What can I say?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Rams43

Hall of Fame
It's close enough to the end of my self imposed 24 hour rule, anyway.

Why should we be surprised by this loss?

I posted last week that we had won 3 consecutive games largely because the D and ST were making saving plays for our raggedy O. I also posted that it couldn't continue indefinitely, much like expecting to win by drawing to an inside straight in poker.

Obviously, it caught up to us on Sunday.

I give the shorthanded D a ton of credit for playing valiantly, especially in the 2nd half.

We are a flawed team on O.

Starts at the top with the HC. A classic 7-8 winning season master of PR and NFL politics.
Boras looks suspect, although it's hard to tell whether Fisher is somewhat tying his hands behind his back.
Jury is somewhat out on Groh, too. I had expected a more dramatic passing attack, especially when teams are loading the box so much.
Weinke? Anybody impressed with Goff's quick development? Me neither.
OL blocking is falling far short of expectations for these alleged road grader "refrigerators on wheels", huh?
Keenum is a scrappy but very limited QB. Leaves plays on the field constantly and always will.
Can someone please explain to me why our TE's are not a bigger part of our passing O?
That Fisher fake punt decision was the backbreaker on Sunday. Yet another inexplicable Fisher decision.

Add to the above many bonehead penalties that have been with us for yet another season and what do you have? Another loss of a very winnable game, that's what.

I don't expect much more than 7 wins from this team, now. Not with Fisher as HC and Keenum as QB. And let's face it. Fisher and his flaws and tendencies will remain with us through the rest of this season.

Right now I've gotta say that I face the remaining 11 games with a feeling of sadness and resignation. To think what might have been...

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
There was a time when Fisher planned to air it out Sam Bradford and Tavon Austin (I think it was Austin's rookie year)..We lost horribly, and Fisher showed then that he would never be comfortable with that type of offense, as he switched back to what he knew that (sorta) works, ground n pound.

Dieter the Brock

Fourth responder
There is still hope

We are still at 3-2

And we need to scratch out 5 more games to his .500 with an 8-8 record

Now 8-8 would be something special for all of as us lifelong, die-hard Ram fans (nd 9-7 would be even more epic even if we don't get into the playoffs) if we end up at 8-8 this would be one of the best seasons in ages on our return to LA

Maybe we can stsrt to win pretty instead of ugly. Goff will get to play before this season is over, and do all the things he does - we will go downfield and stretch defenses which will open up everything for Gurley and thr TE's

And then hopefully next year a new coach that brings a fresh and modern approach we can build on a .500 season and maybe make the playoffs at 9-7 or 10-6

and maybe even stop being the youngest team in the NFL again

So please don't lament what might have been, but maybe start thinking ahead for what will be -- A great Ram dynasty that is coming!!!

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
I have been reading the vent thread (and others) and share the concerns on offense. There are some "good things", but we remain a bottom feeder in the league on that side of the ball. That falls at the feet of the HC. He signed up for the job. He has to own the criticism. I think we all get that.

That said; I am not in this place;

Right now I've gotta say that I face the remaining 11 games with a feeling of sadness and resignation. To think what might have been...

Sure, the past has as factor on my confidence. But I remain just as optimistic in Detroit as I was for this game.

It's 5 games into the season.

I'm focused on what STILL can be.

:homer:

bubbaramfan

Legend
Camp Reporter
I'm asking myself the same Q's 43. I have to believe these are smart football guys and they're are asking themselves the same questions. I also think there needs to be some coaching changes. I'd start with OL coach Paul Boudreau. I'm less than impressed with how he's handled the OL.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
The one thing that makes me excited is that one day we will see what Goff is....I could live with present day mediocrity a little better if I saw hope in the kid this year...

Florida_Ram

Hall of Fame
I'm asking myself the same Q's 43. I have to believe these are smart football guys and they're are asking themselves the same questions. I also think there needs to be some coaching changes. I'd start with OL coach Paul Boudreau. I'm less than impressed with how he's handled the OL.

Boudreau- Sign me up for replacing him at the end of the season.. He's had a good run and could retire.
Weinke- I never cared for this hiring and I wouldn't shed a tear if he was replaced next year.
Boras- Doesn't have a large enough sample size for me to cry wolf yet.
Lilly- The rookie tight ends coach has his hands full with Higbee & Hemingway.
Groh- Wait and see how the WR's look in the 2nd half of the season.. sample size too small.
Fisher- I'm okay if this team can finish with a 10-6 season. I can except 9-7 only if its a wildcard birth.
Skip Peete- Star Running Back has taken a step back. Why was Peete hired when the RB's were fine last year under Ben Sirmans? Sirmans was always a strange firing with no details about about why.

bomebadeeda

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Bome
I am not going to second guess coaches. While I have a good understanding of offensive strategies and such, they are no where near the level the coaching staff has. But to hear another team make the statement, "they knew we were not going to test them deep", even though we have had several longer passing plays this year. That's an area of concern. Maybe our current QB does have limitations he can't get past. Maybe our heir apparent doesn't have those limitations, but there are other concerns that only seeing the field will tell us.

Detroit on the road isn't a good place to be stick a rook into. And London wouldn't be ideal either. But Carolina @ home after the bye looks very interesting. Especially since they just got torched deep by Atlanta last week and their run defense is extremely solid up front. It may be time for a move. But there are many things to consider that we as fans don't have all the pieces to. Just my 2 cents.

Bluesy

Reppin' the Rams since 2000
Name
Kyle
There was a time when Fisher planned to air it out Sam Bradford and Tavon Austin (I think it was Austin's rookie year)..We lost horribly, and Fisher showed then that he would never be comfortable with that type of offense, as he switched back to what he knew that (sorta) works, ground n pound.

Yep it was MNF in STL against the niners in 2013 I believe. I was at that game and it was miserable. That's where the sam Bradford shaking his head on the bench gif originated. That was also when schottenheimer was around.... Dark times....

Zaphod

Hall of Fame
It's close enough to the end of my self imposed 24 hour rule, anyway.

Why should we be surprised by this loss?

I posted last week that we had won 3 consecutive games largely because the D and ST were making saving plays for our raggedy O. I also posted that it couldn't continue indefinitely, much like expecting to win by drawing to an inside straight in poker.

Obviously, it caught up to us on Sunday.

I give the shorthanded D a ton of credit for playing valiantly, especially in the 2nd half.
Can't argue with that. Especially when you consider that the defensive line right now is the primary strength of the entire team, yet we started without Brockers, Hayes and Quinn. It's kind of hard to watch because you had to know it would happen. Losing 3 starters on the defensive line would be ugly for anyone, but a team that flat out relies on them? I hope the starters are healthy and good to go against the Lions.
Can someone please explain to me why our TE's are not a bigger part of our passing O?
Huge question when the head coach was the tight ends coach. I think if we could clone Kendricks, we might have an answer. We just need two tight ends who are a legitimate threat to block and catch to really throw teams off against Gurley. But we struggle against 3-4 base and I don't blame them one bit for attacking their sub packages with wide outs.
I don't expect much more than 7 wins from this team, now. Not with Fisher as HC and Keenum as QB. And let's face it. Fisher and his flaws and tendencies will remain with us through the rest of this season.
No matter how ugly the wins, they were still a team that collected subsequent wins against the Hawks, Bucs and Cards. Had it not been for the injuries to our DL, I think we'd have beaten the Bills.

We're facing a 4-3 base next game and Gaines is getting up to speed. I'm not ready to throw in the towel yet.

Jacobarch

Hall of Fame
Name
Jake

I'm tired of hearing that ground and pound doesn't work. It does. Look at Seattle when they won the SB. Look at what Mini is doing this year. They have the same exact philosophy that Fisher does. Whether or not they are better at coaching and better coaches is a different story all together. Just please stop saying it doesn't work, it just doesn't work here because we have an under-performing Oline and WR's that scare no one.

On a positive note our WR's and TE's have looked better this year. Maybe it's Case or bringing in that fellow from that Bears.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I'm tired of hearing that ground and pound doesn't work. It does. Look at Seattle when they won the SB. Look at what Mini is doing this year. They have the same exact philosophy that Fisher does. Whether or not they are better at coaching and better coaches is a different story all together. Just please stop saying it doesn't work, it just doesn't work here because we have an under-performing Oline and WR's that scare no one.

On a positive note our WR's and TE's have looked better this year. Maybe it's Case or bringing in that fellow from that Bears.
I said it "sorta works"...and we don't have a starting RW at the moment to free Gurley, so...

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
Keenum is a scrappy but very limited QB. Leaves plays on the field constantly and always will.
Very limited...Okay...I'll go with that....

That Fisher fake punt decision was the backbreaker on Sunday. Yet another inexplicable Fisher decision.
Strange decision....I look at why things are done...Results matter but, why? I think that call into the hands of a RB (Chase or Malcolm) maybe has a better chance of success..Plus, they know Fishers history...Still, Bradley Marquez proves AGAIN he is JAG on ST...and very limited (there's that word again) as an offensive threat...we didn't need it, and it killed the game...Why? No confidence in the defense? No confidence in the offense? Answer that question...and we'll see where this team is going...

Maybe our current QB does have limitations he can't get past.
Very limited....see Rams43 comment...but my question here is, "maybe"...oh, you're not sure yet?:giveup: What other evidence do you need?

Maybe it's Case
Maybe:palm:??? ahahahahahahahahahahahahahah:ROFLMAO::snicker::LOL::banghead:

yrba1

Mild-mannered Rams fan
More of a wait and see kind of guy. I still stand by wanting Fisher out by the end of the season unless we at least have 9 wins this season. This team has the talent to win games consistently but they only play to win against NFC West teams and the Bucs, keep that up and it's still 7-9 horse shit.

Rams43

Hall of Fame
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Boudreau- Sign me up for replacing him at the end of the season.. He's had a good run and could retire.
Weinke- I never cared for this hiring and I wouldn't shed a tear if he was replaced next year.
Boras- Doesn't have a large enough sample size for me to cry wolf yet.
Lilly- The rookie tight ends coach has his hands full with Higbee & Hemingway.
Groh- Wait and see how the WR's look in the 2nd half of the season.. sample size too small.
Fisher- I'm okay if this team can finish with a 10-6 season. I can except 9-7 only if its a wildcard birth.
Skip Peete- Star Running Back has taken a step back. Why was Peete hired when the RB's were fine last year under Ben Sirmans? Sirmans was always a strange firing with no details about about why.

That's a good catch regarding Skip Peete, Florida.

Can't believe I missed that one.