What Jets fans are saying before the game

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

tavian

Not me.I am waaaay uglier
I plan to be doing lots of this as I watch the game...

3v9bENX.gif
That's it Prime, find your Happy Place.:violin:
This violin is not being used for what it usually represents.
I'm playing Happy music for you.:grouphug:

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
That's it Prime, find your Happy Place.:violin:
This violin is not being used for what it usually represents.
I'm playing Happy music for you.:grouphug:

Well thanks but that wasn't my comment or gif. Here's mine for the upcoming game...

giphy.gif

tavian

Not me.I am waaaay uglier
Well thanks but that wasn't my comment or gif. Here's mine for the upcoming game...

giphy.gif

Sorry Prime.I'm old and can't see straight,LOL
Just trying to get a laugh out of ya.
I have to go .Need to check my Depends

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
http://forums.jetnation.com/topic/129784-jets-look-to-keep-qb’s-upright-in-battle-against-rams/

Jets Look to Keep QB’s Upright in Battle Against Rams
By Glenn Naughton

The 3-6 New York Jets prepare to host the 3-5 Rams at MetLife Stadium on Sunday, and while the team’s primary objective will be to come away with a win, keeping Ryan Fitzpatrick and possibly Bryce Petty out of the hospital should be a close second. The Jets will be doing battle against one of the NFL’s premiere defensive fronts with what is somewhat of a patchwork O-line. Here are some of the key match-ups up front and beyond.

LG James Carpenter vs. DT Aaron Donald:

This should be the best head-to-head meeting of the day as the Jets top lineman should see his fair share of one of the league’s most dynamic interior defenders. If the Jets have anywhere near the success they had in running Matt Forte and Bilal Powell against the Miami Dolphins last week (18 carries for 114 yds and 1 TD), they should make it a ground and pound kind of day.

Letting Ryan Fitzpatrick drop back time and again with an unproven Ben Ijalana slated to start at left tackle and Nick Mangold likely being replaced by Wesley Johnson at center again due to an ankle injury, the Rams should be able to generate a good deal of pressure without having to blitz. The last thing the Jets need is another game with Ryan Fitzpatrick throwing in to coverage under duress.

WR Tavon Austin vs. Jets Secondary:

It’s difficult to pick any one player who may match up with Austin as he’s a valuable chess piece for the Rams who will move him around to create mismatches.

Austin is an interesting piece of Sunday’s puzzle primarily due to the fact that the Jets have had great difficulty defending wide receiver screens all season, and this is an area where Austin may thrive. If and when Austin faces off against Darrelle Revis, look for Revis to play off the diminutive burner to avoid being beat deep again, so the quick screens will mean safety support will be essential in containing Austin.

One thing that helps Revis in this particular match up is that Austin isn’t the physical type of player Revis has been shying away from in recent weeks, so perhaps limiting his YAC won’t be quite the challenge it will be if he’s asked to get physical with the Rams’ other top target, the 6′ 3” Kenny Britt.

Both Austin and Britt are tied for the Rams team lead in receptions with 37 apiece.

LB Mark Barron vs. Matt Forte and Bilal Powell:

Signing former safety Mark Barron and moving him to linebacker has been a boon for the Rams. The former defensive back is one of the better coverage linebackers in the NFL and should be used to shadow Forte and Powell out of the backfield to take away Fitzpatrick’s check-down options when the Rams generate pressure.

According to PFF.com, Barron has earned an impressive pass coverage grade of 82 on 286 coverage snaps.

DL Muhammad Wilkerson and Sheldon Richardson vs Rams Offensive line:

Time and again this pair of Jets defenders have come up small under conditions that should have seen them making highlight reel hits. Whether it was facing decimated offensive lines (Kansas City) or an injured quarterback (Russell Wilson), the pair of former first round picks have been invisible far too often.

This week we found out what part of the problem may have been as it reported that the two routinely skip or show up late to team meetings or practices.

With their complete lack of interest in going “all in” this season, the hope at this point among Jets fans is that personal pride will lead to Wilkerson and Richardson dialing it up a notch and making a difference on Sunday. The two are also in an absolute no-win situation that they have only themselves to blame for.

If they’re non-factors once again, fans will naturally assume the effort is still absent. If they come out and dominate, it will draw the fans ire as the season will become a “what could have been” in a lost season that was expected to see the Jets be able to compete with the leagues elite teams on the strength of what was supposed to be an unstoppable defensive line.

Conclusion:

Pressure from the Rams front will mean multiple turnovers for Fitzpatrick again with another possible Bryce Petty sighting if Fitzpatrick and his beat up MCL take too many big hits.

Rams- 17

Jets- 13
-----------
Fitz will get hurt by the end of the second quarter ; the beginning of the Bryce Petty era !!!!!
----------
The Jets have great "fans" don't they
----------
Not sure OTP was wishing injury on Fitz..but we do have a few folks who have openly done so.

I think he gets pulled due to injury not because I want him to, but because he's already dinged up and the Rams have such an active front.
----------
Fitz is injured going into the game......FYI
---------
Im guessing many fans will cheer if Fitzpatrick goes down to injury.......

That damn PSL crowd.

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
Going into this game both fan bases are assuming the position for the 2016 season at this point.
brace.jpg

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Its remarkable how similar to paths have been (recently) for the two teams
In the 2nd to last game of 2015, The Jets beat their archrival NE Pats and sat at 10-5, and an eye lash away from a playoff berth. Only thing in their way was a matchup with another local rival who had nothing to play for and was mailing it in. Then the real Ryan Fitzpatrick showed up...
In the 2nd to last game of 2015, The Rams beat their archrival Seattle and sat at 7-8, and an eye lash away from a 8-8 season which would be their best in 9 years. Only thing in their way was a matchup with another local rival who had nothing to play for and was mailing it in. Then the real Case Keenum showed up...

Fitzpatrick vs Keenum with the INT title on the line....
Must see TV!!

…..

Legend
Well....it does make me feel alittle better if the other teams main concern is keeping thier QB out of the hospital.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Well....it does make me feel alittle better if the other teams main concern is keeping thier QB out of the hospital.
Part of that though is that both Petty and Fitzpatrick are currently injured, and this morning I heard that its entirely possible that Hackenberg might actually have to play

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
Jets Look to Keep QB’s Upright in Battle Against Rams
" Good Luck with this^!!":rolllaugh:

Fitz will get hurt by the end of the second quarter ; the beginning of the Bryce Petty era !!!!!

I think he gets pulled due to injury not because I want him to, but because he's already dinged up and the Rams have such an active front.
These Jets Fans don't seem to think it's very possible!:mrburnsevil:

HitStick

Van Jefferson’s #1 fan
I am more concerned about their CBs/S. They may be a huge pain in the arse to our passing game. But once we get our running game going we my stay afloat.

The biggest pain in the arse to our passing game is Case Keenum.

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
Fitzpatrick vs Keenum with the INT title on the line....
Must see TV!!
We need to get @flv to make this^ a side bet on the game!! "Who throws the most Picks!?" would bet great!! I don't know who I would take!!:LOL: But I would lean toward Fitz throwing more! Mainly because his QB rating is lower than Case's!

RamBall

Legend
Camp Reporter
Name
Dave
We need to get @flv to make this^ a side bet on the game!! "Who throws the most Picks!?" would bet great!! I don't know who I would take!!:LOL: But I would lean toward Fitz throwing more! Mainly because his QB rating is lower than Case's!

What would you set the over/under at? I'd put money on the over at 6 ints combined.

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
What would you set the over/under at? I'd put money on the over at 6 ints combined.
IF both Fitzgerald and Keenum start I'd put the over/under at 5!
IF there where any variation on the starters I would put the over/ under at 3 1/2! But I'm no Bookie, I just like a good Bet!:mrburnsevil:
Attention @flv !!!