What are Snead's and Fisher's plans?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

brokeu91

The super shrink
Name
Michael
If we don't come away with a WR in the first two rounds of this particular draft, I will be very disappointed. I think this is a draft where we realistically could get our #1 WR. If it means trading up to get Cooper than so be it, but how long has this team been looking for that #1 and we're staring at a couple of them being within grasp.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
If thats gonna happen they damn well better be moving up for Winston or Marriotta because theres not another QB in this class that isn't destined to be a career backup.

Petty is worth a try. He may not be there right now but maybe a few years of training can get him there.

Robocop

Pro Bowler
Name
J.
they were suppose to have a plan for the Oline since they got here and how's that worked out. I'm tired of stressing over it. I stressed all about it on here last training camp and how bad I knew it would be and it was downplayed and many believed it was solid. it'll either be good enough or downright awful. guess we'll find out.

Boston Ram

Hall of Fame
I think they will go BPA in round 1. I feel like they will draft Scherff if available. It feels like they want a guy like him. If he is not there then watch out for Randy Gregory, Todd Gurley or White/Cooper if one of the WR's were to fall.

I think they go LB or online in round 2. Paul Dawson or Stephone Anthony at LB. Laken Tomlinson or AJ Cann oline. Maybe a OT, Jake Fisher if he fell.

Round 3 CB Quinten Rollins, If he played football all through college instead of basketball he may have been the best CB in the draft.

Round 4 Oline, Shaq Mason, Tre Jackson, Andy Gallik, BJ Finney type.

I don't think they will draft a QB in the first 4 rounds. They may roll the dice on a Cody Fajardo type in the 6th or 7th.

lockdnram21

Legend
If we don't come away with a WR in the first two rounds of this particular draft, I will be very disappointed. I think this is a draft where we realistically could get our #1 WR. If it means trading up to get Cooper than so be it, but how long has this team been looking for that #1 and we're staring at a couple of them being within grasp.
Because Fisher feels Britt is our #1 and feel a Quick will come back strong. Hell Bailey could be a #1 we need a Qb and line to see

Rmfnlt

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
The fact that I'm very nervous about our OL reassures me that Snisher know it too.

I can't belive we're letting barksdale go without a plan, so I'm nervously putting my faith in them
I wish I shared that faith.

Rams43

Hall of Fame
Not sure about White. Would he be an instant starter? Upside in spades, yes. Great value, yes. But immediate return to help Fish win now? Look at the development of the other 2 mountaineers they drafted; adjustment must be taken into account.

Also... If he gets to 10 Snead will get calls for move up. The WR position is very deep and picks from a move down will be valuable.

I suspect the Rams will only take a projected starter at 10. If a player does not project to start his rookie season, I think they pass on him and prefer a trade up for one who does or down for picks.

I suspect that White would start ahead of the currently injured Quick, Merlin. Thus, he matches your criteria of projected starter.

Some have rated White as the 2-3rd best player in the entire draft. How do you pass that up at #10?

Now if some team made an unbelievably stupid trade offer... Yeah, that would change the calculus.

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
I think the Rams are very confident that Scherff will be there at #10 and he is their worst case scenario fail safe pick. I think they like him, but not there.
I think they're targeting the WR's, Mariota or one of the LB's to slip to #10.
I don't think they'll trade up for any of those guys, but will strongly consider trading down if they're all gone.

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
Trade back and take a RT (Flowers/Humpries/collins) or stay put and take BPA (WR or OLB/Rush End)....then hopefully after the trade back take a QB then a OG/OT convert....
I just hope we get Hundley & Flowers....any serious guard will do...

PressureD41

Les Snead's Draft Advisor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Eddy
I too think trade back is the best option if no elite player is available at 10...
I like the names LACHAMP46 is saying except Hundley w/ all due respect. I just get the feeling we need to pass on all QBs this draft. get extra picks to round out our DEF and rebuild the OL..

Wasting a 2-4 pick on a QB over a player that's a better chance to help us in 2017 at OG or MLB or CB doesn't make sense imho

PressureD41

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Eddy
Depends what is left on the board at 10... Bud Dupree is going to be a top 12 pick, and I would think the Rams could see him as the replacement to Long. 10th pick DE has value so he's in the conversation. I am not sure an OL has a top 10 grade, and I don't think OG warrants a top 10 pick unless he's a HOF grade type player. I could see us taking Parker too if he didn't get hurt his name would be talked about w/ Cooper & White.
Hurley could be bantered about as well, and the medical sounds like their won't be any concerns. Top 10 = playmaker
Just my 2 cents

Ramsey

Starter
Name
Ramsey
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
I think a key to what Snead and Fisher do on offense is- Barrett Jones or Demetrius Rhaney will start at Center. (y)

Free Agency- Rams resign Barksdale! :cool:

Draft- Rams stay put and draft BPA...Snead loved the Aaron Donald pick. So rinse and repeat in 2015.
Could be a offensive lineman, WR, CB Trae Waynes, or OLB Victor Beasley.

If BPA is not available at 10...Then Snead will attempt to trade back to the next sweet spot in the draft. I think Snead feels the next value loaded BPA sweet spot is the 17-23 area. Snead will attempt to wrangle an extra 2nd round pick for 10th pick if this

After 1st round the general draft plan will be...

1.Only trade up if the BPA and a position of need Match...If Snead sees a Lone BPA at a position of need like OL, WR, QB, CB, LB several picks before Ram's next pick then Snead will trade up to nab their player.

2. If there is a cluster of BPA's are available at Ram's pick then Snead will attempt to get value by trading back a few spaces and still get a player he wants.

3. Later in the draft, If there aren't any impressive players left on Ram's board...Look for Snead to attempt to trade Ram's pick for a 2016 pick while moving up a round or two in 2016.

If Rams don't pick a WR in draft then I think Rams sign a Free Agent WR like Welker, Jennings, or Oak D. Moore to a bargain 1 or 2 year contract. ( Would love to see Welker work with T. Austin, S Baily, and Quick. )

If Rams don't pick a QB in draft then Rams sign a Free Agent QB like Brian Hoyer or another battle ready vet.

Rams come out of draft with 2 offensive linemen, 1 WR, 1 LB, 1 CB, and 1 QB.

yrba1

Mild-mannered Rams fan

It's possible we might draft Garrett Grayson in the second round. Hopefully Snisher's doing everything they can to find quality linemen across the draft.

rams24/7

Pro Bowler
Name
Nick
With the news of Barks leaving Tennessee w/o a contract I really think he's gonna resign. I also think that we have our starting center on the roster, but it will be a battle in camp. So the only vacancy is at guard. Imo Cooper and White have a good chance of being gone by 10, which could signal Scherff. Jmo

PressureD41

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Eddy
Unless Foles breaks his collarbone, then who'll help more a rookie QB or Keenum & Davis?
I would roll with the vets currently on our roster. Hurdley is raw plain & simple. Can't progress through his progressions in college now and you want him to start against an NFL team let alone our div? Just don't see it Champ

Athos

Legend

I sure as fuck hope not. Only 2 QBs in this class worthy of a trade up. I really question their intelligence if they traded up for anyone else.

At any rate, if we go O-Line hard and early, I REALLY REALLY want DeAndre Smelter.

Amitar

Pro Bowler
Name
Amitar
At this point I have no idea what the Rams plan to do. They have not even come close to addressing the OL. Now they can't afford to take the BPA because they only have 2/5 of an OL. Barksdale is not a starting RT. It's OL the first three or four picks. And if you start saying they need to draft a DE because Long could be gone soon then you might as well throw in the towel because that means the Rams are now drafting players to replace starters and that gets you no where.