What Cowboys fans are saying before and after the game

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Rynie

Cowboys rudeboy.
Name
Rynie
Cole Beasley wants to be cooper kupp when he grows up
Cole Beasley kept getting double teamed Monday. Let me remind you that he was the BEST slot receiver in the NFL last season. Also, i love you.

Tron

Fights for the User
Name
Tron
Cole Beasley kept getting double teamed Monday. Let me remind you that he was the BEST slot receiver in the NFL last season. Also, i love you.
I like Beasley, he is a beast in the slot, think Kupp will be there someday soon. I really have no idea how this game is going to go. Hoping Rams win ofc, but hope it is a great game regardless. Best of luck this weekend to your boys @Rynie(and no injuries ofc). Enjoy you being a member here. :cheers:

UKram

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
i actually like Cole Beasley... he is a gamer...he just aint no Cooper Kupp ;)

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I don't know what's going to happen, and that's not a bad thing. Both teams are decent to good, and we have the highest scoring team in the NFL, and even with our loss scored 20 points. I remember not too long ago when getting to 17 points was a struggle, and we have popped on two 40 pointers? Wade was hired for a reason, and now he has to deliver on this new 3-4 scheme with the personnel that he said was as talented as any that he has coached before.

So who are we? Everyone says correctly, we have new legitimate offensive weapons. Sammy Watkins is the truth and so is Cooper Kupp and Gerald Everett. Robert Woods had a bad series of downs in the Washington game, but he caught for more than 100 yards in Levi. Last year..and the year before ..and the year before that...etc...etc..We knew the Rams in our guts didn't have the capability to score points. Goff is not a mirage and neither is Andrew Whitworth (a major factor in how the Rams QB is performing). DeMarco Farr said that he's bored looking at Whitworth work because it's always the same, always winning. We are not the same team, and that should concern every team we face this year. The Rams are not an automatic win for our opponents. THEIR schedules just got harder

EDIT: OH, and Todd Motherfreakin Gurley! How could I forget him? I'm not used to being so rich in good-great players on offense...

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
And let me remind you, Rynie, in the NFL League ( Not-For-Long) It's never about what you did "last year", It's about what you are doing this year!!(y);)

OC--LeftCoast

Agent Provocateur
Name
Greg
Seems like they have Cooper Kupp flying way under their radar, did they (anyone) even mention him?

Looking for a big game from him

Rmfnlt

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I don't know what's going to happen, and that's not a bad thing.
I remember not too long ago when getting to 17 points was a struggle
Yeah, THIS is the difference.
The past few years, I KNEW the Rams would struggle to get even 17. It was (to add a reference to Brady) deflating.
Now, there is hope. Still too small a sample size and the Rams are about to go against the most solid team thus far... but there is hope. There hasn't been hope for far too many years.

Sammy Watkins is the truth
Yeah... there is a track record I can look back on... last 3 years: 28, 60, 65 receptions. So, I'm more comfortable with his productivity and this system appears to be more powerful that what he had in BUF.

so is Cooper Kupp and Gerald Everett.
I'm gonna tap the brakes on these two for now... just want to see more. They are, after all, rookies with no real NFL track records. The promise is there thus far.... just want to see more.

Robert Woods had a bad series of downs in the Washington game, but he caught for more than 100 yards in Levi.
Another somewhat proven player in the NFL... last 3 years: 51, 47, 65 receptions. See Sammy Watkins above.

Goff is not a mirage
Although technically not a rookie... for all intents and purposes, he is. Great start, obviously. But I need to see more... I want to see how he bounces back after a bad outing (and he will have those). I want to see how he produces if he is under constant pressure (likely to happen as well). It's been, for the most part, smooth sailing for him thus far this year. How will he react when things break down? DAL is the first playoff team he's facing this year. I am anxious to see how it goes Sunday.

neither is Andrew Whitworth
Yup... we all know what this man can do, so only worry there is age and injuries.

odd Motherfreakin Gurley!
Yeah... I chalk up last year to Fisher and his inept coaching staff. But we saw what he can do his rookie year, so I'm comfortable in his trajectory this year (just got to secure that ball better... I think he will).

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
What They're Saying: The Dallas Cowboys
Kristen Lago/Rams Writer/Reporter

Each week TheRams.com will be taking a look at what Los Angeles’ opponents have to say about facing the Rams. Heading into Week 4 of the regular season, check out what the Dallas Cowboys' coaches and players had to say about their matchup against the Los Angeles Rams at AT&T Stadium.

On his relationship with Rams’ QB Jared Goff:

“Yeah, I knew Goff a little bit from the process, actually from the Manning camp. We became pretty good friends there before we even thought about getting drafted, I guess you could say. And then through the process and combine, I spent more time with him. So he’s a great guy and a great quarterback, I mean you get picked No. 1 for a reason. And he’s had a lot of success early this year, he’s good.”

“I mean I didn’t watch him much in college, I mean he was a friend but we were both playing on Saturdays, so it was kind of hard. He’s on that West Coast time, but as I said I know he has done pretty well this year and I watched him on one of the Thursday night games, he was slinging the ball and he was slinging the ball. He’s doing a great job this year.”

- Cowboys’ QB Dak Prescott

“We liked him a lot in the draft process, we spent some time with him. In the interview process he came here, we went there, we worked him out and spent a lot of time trying to get to know him. Easy to see why he was picked as high as he was, an outstanding career at Cal and I think you’re seeing a lot of the same things that you saw in college in these first three weeks of the season.

He’s a very instinctive passer, he’s got a good feel for the game, he’s tough, he can do a lot of different things throwing the football and he’s done a really nice job for them up to this point.”

- Cowboys’ HC Jason Garrett

On Goff’s progression in his second year:

“He’s done a fantastic job. They’re obviously playing really good offensive football and it doesn’t surprise me one bit. I think (Rams Head Coach) Sean McVay and his staff do a fantastic job and they’ve got a lot of good pieces there.

The running back (Todd Gurley II) is outstanding, a lot of weapons outside and there is no question that Jared is in a comfortable place and really doing a good job executing what they’re asking him to do. They’ve been very efficient, scored a lot of points. They’re good running the ball, they’re good throwing the ball, they’re a very dangerous offense and he’s done an excellent job.”

On what he’s seen on film from DT Aaron Donald in the last two games:

“I see a really good player. Yeah, he’s just such an explosive guy in there. He’s quick, he’s disruptive, he pushes the pocket, he shoots gaps, he impacts the running game. He’s obviously around the quarterback a lot. The other guys are able to play off of him, so he’s just an outstanding football player and he has been really since he came into the league.”

On Donald’s ability to impact the offense and how he has looked in his return to the field:

“Well he looks the same to us, he’s a really good football player and we spent a lot of time with him when he was coming out of the draft. He was an outstanding college football player and he’s carried that into the NFL.

You know he’s not a real big guy but he’s quick, he’s fast, he’s explosive, he plays with great leverage, he plays with tremendous determination and hustle. He’s just a disruptive guy against the run, affecting the quarterback, he gets a lot of attention and he still shows up, so he’s just a really, really good football player.”

“I mean we have played against great fronts in all of our games. But just making sure we execute, we have to be fundamental and just know that’s a guy who can make big plays, he’s very talented. So, we just have to be that much more on our game.”

- Cowboys’ RB Ezekiel Elliott

On his admiration for running backs like Todd Gurley and if he sees any similarities with the Rams’ RB:

“There’s a lot of good backs in the league right now and Todd Gurley is definitely one of the best guys and it’s going to be fun to be able to see him play in person.”

“I think so, I think he’s a three-down back. I think the only other back they usually have active is Tavon Austin and so he’s asked to do a lot of stuff especially in third down. And I think he’s having a great year this year.”

- Cowboys’ RB Ezekiel Elliott

On the Rams’ offensive line and they’re improvement as a whole:

“Well they have got a good football team, obviously they drafted the quarterback really high, the running back was a high draft pick, they have continued to bolster their offensive line and they have weapons on the outside. They have a system that they believe in and it’s about number 30 first, they want to run the football and they are among the top five in the NFL in rush attempts.

And so much of their success comes from that, and throwing the football is a heck of a lot easier when you run the ball well. Your protection gets better and your drop back game, but also the play action game and the movement game and they have done all those things really effectively.”

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
https://cowboyszone.com/threads/turfshowtimes-prediction-rams-35-boys-13.386568/

News: TurfShowTimes prediction: Rams 35 Boys 13

(Rams Blogging The Boys equivalent)

Los Angeles Rams At Dallas Cowboys Bold Predictions: Jerry Jones’ Tears Will Be Delicious
The LA Rams are an underdog with the sports betting community in Dallas, but they don’t realize how hungry Aaron Donald’s defense is.

- The Rams Defense will limit the Cowboys passing to 175 yards and 115 yards rushing

- Aaron Donald will dominate with 3 sacks
Now that the Rams star DT has been with the Rams for 3 games, it’s time for him to flex his muscles. Watch for Donald to power through the famously strong Cowboys O-line, throwing QB Dak Prescott to the grass at least 3 times.

- Todd Gurley will have his best game of his career
The Cowboys have up-and-down this season with their defense, but are currently ranked 13th against the run. I’m predicting that this will be a down game for the boys.

This is going to be a fun matchup as a Rams fan because we’re playing with house money. The Cowboys are expected to win, yet the Rams are coming off 10 days of rest and a lot of offensive momentum. My bold prediction for the final score?

Rams win, 35-13.

rest...
https://www.turfshowtimes.com/2017/...ld-predictions-jerry-jones-tears-aaron-donald

So....basically by this prediction, the Rams are clearly the best team in the league by far. Goff is better than Brady and ARodgers combined. I am guessing if this game was in Los Angeles, the writer would predict Lambs 178 Boys 2 (safety).
-------
McVay was respectful of Sean Lee and encouraged when told it looked like he would not be available the weekend. His take was do not let the offense get into long second and third downs with the cowboys defense. They are almost all healthy except for Lamarcus Joyner.

Wades take on defending our offense was get pressure on Dak and limit the run (he was playing to the media).

They mimic what Garrett says each week just want a balanced attack on offense, and control the run on defense.

Hoping to see Jet Sweep this weekend or equivalent play which pauses the defense. Aaron Donald is coming plan on it and deal with it.
---------
So a dreadfull 49ers team can put up 39 vs the Rams, but a Dallas team at home can only get 13.
---------
I don't think the score will be that, but I do see the Rams having a very legit shot of getting a win. I think their offense will give the defense fits, especially if Lee is out.
-------
nother article at the site is trashing our defense....

The Rams Offense Must Take Advantage of Dallas’ Weakness

Take into account the Cowboys have nowhere near the personnel Marinelli had at Tampa Bay. The Dallas defense is mediocre at best.

https://www.turfshowtimes.com/2017/9/28/16371354/los-angeles-rams-dallas-cowboys-preview
--------
We need another 3rd down option besides Bease and Witt. They are getting the most attention on 3rd and long. Teams know those are the two Dak will most likely go to when it's a passing situation on 3rd down. Bease is the best blitz/rush beater because he can get open so quickly.

Teams know this and are double teaming him on 3rd downs. I'm hoping they have a package where they get both Bease and Switz on the field to get another receiver who can get open quickly on 3rd down.
-------
I'd be suprised if we even get a field goal. We are playing the '84 Bears d. Dak is no better than Drew Henson.
-------
The Cowboys aren't going to get their butts kissed by every opposing writer, and I doubt they truly breakdown our games and just see that Denver score and run with it.
-------
Whoa whoa hang on here.

I've been watching my Rams for over a decade now and it has been.... atrocious. Now, right now I am cautiously optimistic. We handled the beat up Colts, and a Hoyer led 49er team (who has a good defense mind you). But then we played the Redskins week two; we lost. Why? Because they were better than us that day. McVay and Gruden are boys and we were out coached on this game.

Dallas is going to be a big challenge for us. We are NOT going to hold y'all to 13 points, the dude who wrote this article is drinking the Kool-Aid. I'll elaborate in depth later. - J_Robinson
---------
It's the basic song and dance from last year. We have the worst defense in the league, Dak is overrated and he won't beat you once you stop Zeke. Our OL sucks now that we lost Leary and Free.
--------
Nothing new. Everyone other teams Blogging the Boys site thinks our d is sucks and Dak is a scrub.
--------
I love this kind of stuff. Makes the game all the more entertaining. Like the NY POST talking for weeks how JPP and company were going to make a statement game week 1, blah blah. JPP is going to be DPOY!. I had a hard time finding him on the sack list. 1 sack through three games. lol. Even better is Tank Lawrence has more than twice the sacks of JPP and Vernon combined. lol.

I'm thinking Lee is taking Girley's boast personally. Turns a so-so matchup into an exciting game to watch.
---------
Let them think that. Might have a funny excuse on Monday why they lost.
--------
Whatever. They can make whatever bold predictions they want. Let the Rams feel as overconfident as possible. "Practice schmactice, we've got this one, guys, it's just the Cowboys." I hope that's their exact attitude.
--------
The Rams biggest weakness on D is against the run. We will move the ball on them. Guaranteed.
--------
This guy lost me when he said Aaron Donald is the best player ever at his position.
--------
I predict the offense for the Cowboys come alive this weekend. I think putting up 21 second half points vs a stout Cards defense is a big mental boost for this team. I think they will play a bit more relaxed and not be pressing as much.
--------
Hopefully we'll witness or be given an indication that our run game is back in sync (like last year). JG better out coach this little kid since we're at home and there should be no offensive communication issues. Also hopefully we're not overlooking this game (as 6.5 favorites) for the Packers next week.

Without Lee, I'm concerned about our defense but that loss can be rectified if our offense controls the ball/clock and scores TD's, not FG's. Hoping for a statement game from Zeke and our defensive front 4 starts becoming a CONSISTENT pain in the *** for offenses this and many games to come.

Farr Be It

Hall of Fame
Although technically not a rookie... for all intents and purposes, he is. Great start, obviously. But I need to see more... I want to see how he bounces back after a bad outing (and he will have those).

Although I wouldn't call the Redskins game a "bad" game for Goff, he did show an incredible bounce back from that terrible pick at the end of the game.

Also, he showed a lot of character, and situational focus in the Niner game with all the potential family distractions. He was nails.

My buddy from work went to Goff's high school, but is a huge Niner fan, of course. I gave him a ration of crap the other day after our win, but he said he had to admit he was happy for "a hometown boy".

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
https://www.bloggingtheboys.com/201...-rams-defense-and-the-dallas-offensive-attack

Week 4: Previewing the Rams defense and the Dallas offensive attack
Can the Cowboys offense get back to it’s normal self against the Rams.
by Manik Aggarwal

851122022.0.jpg

Photo by Ezra Shaw/Getty Images

Let’s look at the Rams defense and how it stacks up against Dallas’s offensive schemes.

Defensive Line

The Rams feature a 3-4 defense and Wade Phillips leads a very creative defensive unit up front. Aaron Donald (defensive end) and Michael Brockers (nose tackle) dominate the trenches on their own and are flanked with Ethan Westbrooks as the other defensive end. Donald is widely regarded as one of the best defensive linemen in the National Football League and he will go up against Tyron Smith who is also regarded as one of the best left tackles in the NFL. It will be a very interesting matchup to keep a close eye on throughout the game.

Dak Prescott showed that his ability to escape from the pocket and create on the run may be his biggest strength. This approach will be particularly important against a strong defensive line and an aggressive secondary. Prescott must feel pressure and blitzes this week and be able to escape from the defense if he expects to mimic his performance against the Cardinals this week.

Linebackers

The linebackers for the Rams include Alec Ogletree, Mark Barron, Robert Quinn and Connor Barwin. This quartet leads the defense in tackles with 24 to Ogletree and 18 to Barron. This group provides stability and veteran experience and will take on the responsibility of defending Cole Beasley, Jason Witten and the newfound bubble screen to Dez Bryant and Terrence Williams.

Barwin has tormented Dallas during his time in Philadelphia and has recorded five sacks and 25 tackles in just eight games against the Cowboys.

The Cowboys must establish their run game against this defense. Dallas will feed Ezekiel Elliott the ball enough times that he will break a long run and force the defense to respect the play-action which will allow Prescott to torment the defense.

Secondary

Wade Phillips has a talented secondary that usually plays with three cornerbacks and two safeties. The secondary consists of Trumaine Johnson, Nickell Robey-Coleman, Maurice Alexander, Cody Davis and Lamarcus Joyner. In three games, Joyner, Robey-Coleman and Johnson have each recorded one interception, multiple pass deflections and two total forced fumbles and recoveries. This group will have their hand full against a strong and talented receiving group in Dallas.

In the prior three games, the Dallas offense has played against superstar cornerbacks and safeties in Landon Collins, Janoris Jenkins, Aqib Talib, Chris Harris, Patrick Peterson and Tyrann Mathieu. While this Rams secondary has fared fairly well thus far, they just allowed 39 offensive points to the Brian Hoyer and San Francisco 49ers. Dak Prescott was very efficient against the Arizona Cardinals and cannot wait to get a piece of the Rams.

Key Matchup

The key matchup this weekend is Wade Phillips against Jason Garrett and Scott Linehan. Phillips knows the Dallas offensive schemes well and it will be a real chess match throughout the game as each side attempts to make the right adjustment. The Rams are a less-talented version of the Cowboys as they boast a young quarterback and running back combination, a good set of pass catchers but a similarly talented and composed defense.

Look for the Dallas Cowboys to start a new winning streak if they are able to neutralize Donald and give Dak Prescott time in the pocket. If Dallas is unable to protect Prescott, the defense will find itself on the field for extended periods of time which will allow Gurley to take the game over.
----------
Is it fair to say Phillips knows our offensive schemes now?
His last tenure with the Cowboys was in 2010. That is 7 years ago. So much has changed since then. New HC, OC and new players. There’s a new QB at the helm who has a different set of plays than what Romo was dealing with back in 2010. I’m sure Wade has done his homework on our boys, but I’m not sure I’d go as far as to say he knows our offensive schemes well.

That being said, he is an excellent DC and he will get his guys ready. I just hope that we can take advantage of a defense that seems to not be clicking at the moment.
------
He has access to the same tape
As everyone on the league.

His familiarity with how Jason thinks may influence things like going for it on 4th, kicking or punting. But that’s about the only advantage he would have over anyone else. Wade is a great DC and that plays more into it than having coached the cowboys in the day.
--------
At least Dez won't have to match up against Janoris Jenkins.
---------
Their starting DE on the other side of Donald

Is a 4-3 DE. Not sure what they are doing. Both ends are about 280, not your typical 3-4 front.
--------
Rams are running a 3-4 with 4-3 personnel, it's a recipe for disaster
--------
Run the ball! Run the ball!

Rams can’t stop the run and their giving up 25 points per game. We should win this game if we play Cowboys football. Rams have a very good offense, but Goff hasn’t faced any pressure this year. Hello DLaw!

I’m genuinely surprised why the Rams blog is trash talking so much. Weird.
------
Why would Donald be going against Tyron Smith?
I mean…I can see them trying it a few times because they move Donald around. But I think he’s going to be on Chaz Green for most of the day if I had to guess.
-----
I think they generally play 5/4i, 2i/1, and 3/4i

in their 3 man front. So Donald would be essentially splitting Green and Smith
that’s just my cursory search of how they’ve aligned against SF.
-------
Big Factor in the Game
I think one of the biggest factors in the game will be the Ram’s receivers. They have excellent receivers and if Goff can get them the ball consistently it could be a high scoring game and a long day for Dallas.
-------
Rams defensive personnel is not suited for a 3-4 scheme
Their front seven is very small and we should be able to pound the rock right down their throats.
--------
Donald playing NT or 5T seems to be a player out of position
I have not followed the Rams this season, but normally 3-4 teams are able to create confusion with exotic blitz packages. I would like to see what Wade’s tendencies are and how he will attack….If he just lines up and plays, the boys will push his D all over the place.
------
Donald can only play effectively in a 4-3 scheme to utilize his quickness. He’s way too small to play a 5 tech or NT.

If Zeke doesn’t get close to 200 yards in this game I’ll be shocked.
-------
Awhile Donald doesn’t have eye popping stats so far this year, he also didn’t attend off season camp due to holding out. Gent has played only 3 games under a new scheme without any work with the team prior to the start of the season.

Not sure if you had watched the 49ers game but he was dominant. Donald is an elite player that can and will play effectively any where on a defensive line. Please note, I said effective and not elite.
--------
He was dominant because he was playing against a bad SF OL
He didn’t play well against the Skins, who have a decent OL, but certainly not as good as ours.

Fact is his skill set and body aren’t a fit for a 3-4, bottom line.
------
Left guard Chaz Green was not at the open portion of practice to the media because of a hip injury. Jonathan Cooper was with the starters. Sean Lee is rehabbing his hamstring and not on the practice field for the third straight day.
--------

View: https://twitter.com/Marcus_Mosher/status/913534384522883074/photo/1

--------
Wade Phillips has some resume
Just imagine all the recent Defensive pass rushers he’s had Demarcus, JJ, A. Donald and Von Miller.
That’s a whole lot of War Daddies.
--------
This is by far the weakest defense
we have seen yet.

Rmfnlt

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Is a 4-3 DE. Not sure what they are doing. Both ends are about 280, not your typical 3-4 front.
--------
Rams are running a 3-4 with 4-3 personnel, it's a recipe for disaster
Their front seven is very small and we should be able to pound the rock right down their throats.

This is how I see our current predicament/fear.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
This is how I see our current predicament/fear.
Westbrooks isn't even that. I'd bet we see more Walker and Smart rotating at DE going forward. Getting a 305 and 295 lb DE in there will help Brockers who's already working his butt off for us.

Zero

Pro Bowler
keyword, being last season.
Kupp owns that shit from now until he retires.

Last edited: