks almost always lose their next game. I hope that trend has passed.
This was true of the Bears in the late 70s...they loved to punish other teams.
THe Seahawks brings such passion and intensity (the Rams play with more when the play them).
ALL NFLers need a 'break'....that is why 13-3 teams win by 1-3 points when they play 4-12 to 6-10 teams....they need a break just like we do....

I hope the Rams take their 'break' against the Cardinals, not against Tampa.
I fear that this will be another Redskins/49ers game from 2015 (which both came after playing Seatlle)

UKram

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
we need to win this game just to disprove this meme
CSQqlwPUYAAc4od.png

Mackeyser

Supernovas are where gold forms; the only place.
Name
Mack
After the 9'er debacle, while most of us jumped off the ledge...I posted a "lone wolf" article predicting a bounce back against the Hawks. I didn't see any others that had similar posts.

Now I see celebration posts, posts about improving players, and recognition of the offensive limitations.

To me, this next game will indicate if this team will have a winning record this year. Fisher's history with this team has several key elements:

1. We do well in the NFC West but struggle against Non Conference opponents. The coaching staff purposely focuses energy and preparation within the division.

2. We do better at home than on the road.

3. We regularly lay eggs against supposedly inferior teams.

4. Stringing wins together is rare.

5. This offense is a looooonnnnggg way from being effective.

This game has the feel of last year's Redskins game. We should win. Last year we had beaten both the Hawks and Cards. The missing elements of preparation, passion against unfamiliar opponents, and consistency in previous years doomed this team to 7-9 BS. The Bucs are coming off a tough loss vs AZ. Chronicling Fisher's Ram history, this is where the real let down begins.

If we ground Tampa into the turf, look for a winning season. If not....I will try to enjoy watching this team train for next year.

I dunno if I'd characterize it exactly the way you would, but I agree with so much of what you said...

If they don't let down and win a tough game against an improving team on the road, then they may just overcome this broken scheme and have a decent season. I'm ALL for that.

But let's be clear... THIS IS A BROKEN SCHEME. This scheme isn't...just isn't going to win a Super Bowl. It doesn't allow for consistent play from the QB position and allows for super predictable play-calling tendencies from the OC position. All of which we've seen and talked about...for years now.

And as we've seen, the difference between winning and losing tends to be if the offense can score a little and if the defense can keep the opponents to scoring even less. It's not now and won't be stellar play from the QB position or even the WR position, although those have been lacking.