What about Kirk Cousins as a Ram? Just a thought.

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

wsaladen

Rookie
I have heard so many names thrown out there about possible quaterbacks that I just had to ask. If not Cousins, then who would we like to come in as a back up or even start?

ZigZagRam

Pro Bowler
It's been discussed a lot here.

Cousins isn't going anywhere with Washington uncertain with what they have in RGMe.

Faceplant

Still celebrating Superbowl LVI
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2023 ROD Pick'em Champion
There is no one out there that would give us more than Hill. Sanchez would be the only intriguing option, and only becaue he is familiar with the system. Not a fan of Kirk Cousins. I live in the DC area and have seen plenty of him. No bueno IMO.....

Akrasian

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Right. If Sanchez were freely or cheaply available, he might be an option. But he isn't. And giving up a high draft pick for someone who is mediocre at best isn't a good plan. And the Redskins would of course try to take advantage of the Rams badly in any deal, given how they're still hurting on how we robbed them blind in the RG3 deal.

RamsJunkie

ARE YOU NOT ENTERTAINED!
Everybody needs to start blowing up Kurt Warners Twitter page. We can throw him an early superbowl parade when he signs.

wsaladen

Rookie
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Is Shaun Hill playing in thursdays game in Miami or will they sit him out to protect him from a possible injury?

RamsJunkie

ARE YOU NOT ENTERTAINED!
Is Shaun Hill playing in thursdays game in Miami or will they sit him out to protect him from a possible injury?

I would hope they would get him in there and get some reps with the 1's in a real game situation, I know they are in practice but its not the same

Dodgersrf

Name
Scott
Fisher isn't saying.
We'll just have to wait and see.
I'm sure he'll get some time. Just not sure how much.

Robocop

Pro Bowler
Name
J.
There is no one out there that would give us more than Hill. Sanchez would be the only intriguing option, and only becaue he is familiar with the system. Not a fan of Kirk Cousins. I live in the DC area and have seen plenty of him. No bueno IMO.....
i live in the DC area too. i cant wait for RG3 to bust so I can shove it in the faces of my friends who give me shit on Bradford

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
Right. If Sanchez were freely or cheaply available, he might be an option. But he isn't. And giving up a high draft pick for someone who is mediocre at best isn't a good plan. And the Redskins would of course try to take advantage of the Rams badly in any deal, given how they're still hurting on how we robbed them blind in the RG3 deal.

Really??? As I don't disagree that the Redskins would as for the world, but why does everybody else like Cousins and not you? Plus I liked him at Michigan State and IMO is far superior to Sanchez who's already proven he can't run Shottys offense so I am just wondering besides the asking price what is it about Cousins that give you trepidation?

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les

I think you are exactly right faceplant, Hill is better than any other possible option right now.

RaminExile

Hall of Fame
I have heard so many names thrown out there about possible quaterbacks that I just had to ask. If not Cousins, then who would we like to come in as a back up or even start?
1. Don't think hes better than Hill
2. Would have to learn the system
3. Would have to trade (thus giving something up!) for him.

So no thanks Kirk!

Really??? As I don't disagree that the Redskins would as for the world, but why does everybody else like Cousins and not you? Plus I liked him at Michigan State and IMO is far superior to Sanchez who's already proven he can't run Shottys offense so I am just wondering besides the asking price what is it about Cousins that give you trepidation?

I don't like Cousins, think he's vastly overrated by virtue of being a back up QB who has thrown a few NFL passes. His hype comes on the back of 1 and a half good games. He looked every bit of his sub 60 passer rating last season.

Akrasian

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

Not everybody likes him. And he makes too many mistakes - 10 TDs and 12 interceptions, with a low passer rating. Really, while he looked promising when he briefly replaced RG3 two years ago - he really looked bad last year, and hasn't impressed except in comparison to RG3 this preseason. Why would you think he was worth very much?

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Only problem I have with adding a QB is that it likely means carrying 3 QB on the roster. I cant see replacing Davis on the active roster and just releasing him. If they are confident that no other team would sign him, a la Clemens in 2012, then they obviously dont have much hope for him
Please no 3 QB, Id rather see an extra RB (Watts) make the team, or an extra DE (Sam) make the team or depth on the o-line.

Faceplant

Still celebrating Superbowl LVI
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2023 ROD Pick'em Champion
Plenty of people (myself included) are unimpressed with Cousins.... because his play has been unimpressive for the most part.

Ballhawk

Please don't confuse my experience for pessimism!
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
NPW
Sounds like a wasteful and destructive panic move to me. Stick with what we have and see what you can do next year in the draft and/or with Bradford. You can't pick up a QB at the last minute and expect him to be able to learn the offense in time to be any good this year.